Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

[Solved] Doom UDMF Line Portals Not Working?

Hello! I'm attempting to add wall portals to my map in Doom UDMF format. I have Line_SetPortal on the line you go through, and Line_SetPortalTarget set on the on you're supposed to go out of, yet they just stay as regular walls.
Any help?

~~~EDIT~~~
I opened someone else's WAD with line portals to see what I was doing wrong, and I found that their WAD did not have portals either, although video displaying WAD on their page did. This could mean that it's a problem with whatever I have, although last time I checked I had the latest version of GZDoom / GZDoom Builder available.
What am I doing wrong?
~~~EDIT #2~~~
I figured it out!
So, from what I see one needs about 80 units of space after the line for the player to go through properly.

SetPortalTarget is used to change a portal's line.

You can look at this silly thing, it uses portals and changes their targets. You can get an idea of how both specials are used.

Gez said:

SetPortalTarget is used to change a portal's line.

You can look at this silly thing, it uses portals and changes their targets. You can get an idea of how both specials are used.

I've also tried Line_SetPortal on both entry and exit lines, still just a regular wall.
~~EDIT~~ (I like editing things)
I tried to open the WAD, got this:
"Script error, "attenuation.wad:GLDEFS" line 24:
Unknown tag: attenuate"

illuknisaa said:

Make sure you the exit and entrance sectors are in the same plane and you set the tags correctly.

What do you mean "plane"?
Same height, or same sector?

CrimCuttle said:

I tried to open the WAD, got this:
"Script error, "attenuation.wad:GLDEFS" line 24:
Unknown tag: attenuate"

Get a newer GZDoom?

That might be why the portals don't work.

The demo wad doesn't work because the implementation is very different. The line special just doesn't work the same way at all between ZZYZX's experimental code and the code that went into GZDoom. Don't use that old demo as a guideline.

Gez said:

The demo wad doesn't work because the implementation is very different. The line special just doesn't work the same way at all between ZZYZX's experimental code and the code that went into GZDoom. Don't use that old demo as a guideline.

Ah, ok.

I figured it out!
So, from what I see one needs about 80 units of space after the line for the player to go through properly.

On 3/5/2017 at 8:34 PM, CrimCuttle said:

Ah, ok.

I figured it out!

Not necessarily. 64 is my buffer for line portals in general.