Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aniket161200

skybase-the begining

aniket161200 said:

all in txt file attached to rar file dude

Then you should have no trouble just C&P'ing that text file into your OP so that people can more easily decide whether they want to download the rar :)

IWAD:doom 2
port:Gzdoom only
Notes:singleplayer only
new maps 1
map no. map01
new textures:yes
new monsters:yes
multiplayer no

I've not played it, but it looks like a pretty standard 'Realm667 Showcase' wad. The theme also seems inconsistent, such as a fire torch in a techbase setting? Also the quality seems inconsistent and variable - the second screenshot is without any shadow of a doubt the best one posted, as the others either show small, cramped rooms with nothing specifically impressive in them, or in the last shot's case, nothing at all except an incredibly cramped acid pit.

Perhaps I'd suggest adding a gameplay video to tempt people into playing it! ;)

i think this level is broken, after you kill all the barons and open that thing on the ground, you go to what it seems to be a underground place, the one with a baron-like monster staring trough a window, there's supposed to be a door that should open, but nothing happens, and you can't progress anywhere.

Also, by what i could observe, all doors don't have their sides unpegged correctly.

RanhDoomer said:

i think this level is broken, after you kill all the barons and open that thing on the ground, you go to what it seems to be a underground place, the one with a baron-like monster staring trough a window, there's supposed to be a door that should open, but nothing happens, and you can't progress anywhere.

Also, by what i could observe, all doors don't have their sides unpegged correctly.

You have to activate him. I think I shot at him (even though the glass stopped the shot). He teleports into your room. After you kill him, the door opens.

And yes, it is broken. In multiple places. I hit a switch which raised the sector I was standing on, but fell off it when I shot the Chaingunner at the top, before I grabbed the Yellow Key. There's no way back up. I had to clip to get the key. After I opened the Yellow Key Door and killed the AV and Shotgunners, nothing happened. The teleport in the room doesn't work. That's when I quit.

I wondered why the wad was so big, so I looked inside it. Aside from a LOT of textures I'm sure weren't used, I found that frame CORBC0 of the Gatekeeper's attack was actually another whole wad of seven maps called 'Hell Returns'. If that frame is fixed and the extra wad is removed, file size drops from 65Mb to 33Mb. A lot less to download.

Some pretty things and some monsters I haven't seen used before, but too buggy to enjoy.

Sounds like I wasn't far wrong. By Effingham's description, it sounds like the all too common scenario: 'New mapper got too excited about adding new assets to learn how to do it properly'.

Don't let that discourage you though aniket161200. You'd be better off taking the time to learn to manage your assets (textures, sprites, DECORATE etc) properly. This saves you from having excessively bloated WAD files! :)

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

You have to activate him. I think I shot at him (even though the glass stopped the shot). He teleports into your room. After you kill him, the door opens.

I shot at it, nothing happens...damn

Sorry guys I am really new to this...I will try to fix the bugs and reupload it with attractive improvements

And ya you have to press the window front to
Activate the monster

aniket161200 said:

Sorry guys I am really new to this...I will try to fix the bugs and reupload it with attractive improvements

And ya you have to press the window front to
Activate the monster

Ok, looking forward to this. :D