Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cortlong50

music like quake 1 sountrack

hey is there any other music out there similar to the quake one soundtrack?

im looking for something that sounds like that song "parallel dimensions". something with kind of a pulsing ominous sound to it. im having an insanely hard time finding anything that sounds anything like it! theres a ton of great sketchy sounding ambient around but nothing with that pulsing.

if you are aware of any free to use music let me know, its for an upcoming map pack.

The Quake soundtrack was by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. Some of his other ambient works and collaborations are similar:

• bits of the "Still" disc from "And All That Could Have Been" by Nine Inch Nails
  • Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST
  • Gone Girl OST
And by other artists
  • Carter Tutti Void - Transverse
  • Carter Tutti Void - f(x)
  • Atticus Ross - Book of Eli OST
  • Brian Eno - Ambient 4 "On Land"

Why yes, there is. It's called "industrial ambient".

Jon said:

The Quake soundtrack was by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. Some of his other ambient works and collaborations are similar:

• bits of the "Still" disc from "And All That Could Have Been" by Nine Inch Nails
  • Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST
  • Gone Girl OST

I'd also recommend Further Down the Spiral.

And if you can find a copy somehow, Elder Gods Realm by Battlefield Abyss.

Closest thing I could think of right now for that pulsating sound you are looking for..

Of course it's not free to use, tho. Neither is anything posted here before, I guess.

If DW had a 👍 button I would have clicked it for mentioning Coil.

Coil and late-career Swans are definitely Quake-like. Quake has basically an industrial soundtrack, so a lot of industrial bands (the more atmospheric ones) will have a similar vibe.

Speaking of the Quake soundtrack, here's some music which combines Trent Reznor's Quake music and old time music from the 1920's in tribute to H.P. Lovecraft. Pretty chilling stuff actually.

Do you know that Sonic Mayhem, aka the composer behind OST of Quake 2 and other games, released a very limited alternative soundtrack to Quake?

Whoa, I never heard of this before! Very interesting, and the samples used in this track are the same as those in a Half-Life track (during the freezer section).