• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Outrageous Videos

Demos not recording (Solved)

My demos aren't showing up after I finish the level
here's my batch file
D:\\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad "doom2.wad" -file "ludicrm.wad" -warp 03 -skill 4 -shorttics -record "gravity sucks"
what am I doing wrong?
The demos showed up before when I played the map the exact same

That's quite weird, but "D:\\" might be the problem (try "D:\"). Also, use -complevel 9 for ludicrm. Put this in your batch file:

D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2 -file ludicrm -warp 3 -skill 4 -complevel 9 -record gravitysucks

Are you invoking this batch file outside of the GLBOOM+ directory? If so, any output files may also be created outside of it (or inside it), depending on how the source port handles its current directory, and depending on where you expected to find them, you might be surprised. For example, demo playback might work with files at the same folder level as the batch file, but recording demos might not. If in doubt, try using an absolute path (e.g. D:\gravitysucks) for your demo file, see if you can find it then.

38_ViTa_38 said:

That's quite weird, but "D:\\" might be the problem (try "D:\"). Also, use -complevel 9 for ludicrm. Put this in your batch file:

D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2 -file ludicrm -warp 3 -skill 4 -complevel 9 -record gravitysucks

Thank you!
I just tried both at once and it worked
EDIT:
Now it's not working again and I've got the exact bat you've posted up there
It just started a few days ago but none of my demo bats are working

Have you got "overwrite existing" (in the menus) set to "yes"? Or in the cfg:

demo_overwriteexisting        1

What error do you get in stdout.txt? If you're using a 2.5.1.5 build, try this:

D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2 -file ludicrm -warp 3 -skill 4 -complevel 9 -record gravitysucks > stdout.txt

Outrageous Videos said:

[/b]Playing demo D:\GLBOOM+\gravitysucks.lmp
found D:\GLBOOM+\gravitysucks.lmp
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with boom v2.02 compatibility
[b]

Looks like you're trying to play back the demo. Just use "D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -playdemo gravitysucks" if you have the extended demo format enabled (if you don't, use "D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2 -file ludicrm -playdemo gravitysucks").

D:\GLBOOM+\glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2 -file ludicrm -warp 3 -skill 4 -complevel 9 -record D:\GLBOOM+\gravitysucks