Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

I forgot to mention this, but the ones that were not free on the Play Store probably won't work unless you bought them before.

22 hours ago, Voros said:

I forgot to mention this, but the ones that were not free on the Play Store probably won't work unless you bought them before.

Makes no sense to be honest.

Why would Q Touch work, but not for Q2 Touch and Q3 Touch?

it just seems to me that the app isn't recognizing the pak files, tries to access Beloko's server, Beloko's server is not online and thus fails to download whatever files needed.

beloko said that this site is backup site for people who bought beloko ports on google play before and apks are straightly from google play so you have to owned this ports on google play to makes apks work 

On 7/9/2017 at 7:31 AM, R13 said:

Have you bought, or downloaded it earlier?

On 7/9/2017 at 4:16 PM, Mr. Trotl said:

beloko said that this site is backup site for people who bought beloko ports on google play before and apks are straightly from google play so you have to owned this ports on google play to makes apks work 

Again, why does Q Touch work then? I never bought anything.

Q Touch works, Q Touch 2 and 3 doesn't.

I can't buy them anymore anyway, so what do I do now? I want to play Quake 2 and 3 too on my phone, and the controls on the other ports suck.

if i remember correctly  strife port work too, maybe beloko remove license from them idk. i think beloko need to explain this

6 hours ago, Mr. Trotl said:

if i remember correctly  strife port work too, maybe beloko remove license from them idk. i think beloko need to explain this

Yes those are just copies of the Google apk, some didn't have license check. Will be updating and fixing them after Doom so wait untill then otherwise the source is on github (emileb)  

2 hours ago, beloko said:

Yes those are just copies of the Google apk, some didn't have license check. Will be updating and fixing them after Doom so wait untill then otherwise the source is on github (emileb)  

So we can compile the code for Q Touch 2 and Q Touch 3 and it will work?

https://github.com/emileb?tab=repositories

I can't find it here. I don't even know how to do that anyway.  I wanted to play Q2 and Q3 on my phone really bad but I guess im screwed until you bring everything back to Google store.

Would it be possible to get a Duke Touch and other Build Engine games like Blood and Shadow Warrior? All these 2.5D FPS play pretty decent on touch controls. 3D FPS where you need to aim up and down not so much. I would love to revisit all the classes while im bored out of my mind on public transportation. I could finish them all.

Btw, I have a problem with brightness. The game is too dark and when I raise gamma and brigthness settings nothing happens... what do I do?

OpenGL seems to be affected by this.
If GZDoom, go to Options->Display Options->OpenGL Options->Preferences->Ambient Light and add some more in game light by moving the slider. You can also changing the lighting to "Bright" instead of "Legacy".
If PrBoom+, then go to Options and scroll to the right until you get to the OpenGL specific options. You should find the option for lighting and set it to "GZDoom". This helps a bit.
You can change gamma in Software mode though.

On 2017. 9. 14. at 10:14 AM, qweqioweuo123 said:

Holy fuck!!!

please @beloko work on this duke port too!!

It's already done and gone. Couldn't even see a light, sadly. However don't know if beloko himself or someone else might redo it again as personal porting...

In Doom II map 21 (Nirvana), in the room with the 4 switches, prboom crashes when in open gl mode. If I am in the starting room after opening the door connecting it with the problematic room, then I am careful not to look in the direction of the problematic room so as to avoid crashes (e.g., I walk backwards to a teleporter). If I choose "software" mode it does not crash. There is maybe something weird about this room: this site describes it like this: "If you look back at this room from the top of the staircase, you will notice some weird effects on the ceiling." md5 hash of the IWAD is 25e1459ca71d321525f84628f45ca8cd. Will changing one of these open gl settings make it less prone to crashing? (should be currently on default settings)

