Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

Nova III - old thread, don't use!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j03664tops1hg07/FuryBeginsV2.wad?dl=0

So, I fixed and tweaked some stuff based on feedback. The enemies getting stuck was actually a result of not setting the right difficulty for some of the enemies, so you had imps getting stuck inside of revetments on UV. I've (hopefully) remedied the issue. Thnx for the FDAs by the way, I always enjoy seeing how different people tackle my maps.

-Difficulty tags fixed

-Made the arch/rev boxes in front of the red door slightly wider

-Minimized some shell ammunition

-Made the soulsphere platform wider so that it's easier to trigger the secret

-Lastly made some changes to the final room. You have to raise the stairs via a switch to get up to the revenants now. Also added a few monsters to spawn in the upper area to make the fight a little more interesting.

Faux pas. Probably should have asked if I can have the spot map 32 before I start to make a map. Can I? heh.

e- @AD_79

Edited by NeedHealth

On 2017/8/30 at 8:38 PM, A2Rob said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j03664tops1hg07/FuryBeginsV2.wad?dl=0

So, I fixed and tweaked some stuff based on feedback. The enemies getting stuck was actually a result of not setting the right difficulty for some of the enemies, so you had imps getting stuck inside of revetments on UV. I've (hopefully) remedied the issue. Thnx for the FDAs by the way, I always enjoy seeing how different people tackle my maps.

-Difficulty tags fixed

-Made the arch/rev boxes in front of the red door slightly wider

-Minimized some shell ammunition

-Made the soulsphere platform wider so that it's easier to trigger the secret

-Lastly made some changes to the final room. You have to raise the stairs via a switch to get up to the revenants now. Also added a few monsters to spawn in the upper area to make the fight a little more interesting.

@A2Rob I have completed UV Max of the updated map. The enemies won't be stuck, but there are new problems.

Map candidate: Fury Begins by A2Rob (version 2.0)

Can UV Max be done?-Yes.

Time: 9:07

Youtube video: Fury Begins V2 UV Max in 9:07

There are 2 enemies which can be triggered inside the pillars. One is the archvile in the right pillar and the other is a revenant in the left pillar. Actually they should not be triggered so early.

The most serious thing is the triggered archvile can attack you even if the pillar is not lowered down. I have retried 30+ times because of this.

59aa02097a3c1_QQ20170901204545.png.26743067bd90a035b7714a7f2cc08ec6.png

furybeginsv2-907.zip

Oh.. I actually thought the idea of the viles waking up early was fun. It sort kept me guessing a bit playing it blind.

Best of luck to all those peaple that work in this! I would love to help in anyway, yet i really dont have any exp in wad making or modding. 

Hope this gets really good! Keep on the great job. 

.-''Feel the pain one last time.''

I had a quick go of the Alpha build the other day and I was really impressed with the first few maps I played. When the Alpha is updated with more maps I'll give it a proper run through. My own map contribution is well under way, and I'm excited to see this project completed. I'm confident this will be the best Nova yet, Keep up the great work everyone!

I have played some "E2 Maps" recently because I want to change the theme of maps and want to see what "jungle" maps look like.

Also I slowed down the pace because I find most "E2 Maps" are fit for slow run instead of fast pace, and I don't want to be a speedrun slave :(

Map12: Dregs of a Bitter Cup by obake

Can UV Max be done?-Yes.

Time: 8:34

Youtube video: Map12 UV Max in 8:34

Well actually I have nothing special about this map. Note that there is ONLY one green armor so watch out.

Map13: untitled by dt_

Can UV Max be done?-Yes.

Time: 9:47

Youtube video: Map13 UV Max in 9:47

The entrance to the tomb looks like a "FORCED secret". You have to touch the blinking torch to open the door.

I think health is assigned badly in this map because there are very few medikits and even stimpacks in this map. You can say there are some medikits in the cyberdemon room, but when you have enough time and space to get them the battle is almost over. So that means if you get hurt badly you have almost no chance to heal.

This is my way to beat the cyberdemon room and I cannot think of an alternative now. I intended to kill the vile in front of the cell pack but failed to kill him with one BFG shot. Sucks.

Berserk pack? It is for healing.

PS: I am updating the continuous run of NOVA and NOVA II. It seems that NOVA series is for new mappers since the birth is released. Thus maps can differ greatly in quality.

Also an interesting fact is that NOVA and NOVA II are run in complevel 2 but NOVA III is run in complevel 9.

Link: NOVA series continuous run

nova3alpha12-13.zip

Edited by lirui1001

My contribution to this wad.

Name: Cannibal

IWAD: Doom 2 map 10

Tested with: PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, GZDoom 2.3.2

Difficulty: UV and HMP

Multiplayer: not implemented

Requirements: Nova 3 Resources

Description: A level with an open layout, not very challenging aside for a pair of sections.

Screen:

4S5Cy5S.jpg

DOWNLOAD v3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WL-1RRmeVHaUZaMHdaTGFkdzQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Paul977

4 hours ago, Paul977 said:

Is this made for Episode 2?

