Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

Nova III - old thread, don't use!

50 minutes ago, Quantum Dranger said:

I'd love to take a crack at a final map. Is a custom boss allowed like Nova 2?

I believe the answer is yes and that @Obsidian is the person to speak to about that.

By the way, it's cool to see that people are still interested in making stuff for this. I just worry because some maps are now 18 months old and there is honestly little driving force from the top of this project.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

By the way, it's cool to see that people are still interested in making stuff for this. I just worry because some maps are now 18 months old and there is honestly little driving force from the top of this project.

Perhaps another change of management is in order? It seems we already have a promising new candidate. B)

Yeah... as much as I'd like to lead this project and see it to completion, it would be best for someone like Scotty to take over. I just do not have the motivation these days to manage this, or to do much of anything, really. I've tried and I just can't seem to make it work. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to pick on you. It's just that a lack of motivation in project management becomes obvious eventually, so if someone else is capable and up for it, why not give em a go. :D

3 hours ago, AD_79 said:

I've tried and I just can't seem to make it work. Sorry.

Well, so sad to hear this. I totally hope this project can eventually be finished in some way.

Very close to having a map ready to submit, I just have to finish transitioning it to PrBoom+ cl9 compatibility (started it as a boom-compatible map but tested only in GzDoom... not the wisest move on my part). 

I'm gonna pitch it as MAP31. It's jungle-themed with some quirky features, maybe-controversial design decisions,  and an elaborate secret that would be a natural exit to the super-secret level.

Hope this project makes it over the finish line, looks like there are some impressive maps here.

Ok, spoke with AD briefly and it looks like i'll be taking charge, then. I need to clear some other Doom commitments before i can concentrate on this so give me a few weeks to get them out the way.

Meanwhile, keep posting your maps - i'll keep adding everything to the alpha. Most likely early January, i'll post the new thread and provide feedback on every submitted map.

Megiddo III will be in this mapset so consider either map15 or, less likely, one of the secret maps reserved for that. If you want to know what that map is about, check out the first two Megiddo maps in Nova I and II and contact me if participating is of interest...

@Spectre01 @bioshockfan90 i saw you guys posted screens of maps in progress, how far away are these? Reckon you could get something finished by the end of 2017?

edit - one thing i am looking for is a potential map01, something short and fast paced with low tier monsters... i don't think we currently have a true map01 style map in the set, personally.

Edited by Scotty

Hey @Scotty ! I've been taking a break from my map to work on SlaughterMAX/DMP2017 stuff, but I believe I can get a beta version done by 2017 since I have more free time now. It's a huge map with a rather high monster count, which I currently have in the 28 slot. It's probably best in the 29 slot, unless there's a more epic Moon map by someone.

Also, can the red field texture in the resource pack be fixed to animate? It's currently static and I want it moving!

Ok, i fixed that animation so that'll be in when everything gets 'officially' updated.

A big map29 is cool with me, although i think Megiddo should have the highest monster count as it did in previous Nova sets (around 1k iirc), so you don't need to go too massive with it.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

although i think Megiddo should have the highest monster count as it did in previous Nova sets (around 1k iirc), so you don't need to go too massive with it.

I'm not familiar with "Megiddo", but I'm currently sitting at 2.6k enemies with 2 more large fights I'd like to do. I'm trying to make sure the fights aren't too intense or grindy though, so no hardcore slaughter. Also, what's the casual time limit to aim for if it's a large map29?

On 11/12/2017 at 11:25 PM, AD_79 said:

Yeah... as much as I'd like to lead this project and see it to completion, it would be best for someone like Scotty to take over. I just do not have the motivation these days to manage this, or to do much of anything, really. I've tried and I just can't seem to make it work. Sorry.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ok, spoke with AD briefly and it looks like i'll be taking charge, then. I need to clear some other Doom commitments before i can concentrate on this so give me a few weeks to get them out the way.

Meanwhile, keep posting your maps - i'll keep adding everything to the alpha. Most likely early January, i'll post the new thread and provide feedback on every submitted map.

Megiddo III will be in this mapset so consider either map15 or, less likely, one of the secret maps reserved for that. If you want to know what that map is about, check out the first two Megiddo maps in Nova I and II and contact me if participating is of interest...

@Spectre01 @bioshockfan90 i saw you guys posted screens of maps in progress, how far away are these? Reckon you could get something finished by the end of 2017?

edit - one thing i am looking for is a potential map01, something short and fast paced with low tier monsters... i don't think we currently have a true map01 style map in the set, personally.

