Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

On 4/5/2018 at 12:23 AM, beloko said:

Keep playing, you will quickly improve with touchscreen. 

Adding gyro aiming  assist in the future, can make aiming a bit more intuitive:

Totally improving. My first playthrough was sort of dull, but now I've made it through DOOM 1&2 on normal difficulty (except for Thy Flesh Consumed). I'm making a new playlist of episode 1.

Played a level of Retribution, but it lags on my current phone.  The N64 graphics are sweet though!

hey so first thanks for putting this out, i had been using d-touch for a while and im glad android is getting updates again

second i was wondering if i could request a feature for my probably super niche case. i want to use my ablets hdmi out to my tv to watch demo playbacks and i am wondering if it could be possible to add a "play all" option for demos so i can just drop a bunch of .lmp files into the demo folder, press play and have it run through all of them by itself so i dont have to sit on the tablet and change out the demo file every time another one finishes

thanks!

6 hours ago, siteod said:

hey so first thanks for putting this out, i had been using d-touch for a while and im glad android is getting updates again

second i was wondering if i could request a feature for my probably super niche case. i want to use my ablets hdmi out to my tv to watch demo playbacks and i am wondering if it could be possible to add a "play all" option for demos so i can just drop a bunch of .lmp files into the demo folder, press play and have it run through all of them by itself so i dont have to sit on the tablet and change out the demo file every time another one finishes

thanks!

Which engine do you use to play demos, PrBoom? I think it would need to be implemented in the engine ideally, you would pass it a number of demo files and it would cycle through them. 

Yeah I use PRBoom. That is unfortunate, since it seems to be pretty well dead development wise.

Oh well I'll think of something, thanks anyway

Edit: just thought of a second question, if I want to use the sc-55 soundfont package with fluidsynth, can I just rename it fluidsynth.sf2 and replace the one in the snd_fluidsynth folder?

Edited by siteod

Make a feature request for prboom+ : "if a zip that contains several lumps is loaded, then they should be played in alphabetical order one after the other"

So you can have a zip called cc4_demos.zip and it contains map01.lmp, map02.lmp etc

3 hours ago, siteod said:

Yeah I use PRBoom. That is unfortunate, since it seems to be pretty well dead development wise.

Oh well I'll think of something, thanks anyway

Edit: just thought of a second question, if I want to use the sc-55 soundfont package with fluidsynth, can I just rename it fluidsynth.sf2 and replace the one in the snd_fluidsynth folder?

I can look at implementing it in PrBoom itself, it may not be too tricky. Yes just replace it with your sound font. 

I think Delta Touch is a big improvement over ol' D-Touch, but I have a question about Delta Touch's source code, @beloko:

A long time ago, I remember trying to compile D-Touch so I could have a modified version that worked with my game's modified GZDoom source code, but even after getting the SDK and Android Studio then trying to build it, it never worked. Can't remember what error appeared. Another person's D-Touch mod, GZDoom-Android, was built successfully but then the app would stop working every time I tried to start my game.

However, how easy is it to build Delta Touch into an app compared to D-Touch? I'm not doing this to release a free Delta Touch, but rather because I modified things in my GZDoom source code such as certain polyobjects being non-solid, which would all be solid in Delta Touch, breaking a feature of my game, so building my own version of the app intended just to run my game would be a good idea. (I wouldn't know programming language enough to disable all non-GZDoom source ports to make it not be usable as a Delta Touch replacement, though.)

8 hours ago, Xane123 said:

I think Delta Touch is a big improvement over ol' D-Touch, but I have a question about Delta Touch's source code, @beloko:

A long time ago, I remember trying to compile D-Touch so I could have a modified version that worked with my game's modified GZDoom source code, but even after getting the SDK and Android Studio then trying to build it, it never worked. Can't remember what error appeared. Another person's D-Touch mod, GZDoom-Android, was built successfully but then the app would stop working every time I tried to start my game.

However, how easy is it to build Delta Touch into an app compared to D-Touch? I'm not doing this to release a free Delta Touch, but rather because I modified things in my GZDoom source code such as certain polyobjects being non-solid, which would all be solid in Delta Touch, breaking a feature of my game, so building my own version of the app intended just to run my game would be a good idea. (I wouldn't know programming language enough to disable all non-GZDoom source ports to make it not be usable as a Delta Touch replacement, though.)

Yes you just need the android NDK and Android studio, specific versions though, email me and I can help you out. 