7 hours ago, Paul977 said:

Episode 1 map 10, hopefully it's ok

I think it looks more jungle-like than hellish, but it's ultimately up to the project organizers where it goes.

On 29/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, Paul977 said:

Very fun map! Interesting setups and generally chaotic and fast paced, the type of playing i enjoy. Feels extremely Plutonia-esque in texturing. My only comment is that the Cyb at the end is pretty meh, i had no cells left for him so just ignored him and left the map, he was no real threat at all.

Thanks for demo and feedback Scotty and Benjogami. I used to do the final area using infighting but it is totally not obvious^, so I added more ammo in the exit room to deal with the cyber; changed the download link to the new version of the map

Fun map. Here's a max (3:22) for version 2, a not-grinded-out speedrun instead of a true casually paced max.

Pretty fun map, not too many flaws as is. 

cannibal_rd_max.zip

If you're still looking for changes: 

- Masterminds almost never shot at me, ever. Those barriers can afford to be somewhat narrower while still not making that fight hard. Just for the 'appearance' of threat. 

- I think the YK wing can afford to be substantially more dangerous than it is, to make up for the fact that you get the BFG early if you take that route, which really softens the RK route a lot. It's also very short.

@Paul977 Do you mind fix this? ;P  I'll do a run later for your map, very fun. The complaint I have right now is that the BFG worth a more serious trap.

Edited by GarrettChan

Paul's Cannibal UV Max in 2:50

cannibal-250.zip

This map worthes a video.

Now Paul's maps are must play for me. I really like the setup of all the maps I've played by far. I went back and killed a "OB" Cacodemon (mentioned below), so there should be improvements. This run took me like 1.5 hours, It's just very fun to run and I didn't feel the time flying through.

I pretty much hold the same view of rdwpa's. Since the BFG requires only one key, everyone will definitely use the Yellow Skull to get it because of the relatively low difficulty. (Now I think about it, Red Skull is not that hard either, but it takes a little bit more time to do, for my run mostly use Rocket Launcher for the Red Skull trap.) The Spider Masterminds are not actually threats because they can hit each other. Due to the generosity of the health, I think even an Invisibility can be enough, instead of Soulsphere + wide barriers.

Anyway, the only thing to me is that Cacodemons and Pain Elementals have a tendency to go out of bound, which is somewhat fun-killing. Many runs are "killed" by the Cacodemons stuck in somewhere no one even knows.

Mostly I'm just nitpicking things here. This map is totally high quality to me. Thanks for the effort, Paul. :D

Edited by GarrettChan

19 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

@Paul977 Do you mind fix this? ;P  I'll do a run later for your map, very fun. The complaint I have right now is that the BFG worth a more serious trap.

Eh, never thought about this possibility^. Might do some changes in the spidermasterminds area even if that area is not intended to be particularly difficult. In the meantime I fixed the barrier near the end to be lowered from the extern and I've uploaded a new download link; thanks for demo and feedback rdwpa and GarretChan and good play :)

So are positions still open for this? I might submit my remake/expansion of my eagle 7 map (which is coming along pretty nicely might I say) but I'm not sure what the rules are about not 100% original maps (though you might as well consider it 100% different since there are only a few parts that are actually carried over from the original, not that there was much there to begin with though...). Also I'm not sure if there are any more slots left over for hell maps since that's what mine is and I know the project is divided into themes...

10 E1 maps have been submitted so far.... and i see Bioshockfan is working on one too.

Sup. I decided to throw together every map i could in some sort of unofficial alpha to keep things going along. 21 maps total. Download. Some maps need extra textures so i added them to the given pack, here. Maps aren't in any particular order. There are gaps cause i just put everything in the relevant episode. Loads of maps need midis and some people need to name their stuff. Hope this is useful and compels people to get their maps finished, cause i know a lot of people have stuff in the works.

2 E1 maps are missing cause the download links have expired for them.

E3 needs maps most of all, someone make a moon map!!!

Unofficial alpha maplist:

Spoiler

1 - (untitled) - Tactical Stiffy

2 - Calm the Fire - AnonimVio

3 - The Crow Comes Last - Angry Saint

4 - A Partner of the 49th Day - Kurakishi

5 - Blood Eagle - Scotty

6 - Dante Allegory - NeedHealth

7 - Fury Begins - A2Rob

8 - Cannibal - Paul977

12 - El Dorado - Albertoni

13 - (untitled) - sincity2100

14 - Khmeer Agul Tan - Cwolf

15 - Dregs of a Bitter Cup - Obake

16 - (untitled) - dt_

17 - Terramin - Chainworm666

18 - Woodcraft - roofi

21 - Mare Crisium - Benjogami

22 - Lunatic Dais - Finakala

23 - Beta Three - dt_

24 - (untitled) - Ethanh59

25 - Generator Alpha - Redead-ITA

26 - The Ship That Wore A Mask - Albertoni

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

E3 needs maps most of all, someone make a moon map!!!

I'll make one. My hell map was getting boring to work on anyway, I need a change of pace. May get back to it after I finish this.