Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edward850

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (Crossplay)

I wish Shadows of the Empire could get a remaster and mod support, but there's probably a lot of legal issues surrounding the game. The game had both a N64 and PC version, and GoG re-released the PC version not long ago.

Edited by Avoozl

3 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I wish Shadows of the Empire could get a remaster and mod support, but there's probably a lot of legal issues surrounding the game. The game had both a N64 and PC version, and GoG re-released the PC version not long ago.

That'd be up to Disney.

By the way, it's now officially announced that Turok 2 now has Steam/GOG crossplay. You should already have the build capable of doing this as well. If you're on Steam, GOG lobbies can be created/entered simply by going to the specifically marked GOG Galaxy options in the multiplayer menu. If you're on GOG, download GOG Galaxy and the multiplayer lobbies will become available as long as you're logged in.

For some reason we just can't stop updating Turok2. New beta patch is out on Steam, providing DirectX support (got to the betas tab in the game properties): http://steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/0/1319962599254521430/
There's some unmentioned changes under the hood, but they are mostly boring things like minor client synchronization fixes for things nobody noticed and stuff like that.

Edited by Edward850

Oh look, more updates! 1.5.4 is now public on Steam and GOG. Changelog.
The main new feature is DirectX support, which should run better on AMD cards and actually gives support to a slightly older set of graphics cards as long as your GPU supports DirectX10. Specifically, it's DirectX11 but with minimum support for the DX10 feature set, as we don't actually need tessellation for anything.
There's also a bunch of multiplayer and and singleplayer updates (see the change log), spread across two different version numbers.

Turok2 1.5.5 is now pushed publicly to all (Steam & GOG). If you didn't want dedicated server support, two new game-modes and DirectX optimizations, you can no longer hide from it.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/405830/announcements/detail/1346988836024801897

1.5.5 Patch Notes

===========

Renderer / Graphics
====================
  • Instanced rendering for particles (Direct X optimization)
  • Shadow map optimizations (batched actor shadow casters)
  • Uniform buffer optimizations (Direct X)
  • Fixed cloaking effect not rendering
  • Fixed explosions changing color when making contact with 'alien flesh' surface types
  • Particles and trails can now be occluded by geometry (optimizations)

Single-Player Gameplay
======================

• Destructibles now flash red when shot
  • Fix turrets in River of Souls not firing at player
  • Some components of the AI is now multi-threaded (optimizations)

Local and Network Multiplayer
=============================

• Dedicated server support (self hosted with included binary, server list browser built in)
  • New InstaRok ("Instagib") game mode
  • New Raptor-Fest (survival co-op/competitive) game mode
  • Improved handling of large amounts of object synchronization
  • Restored 3 N64 maps; Escheria, Endangered species and Moonlit Mayhem
  • Stability updates
  • Added 'playername' cvar to act as the local player name in case no social service (Steam/GOG Galaxy) is available

User Interface
==============

• New quick weapon select feature

Misc
==============

• Optimized collision detection with static meshes
  • Fixed floating blood splats from shotgun bullets

17 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

What's with the two mystery achievements added to Turok so late?

The gist is bad timing. There's a branch on Steam in testing waiting for specific things, but Steam doesn't allow us to mark achievements for specific builds so those two can't be achieved until that build is public, so they currently sit there in wait.

Unless you mean why they were created. Well the proper answer is behind NDA currently, but you could probably infer part of the reason from that.

Well one is called "Speedrunner" (pretty obvious what it's going to be) and the other "Not Quite Mortal" (probably never dying once).

(FYI the names are visible when you view global achievement stats. Steam doesn't properly hide them)

Suppose I should update this to say that Turok 1 is now available on the Nintendo Switch, with Gyro controls and HD Rumble (although strangely some people seem to be more fascinated by touch screen menus?): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/turok-switch
It's available on the US, EU and Aus/NZ eShop (if you don't see it on the website, you'll see it on your Switch). Turok 2 was also softly announced but has no date or further details at this time.

What's really annoying is that they seem to be treating the Turok 2 remaster as complete, when, last I checked, it still has a bunch of glaring bugs. Not gamebreaking ones, but still irritating. And I'm not even gonna bring up a level editor or original level versions...

Hey @Edward850, I believe you are involved in this remaster, right? Could you tell us if Night Dive Studios is considering porting Turok 3 next?

(If it has already been asked before, I apologize.)

16 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Hey @Edward850, I believe you are involved in this remaster, right? Could you tell us if Night Dive Studios is considering porting Turok 3 next?

(If it has already been asked before, I apologize.)

Ye. "Considering" is a complex word, we'll do it if and when we can, but we can't offer much is to how we'll get there at this time. Turok3 is one of the more complex projects given it has no PC version and we aren't sure if anybody has the source code.

Ah. Well, at least, you have not ruled the possibility out, so here is to hoping!

Thanks for letting us know!