Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

Nova III - old thread, don't use!

Blood Eagle

Tyson map (mostly) with under 60 monsters. Doesn't take long to complete. Enjoy. Thoughts and FDAs always welcome and useful.

Midi is "Unearth" by Alfonzo.

zU6qyNY.png

DOWNLOAD (requires Nova III texture pack)

Sorry I haven't given out much if at all updates for the map, I've had some problems with school that I had to get sorted straightaway. But all of it is done, I've survived the quarter and I will finally be able to continue my map.

@AD_79 what's goin on mate?

Starting to fear for this project a bit if i'm completely honest.

School kicking my shit in is what's going on o/

I feel bad for letting it sit on the sidelines for so long, though, so I'm gonna try to get an alpha up this Sunday (and this time I mean it :I ). Apologies for taking so long!

My map is coming along slowly but surely. It's been hard to find time to map lately with my mom moving and easter bringing more business to work. 

I've lost some of the mapping urge for my second map, specially with my GPU dying and GZDoom Builder growing kinda slow with that.

It will still be done, but it's on the backburner right now.

I may start to work on a Hub for the Meggido; leaving a variety of blank areas for matching up to respective people's areas.

I'll think of something, but in the meantime, have a gander through some of my maps and see if there's a theme you'd like for me to go with, individual bits are also applicable to this.

Given that Meggido will basically take place right in the middle of the jungle theme, maybe it should be like a mystical gateway to other dimensions, thus keeping it reasonably sane instead of just having something that seems really out of place there.

Depending on how many people will enter on it, you can make 6 areas, each one grabbing a key, then a door locked with a 6 key lock. Then maybe two or three grates where you have to finish another area to open, if we get more than 6 persons willing.

I'd personally be up for a mystical-gateway thing, so we can have a bit more of freedom. I know I love to switch themes middle-map and include some surrealism.

Anyway, almost done with the entry area for my second map. That corridor to the very north will teleport you into some tech hell weird thingy, I'm still planning that.

58faee4563c29_MAP21at2017_04.2202-37-07.153R2973.jpg.7d6c2ee04a5ccfaea4d91ddee59ad7fd.jpg

Can i join this project?If yes then does my map need to be ready right now or can i start when i join?

Of course you can join!

There's no deadline on maps as of now. Take your time.

It's still Sunday here! Here's the updated alpha.

CURRENT MAPLIST (important: no work has gone into ordering yet):

Spoiler

01: untitled by Tactical Stiffy
02: Calm the Fire by AnonimVio
03: Crimson Hollow by MFG38
04: Behemoth by scotty
05: Blood Eagle by scotty
06: The Crow Comes Last by Angry Saint
07: A Partner of the 49th Day by Kurashiki

12: Dregs of a Bitter Cup by obake (btw uh I'd much prefer if you'd use a MIDI, I didn't include the OGG)
13: untitled by dt_
14: untitled by sincity2100
15: Khmeer Aqul Tan by CWolfRu
16: El Dorado by Albertoni

21: Mare Crisium by Benjogami
22: Lunatic Dais by Finakala
23: Beta Three by dt_
24: untitled by Ethanh59

Anyways, it's late, so if I accidentally missed something, please let me know.

Been working on a Moon map taking place in a giant crater.

Screenshots:

79C0CD3D90B036EA0DE95C8EFABCCF44233C8E5E

282ACFACA31E8491ED092013D52710626C17B3EF

Also, given MarketAnarchy's map not fitting the project due to size and intensity, is there a general monster count/map length/difficulty guideline for this?

will repost on request but it's kind of bad

Edited by SArais : void hall with mock line horizons

7 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

is there a general monster count/map length/difficulty guideline for this?

I'd say anything goes as long as one can reasonably finish it in less than half an hour? The problem with that map was that after 40 minutes you're not even halfway through.

Really liking how this effect ended up. The textures on the left of the first pic are far from final, but this mix of techbase and demon tech is pleasing me:

Screenshot_Doom_20170426_014943.png.6f0e51cd625d1e33b8744608eaad76fb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20170426_015018.png.1c65133df50471e2a8c210f723bfdf37.png

Having played the latest alpha again and after considerable thought, i'm gonna withdraw Behemoth from this and release it standalone, in hindsight think the map would work better presented that way rather than in a megawad.

Hey, got a question about the red energy field texture. I see lots of frames for it like in the cc4-tex pack but it doesn't animate when I use it. Am I loading something wrong or what's the deal with that?

Hmm, looks like an entry for FFIELDR* doesn't actually exist in the ANIMATED. Thanks for pointing that out.

Alright Scotty, I'll be sure to remove Behemoth from the next compilation. A shame though, as it's a pretty damn cool map.

No Sector_SetLink to make multi-sector elevators? No problem, Albertoni got you covered! Nobody is making the middle sector raise separately like this!

Image1.jpg.8c30471e828d6071ccb2b6789937a486.jpg

On 4/24/2017 at 0:55 AM, AD_79 said:

Dregs of a Bitter Cup by obake (btw uh I'd much prefer if you'd use a MIDI, I didn't include the OGG)

I'll see if I can find an atmospheric MIDI, then.

Here are some screenshots of my map I'm working right now. Basically it's the same map I started a while ago, but this time for the "Moon" episode. About 1/2 was freshly done from scratch, the other half has been "converted" from my jungle map - see last post in the old thread to compare with the old screens: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/85532-nova-iii-link-to-new-thread-in-op/?page=17

18156630_1864750077112931_1523776950736902886_o.png

18238141_1864750080446264_3353180400144479886_o.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170515_130103.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170515_133136.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170515_133229.png

The new screenshots are looking really good. Each NOVA looks to be a step up in quality from the last. I should get around to setting up my let's play channel on YouTube so I can go through them all and share my thoughts with everyone.