Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxGangrel

Doom 2 Redux NOW ON IDGAMES!!!

Doom 2 Redux Version 1.4 is now released on the OP!!

If no one has caught anything that needs to be fixed or changed within the next two weeks, the wad will be released as is.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:37 AM, nxGangGirl said:

Thanks to every one who contributed to the project!

Yes, thank you all.  Mappers, testers, artists, and TNS for all of your valuable input.  I am so happy with how this turned out.  This megawad is ours, and people had fun playing it.  That makes me really proud.  

nxGangGirl said: Thanks to Trace

Gorsh, don't mention it!

So I've been encountering a bug in Eternity where the engine will freeze every time map 14 is started. The level won't load at all, it will just go white. Can any one explain this? I don't know what could cause this.

6 hours ago, nxGangGirl said:

So I've been encountering a bug in Eternity where the engine will freeze every time map 14 is started. The level won't load at all, it will just go white. Can any one explain this? I don't know what could cause this.

Eternity loads the map perfectly fine, although you do have a linedef that's missing a frontside somewhere: 38c1f927ca.png

Oh thank god. I don't know what's causing it with me though. It can't be the unknown texture I don't think. I'll have to double check.

Gangrel, I like what you've done with Map30.  Be sure to add your name to the credits on that map. 

I need to edit some of my maps to be more compatible with multiplayer. There are too many rooms that lock you in and force a restart if a death occurred in the locked room.

Well it's about goddamn time. Did you forget about us? I wouldn't blame you. Since testing pretty much ended, I figured we were ready to upload the WAD. I'm really glad we got this project through.

Download in the OP. Get it now!

Just started to play with GLBoom+, -complevel 9.

Map03 has a weird door and there is a shotgun guy inside the room. The door won't open once it closed and it is 99.99% that the shotgun guy is stuck inside and you cannot get 100% kills. I don't know why the door is designed like this because any map should get 100% kills on UV.

1.jpg

2.jpg

^The door is supposed to open once you walk into the switch room that it's in. It was a walk trigger but I put in a regular door action as well in case this did happen. Trace however, made a tweak to the version of his map that he had, which left out some of the things that I made so I had to remake them. Apparently there was a glitch in a level version I had where the walk trigger was still there but wouldn't open (I don't know why), and that version didn't have the regular door action either. I didn't realize that until after the wad was uploaded.

My apologies.

Is there a list of music for Redux? I'm trying to find out what songs are what. Namely Map15.

This was brought to my attention in a recent thread. It is pretty good so far, even if the levels look nothing like their vanilla counterparts.

The soundtrack is pretty nice too! I agree with @revel: it would be nice to have a complete tracklist.

Thanks to the recent bump, I'll take the chance to report a couple of important roadblocks that happened in cl9, as well as lesser miscellaneous:

- In map 03, there is a door on sector 447 which opens only once for a limited amount of time, so it's possible to miss the stuff inside the room, including the shotgunner, but less likely if he sees you. I think I was looking for the RL as main concern and missed the chance, although the room doesn't have anything you must grab thankfully. Not sure why it isn't a permanent open door stay.

- In map 16, the exit door is linked to a S1 action with no tags, so it can't be opened in cl9 unless the "lines w/o tags apply locally" option is enabled, which doesn't work for demo recording. It should just use D1 instead.

- In map 23, lines 598 is too close to 601 and doesn't let you open the door, so they need "pass use" flag (idk if both lines need it). Furthermore, you can easily back out before picking the chainsaw and run over the barrier while it's raising, then get stuck in the hub. This latter isn't too troublesome since it's a few seconds away from the start, but for the other you'll otherwise need yet another "mapping error" option enabled to get past. I was also puzzled about the use(lessness) of the invul in the last room, but I'm here for the bugs and bunnies...

- Not game-breaking but in map 25 there was this glitch over there. The line is 4123 and is textured, so the best remedy is to place a vertex on the line and problem solved. 

- In map 26, these two can't detach from each other.

- Same as these two in map 28 (lucky me they didn't die to a rocket, would have missed it).

- In map 29, probably worth adding block lines around the gunners on those rocks far away, because this can happen lol

- In map 30, the arachnotrons on the marble cubes can't move. 

Additional: in map 24, the catwalk to the RL secret is paired with potentially getting fucked by monsters from below, and I was sometimes clawed by a hell knight or imp, or stuck on a mancubus that was glued to the platform. After many attempts I could reach the secret and move on, so it's not impossible for sure (this seems to be one of Scotty's earliest maps so it occurs to me he wasn't as rigorous with source ports as he may be nowadays, so nothing against the map). Oh, also I don't know how it happened but the SMM sector in the final area didn't raise the first time (as in, it woke up to a lost soul and that's when I knew there was a SMM inside the floor), and then it raised later. I must have skipped one of the triggers somehow, it seems you can by sliding next to the edge of the vertical one, so I'm gonna assume that's what happened...

Anyways, that is all. Solid wall overall!

Is there a list of music for Redux? I'm trying to find out what songs are what. Namely Map15.

@revel I know that map 19's is called "You Look So Fine" by Garbage, so here's one at least!

Holy hades! I'm shocked I never ran across this one. I love collecting all the reimagined wads.

Hello!

I'd just like to thank the authors of this megawad, I had a blast playing it! The reimagined city levels are pretty strong and the secret levels were a good idea!

I don't really know the forum's etiquette since I am new, I hope the bump wasn't an issue!
I recommend this megawad for those interested!