Edit. Also happy to accept pull requests on my github, so you can enable/disable your changes in the app with command line switch? 

Edited by beloko

On 4/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, beloko said:

I can look at implementing it in PrBoom itself, it may not be too tricky. Yes just replace it with your sound font. 

Thanks for looking into that for me. If it turns out i should put in a feature request in the prboom thread like vga suggested please let me know

Unrelated but delta touch seems to now fully recognize my ps4 controller running through the sixaxis controller app, so thanks for messing with the gamepad support between d-touch and delta i appreciate it!

On 4/27/2018 at 3:38 AM, beloko said:

Yes you just need the android NDK and Android studio, specific versions though, email me and I can help you out. 

Edit. Also happy to accept pull requests on my github, so you can enable/disable your changes in the app with command line switch? 

That sounds like it'd be the best way to handle it, to make my slight source code modifications then have those only take effect with the command line switch. That'd still let people support you while having support for my game. I guess I should send an e-mail.

Sweet update with the multiplayer launcher! I am still living at a shelter.. Things move slow here, but I've been playing this with touchscreen a lot. The WiFi here can be jankey, but I'm down for a game. IVE NOT PLAYED DOOM MULTIPLAYER. I guess I'm anxious to!!

Delta Touch is the best thing that has ever happened to mobile devices. Thank you so much for making such a wonderful package of Doom source ports for android, Beloko. c:

It may not be officially supported, but this works great on my Nvidia Shield TV.  

This might be a silly question, but how do I skip downloading the 70 megabyte music pack?  It keeps prompting me to do so, and I don't know how to say "No, just keep going, I don't care about music".

On 5/17/2018 at 10:42 PM, AlexMax said:

This might be a silly question, but how do I skip downloading the 70 megabyte music pack?  It keeps prompting me to do so, and I don't know how to say "No, just keep going, I don't care about music".

If you don't want to download it you can create an empty file here:

"Delta/audiopack/snd_timidity/xylophon.pat"

That is what it's looking for to ask if to download or not.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:16 AM, beloko said:

If you don't want to download it you can create an empty file here:

"Delta/audiopack/snd_timidity/xylophon.pat"

That is what it's looking for to ask if to download or not.

Hmm…I think a "do not ask again" option should be added that adds an empty file with that name for people that just play mods that don't use MIDI music.

How is the gyro support going? Found one of those cheap "AR gun controllers" for smartphones, and thought of using it with Doom.

I'm back

Should've asked about this long ago but I hadn't had time for doom for a while: is there a way to force delta to output to an external screen only when playing? I've noticed that it can get pretty dang slow when two screens are on compared to when I'm just playing on my device so I'm guessing there's some significant overhead going on trying to pump out two screens, and I have other game apps that give the option to do external only so i figured i may as well ask.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, siteod said:

I'm back

Should've asked about this long ago but I hadn't had time for doom for a while: is there a way to force delta to output to an external screen only when playing? I've noticed that it can get pretty dang slow when two screens are on compared to when I'm just playing on my device so I'm guessing there's some significant overhead going on trying to pump out two screens, and I have other game apps that give the option to do external only so i figured i may as well ask.

Thanks!

I've not ever heard how to control which screens get output before. Is this for a second display connected to the usb/hdmi port? Which apps allow you to choose? 

22 minutes ago, beloko said:

I've not ever heard how to control which screens get output before. Is this for a second display connected to the usb/hdmi port? Which apps allow you to choose? 

Yeah, a monitor connected through hdmi. Snes ex+ and gba.emu, both by Robert broglia have that under Options -> Video -> External Screen: OS Managed/Game Content

Hey Beloko, i was loving delta touch i decided to get Brutal Doom but for some reason my version of delta touch seems to have issues running Pk3 files. 

4 hours ago, Thedoctor989 said:

Hey Beloko, i was loving delta touch i decided to get Brutal Doom but for some reason my version of delta touch seems to have issues running Pk3 files. 

They should if the original game works. Have you selected a recent version of GZDoom?

it seems like only if i use multiple files at once weird glitches start happening (framerate turns to a halt) (duplicating enemies!)

On 10/1/2018 at 9:20 PM, Thedoctor989 said:

it seems like only if i use multiple files at once weird glitches start happening (framerate turns to a halt) (duplicating enemies!)

Which files are you trying at the same time? Also do they work correctly together on the PC version do you know? 

Brutal doom pk3 and Lazarus mod together MOST of the time doesn't work and when it does the glitches above happen.

also i don't know if they work on pc together.