Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eternity moving faster than other source ports?

I'm sorry for asking this, but it's been bothering me, and I haven't been able to find an answer.

Is there a reason Eternity would seem to move faster than other source ports? I've been switching between it and PrBoom+ recently, and it feels like the character's walking speed is literally a little bit faster. It's super subtle; like, my perception would be that if it were a 1 in PrBoom+, it would be a 1.1 in Eternity, but it feels different.

Both are running on capped framerate mode, and though none of my FPS-checking programs seem to work with PrBoom+, I don't believe it's running slowly.

If there isn't a literal speed difference, is there something I'd be perceiving that would be unique to Eternity? Maybe even something graphical? I hope I'm not just making this up, but I feel like I might be.

The first thing to check is in the menus where there is the option "Game Speed, Percentage of Normal". Naturally, it should be 100 in both cases.

In Prboom+ it's quite easy to change the game speed accidentally if you have gamespeed+ or gamespeed- mapped to keys that you might (depending on your control set-up) press by mistake. I have them mapped to keys that are far from any that I use for other purposes.