Would it be possible to still periodically update the OP to include a current map listing? That way, we don't have to search through the rest of the pages. Given that @Scotty is taking over, I don't know how this would work.

16 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I'm not familiar with "Megiddo", but I'm currently sitting at 2.6k enemies with 2 more large fights I'd like to do. I'm trying to make sure the fights aren't too intense or grindy though, so no hardcore slaughter. Also, what's the casual time limit to aim for if it's a large map29?

Like i said, i don't want anything bigger than the Megiddo map will be, to be blunt. Perhaps you could cut your map down?

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

Would it be possible to still periodically update the OP to include a current map listing? That way, we don't have to search through the rest of the pages. Given that @Scotty is taking over, I don't know how this would work.

I'll be making a new thread at some point, but please just give me a couple of weeks to get organised. This post has i guess the most up to date maplist right now.

Here are some screenshots of the map I mentioned earlier in the thread, there's still quite a bit of the map left to do but these areas are done for the most part

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Ok i feel as though i should add a note of my entire understanding of the status of this project:

1 - (untitled) - Tactical Stiffy

2 - Calm the Fire - AnonimVio

3 - The Crow Comes Last - Angry Saint

4 - A Partner of the 49th Day - Kurakishi

5 - Blood Eagle - Scotty

6 - Dante Allegory - NeedHealth

7 - Fury Begins - A2Rob

8 - Cannibal - Paul977

amok submitted a map to this project some time ago, but the map was not included in this alpha build due to an expired link, i have contacted him.

12 - El Dorado - Albertoni

13 - (untitled) - sincity2100

14 - Khmeer Agul Tan - Cwolf

15 - Dregs of a Bitter Cup - Obake

16 - (untitled) - dt_

17 - Terramin - Chainworm666

18 - Woodcraft - roofi

21 - Mare Crisium - Benjogami

22 - Lunatic Dais - Finakala

23 - Beta Three - dt_

24 - (untitled) - Ethanh59

25 - Generator Alpha - Redead-ITA

26 - The Ship That Wore A Mask - Albertoni

E1 WIP maps from therektafire, A7MAD, Bioshockfan90  ***E1 is possibly oversubscribed***

E2 WIP map from me (95% done) and Megiddo III (map15) coming...

E3 WIP map from Spectre01, possibly also Relinquished (if he's still around), Snikle, Quantum Dranger working on Map30?

Map31 - Big 'ol Billy WIP

Map32 - Open???

So, we might actually not be far off with this...

Edited by Scotty

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Current progress

Put me in as a WIP E3 map. I need some motivation, and being put on this list will give me a sense of commitment.

Some sort of highway between two moonbases:

11-15-17.PNG.efef90a337794a40bb8aa1471b348476.PNG

Probably going to have to make some changes to Dante Allegory as I was expecting it to be placed around map01 -> map03 when I made it. It's nothing big, however @Scotty

I also relinquished my claim on map32, because I am going to do an jungle map eventually.

If E1 is full and I haven't finished my map, i'd be willing to submit the current standalone map i'm working on that coulldddd fit for E2, but i think you'd need to import some textures into the WAD

Ok, updated this. NeedHealth, E2 is essentially full as it stands, fyi. Unless you work very very quickly and get a map in before i finish this one :P  (Megiddo has a reserved slot).

E1 isn't full yet there's at least 2 spaces.

Note the map order is basically just submission order, please don't go overhauling maps based on this!! It'll make things unnecessarily complicated. If you've submitted a map just sit back and chill until a later date where an official alpha build will be given alongside feedback on every single map.

Yes, I figured as much because it my usual luck( not confirmation bias). Maybe I'll go do an moon map then.

e- moon map. Traditionally map order is reversed in nova 3.

e2 - can't spell.

Edited by NeedHealth

@Scotty hmm did my map that you picked up die then? If so then I'll probably just resurrect it in some form for another project at some point in the distant future.

2 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

@Scotty hmm did my map that you picked up die then? If so then I'll probably just resurrect it in some form for another project at some point in the distant future.

I did work on it a bit, slowly but surely, and had a plan for it, but getting it finished for this definitely a bridge to far now that i have to oversee things too, sorry man. :( Unless i hand it back to you possibly? Either way, the vision i had was to expand on that column idea into a massive cave underneath the surface of the moon. Here's where it was at, feel free to do what you please with the stuff i added, it's your map really anyway.