# OpenGL settings
gl_compatibility              1
gl_arb_multitexture           1
gl_arb_texture_compression     1
gl_arb_texture_non_power_of_two     1
gl_ext_arb_vertex_buffer_object     1
gl_arb_pixel_buffer_object     1
gl_arb_shader_objects         1
gl_ext_blend_color            1
gl_ext_framebuffer_object     1
gl_ext_packed_depth_stencil     1
gl_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic     1
gl_use_stencil                0
gl_use_display_lists          0
gl_vsync                      0
gl_finish                     0
gl_clear                      0
gl_ztrick                     0
gl_nearclip                   5
gl_colorbuffer_bits          32
gl_depthbuffer_bits          24
gl_texture_filter             5
gl_sprite_filter              1
gl_patch_filter               1
gl_texture_filter_anisotropic     3
gl_tex_format_string      "GL_RGBA"
gl_sprite_offset              0
gl_sprite_blend               0
gl_mask_sprite_threshold     50
gl_skymode                    0
gl_sky_detail                16
gl_use_paletted_texture       0
gl_use_shared_texture_palette     0

edit:

Also, in map 22 ("Catacombs"), it crashes in the starting room and in the southwest corner of the room with the North indicator. It's weird because I played through all of Doom and most of Doom II and never had issues with crashing until now. I'm not sure if it's a problem with prboom or with Doom Touch. The md5 of the iwad matches the version 1.9 release, so it seems the iwad is not corrupted. But there is something about these maps that is causing it to crash in certain places when in opengl mode.

Edited by RJ0081 : also crashes on map 22

On 15/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, lambdaism said:

It's already done and gone. Couldn't even see a light, sadly. However don't know if beloko himself or someone else might redo it again as personal porting...

The port that was released sucked. Duke Touch looks so much better on that video with the same very nice playable layout of buttons and controls of Doom Touch. Even if the HTTK thing got released im sure it would suck compared to Beloko's.

We need this. It's not releaseable because of copyright problems?

I've had problems with glboom crashing on a few maps, in particular areas that seem to be graphic-intensive, (which shares similar symptoms to vanilla hitting a limit and crashing out) but also in some places where the cause wasn't apparent. I messaged beloko a few months ago on this and he said to wait for the new build, see if the problem persists, then fix it from there, which honestly makes sense considering he's in the process of a large update anyway; wouldn't make sense to patch a version soon to be obsolete when the next is already on its way.

We may want to start making a list of wads/maps that crash, along with a screenie of the exact spot/angle (if applicable) and description of how to reproduce the crashes in order to help streamline things for beloko.

Prboom doesn't appear to share these problems, however, so I would wager to guess that it's either a memory thing from rendering in/with gl or something more directly related to the gl portion.

I can't speak for beloko, but yes, being able to know how to make it crash reliably is usually essential for debugging. When the crash occurs most during a complex and hectic scene, when there's a lot going on, there's a lot of possible reasons for the crash. Being able to make it crash on demand allows process of elimination to quickly narrow it down to the exact cause.

Well, it supports demo recording and playback, right? So you can record a crashing demo? Oh, wait, maybe if it crashes the demo file isn't properly saved?

18 minutes ago, VGA said:

Well, it supports demo recording and playback, right? So you can record a crashing demo? Oh, wait, maybe if it crashes the demo file isn't properly saved?

Maybe a demo right before it tends to crash, or, better yet, a savegame - because it's faster to just load it, take a step or two, then --CRASH!--. (Assuming you can create such a thing, of course). It's the turn-around time for the dev that's important:

• Do the prep thing (load the game, or whatever, maybe in debug mode)
  • Do the crash thing (take a step, open a door, turn, whatever)
  • Adjust the code, and recompile
  • Rinse and repeat

Anything that makes those steps fast and reliable is a good thing. Demo files, save files, any user settings, and descriptions of how to make it crash are all good to have.

Does somebody know how to make PrBoom+ render at 640x480?

It's shown as the actual resolution, but renders the game at 320x240 :c

If there is a chance of DTouch getting an update, I would love this!

So there was an update to D-Touch on Amazon Underground yesterday (or today, depending on time zones). Anyone had the time to take a look at it?

21 minutes ago, R13 said:

So there was an update to D-Touch on Amazon Underground yesterday (or today, depending on time zones). Anyone had the time to take a look at it?

It's nothing exciting, it's just removing the in app downloads from my server so I can save bandwidth. In preparation for new release.