Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pelle1986

Doom builder (Hexen)

I use DoomBuilder to edit my own Hexen scenarios/maps. But I just do not know how to make stairs raise. I have watched several tutorials without success. When the stairs are supposed to raise, only the first stair raises and then nothing happens. I did make sure that the lines were flipped the right way. Can anyone help me?

For Hexen stairs, refer to this. An important part is that the stairstep sectors must have alternating sector types (26 and 27). So the first step (the one in the tagged sector) must have sector type 26, then the next must have sector type 27, and the third goes back to 26, the fourth to 27, and so on.

Line direction is for the Doom-style stair builders.

Thank you very much! I will test this. Maybe you could help me with another thing as well? You know when you use the function "teleport to map" you are able to chose position. I assume this is the landingspot on that map. How do I add a landingspot?
Thanks for your time!

Stair building has always confused the piss out of me, which is weird since I can write complicated ACS scripts for all kinds of map stuff but can't figure out how stairs build. :facepalm:

Pelle1986 said:

Thank you very much! I will test this. Maybe you could help me with another thing as well? You know when you use the function "teleport to map" you are able to chose position. I assume this is the landingspot on that map. How do I add a landingspot?
Thanks for your time!

The landing spot is just a player start.

The position is the first argument/parameter of the start. If you want a good example, look at MAP02 of Hexen. There are six clusters of player starts in it (plus deathmatch starts sprinkled around, let's ignore those). To the north, there are the player starts with first arg 0. Players coming from Winnowing Hall arrive there. Then going clockwise you get 2 (north east), 1 (east*), 3 (south-east), 4 (south west), and finally 5 (north west).

* Players 5, 6, 7, 8 are bugged and flagged with 3 here too...

Thank you very much! The "landing position" worked well, but I did not managed to make the stairs raise, only the first stair raised.

Pelle1986 said:

..... but I did not manage to make the stairs raise, only the first stair raised.

Alternate sector specials 26 and 27.

Spoiler

Pay attention to the direction of step linedefs.
Spoiler