Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

I see. What about dynamic lights and brightmaps? they don't show up.

Load lights.pk3, going  to put an option to autoload next version. Brightmaps dont work 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

im trying to add the doom psx mod to the list

 

I would like to have it on there along with doom and doom 2

 

it detects the .pk3 and adds it to the list but it adds it as an iwad, it says below -iwad psxdoom3.pk3

 

how do I modify this so it loads doom 2 as the iwad and doompsx.pk3 as a file? but still appear as if it's a separate game so it looks nicer?

 

i hope it makes sense

 

im using this:

 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wdck062y62gcei/PSXDoom+2.135.zip

 

ps: I put the psxdoom.pk3 file in the delta folder and it doesn't find it as a mod on the "mods and wads" menu, so even if i wanted to load it as a doom 2 mod and not a separate slot, i cant

 

ps2: i was actually able to load it by using an argument with -file psxdoom.pk3, but still, I would like to have it on a separate slot, with it's own screenshot because it looks better and you can choose what to play faster

Edited by qweqioweuo123

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

im trying to add the doom psx mod to the list

 

I would like to have it on there along with doom and doom 2

 

it detects the .pk3 and adds it to the list but it adds it as an iwad, it says below -iwad psxdoom3.pk3

... 

Yes I'm going to a system so you can setup 'iwad + mod' sub games which are easier to choose and run. 

Share this post


Link to post

nice

 

right now, it detects .wads and .pk3 files and adds them on the list, which is odd, since you see for example the .pk3 file for the psx doom music on there as if it was clickable to play something.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, qweqioweuo123 said:

nice

 

right now, it detects .wads and .pk3 files and adds them on the list, which is odd, since you see for example the .pk3 file for the psx doom music on there as if it was clickable to play something.

Wait, you have it in the wrong place, all non iwads go into ../Delta/mods/ Then they will appear in the Mod/Wads selector.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, beloko said:

Wait, you have it in the wrong place, all non iwads go into ../Delta/mods/ Then they will appear in the Mod/Wads selector.

that makes sense

 

but still, a list of custom setups for an iwad in order to have a "Doom PSX" in a separate slot etc will be more handy

 

hoiL81iZhe206n3-h62uL8W1BnpOx-n2jAFN3040

 

I mean in there, with the screenshot of the Doom PSX menu background:

 

36810-Doom_%5BU%5D-2-thumb.jpg

 

 

will look nice

Share this post


Link to post

I still can't get dynamic lights to work. I copied my lights.pk3 file from gzdoom on my computer into the delta folder and nothing happens, i also tried putting it into the mods folder and loading the pk3, same thing..

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

I still can't get dynamic lights to work. I copied my lights.pk3 file from gzdoom on my computer into the delta folder and nothing happens, i also tried putting it into the mods folder and loading the pk3, same thing..

 

Latest version loads the lights.pk3 files. The should work.

 

device-2018-03-13-182242.png.40b19920506e47278463fa9b0bb7fd6f.png

device-2018-03-13-182501.png.768fc8719a5b16a44c9ce1179228f536.png

Share this post


Link to post

Just be warned that switching episodes deletes all the previous saved games. It isn't that big of a deal, but it can catch you by surprise.

 

I want to get into netplay. Def looking forward to the future updates, but I'll continue practicing single player for now.

Share this post


Link to post

I want to get Delta Touch for my phone, so I can play Rise of the Wool Ball on my phone. But I don't have any money in my Google play account. Because I have the freedoom app, which I try to play ROTWB here, but it crashed everytime. And I was replying on my phone right now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Apaul27 said:

I want to get Delta Touch for my phone, so I can play Rise of the Wool Ball on my phone. But I don't have any money in my Google play account. Because I have the freedoom app, which I try to play ROTWB here, but it crashed everytime. And I was replying on my phone right now.

Sent you a code, let me know if ROTWB works

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, beloko said:

Sent you a code, let me know if ROTWB works

ROTWB works on Delta Touch. And heck, I can also play Hexertic Fantasy on my phone too. 😃 And I give this app, 5 stars for being the best Doom port on Android ever.

Share this post


Link to post

Beloko is a G. 

 

As robust as Delta Touch is I might never need another DOOM launcher.

 

What if the future brought D Touch a step recorder? I see that a client/server system is in the works.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Luci said:

What if the future brought D Touch a step recorder? I see that a client/server system is in the works.

What do you mean by that?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi @beloko 

I don't have Delta, but i am curious. Before discovering this, i was looking around in the old d-touch sources (nllsvm) and saw that files were hand modified for OGLES. I even thought of building with newer sources but i have no nqtive development experience, so i was thinking of linking it with a translation layer, like glshim or regal.

 

Just out of curiosity, what do you use in this? still the hand modification? Must be a pain in the ass for big updates. Thank you for giving us this.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shanethemechanic said:

Hi @beloko 

I don't have Delta, but i am curious. Before discovering this, i was looking around in the old d-touch sources (nllsvm) and saw that files were hand modified for OGLES. I even thought of building with newer sources but i have no nqtive development experience, so i was thinking of linking it with a translation layer, like glshim or regal.

 

Just out of curiosity, what do you use in this? still the hand modification? Must be a pain in the ass for big updates. Thank you for giving us this.

 

It uses the old render path and GLES1. There is translation layer + some modifications for GLES. The translation layer for the newer version of gzdoom isn't really needed but it improves performance a bit because it collects draw calls together if the GL state doesn't change. Really it's a bit of a mess and you're right is difficult to maintain, ideally I need to sort this out but I'm spending all my time on 'mobile' features to make it easier to play.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, beloko said:

 

It uses the old render path and GLES1. There is translation layer + some modifications for GLES. The translation layer for the newer version of gzdoom isn't really needed but it improves performance a bit because it collects draw calls together if the GL state doesn't change. Really it's a bit of a mess and you're right is difficult to maintain, ideally I need to sort this out but I'm spending all my time on 'mobile' features to make it easier to play.

Thank you sir for undergoing this trouble.

 

Also, could i have a promo code for delta?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2018 at 3:20 PM, Danfun64 said:

What do you mean by that?

 

Sorry for the delay. I saw that there are DOOM videos that actually play the game like a macro so instead of having a several hundred mb video there is just a ~1mb file of instructions recorded from gameplay.  Apparently they were popular in the 90's to record deathmatch and co-op.  

Share this post


Link to post

lmao we call them demos

 

Delta Touch already supports them

Share this post


Link to post

Simply type -record demoname to record demos and -playdemo demoname to play demos in the custom args box in Delta Touch.

 

Demos are highly reliant on the engine working the same, which is where PrBoom+'s complevels come into play. Demos recorded in Chocolate Doom (or vanilla, or any port that can emulate vanilla's behaviors) can be played back in PrBoom+, typically under complevels 3 and 2 for Dooms 1 and 2, respectively. Technically a demo recorded in PrBoom+ under these complevels could play back in Chocolate, but be sure the map itself runs in Chocolate, as Chocolate Doom shares vanilla's limits; PrBoom+ does not. GzDoom and all other zDoom-family ports are more complicated; you must have the exact same version of the program the demo was recorded in to play it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2018 at 2:29 AM, VGA said:

lmao we call them demos

 

Delta Touch already supports them

 

On 3/28/2018 at 3:09 AM, Fonze said:

Simply type -record demoname to record demos and -playdemo demoname to play demos in the custom args box in Delta Touch.

 

Demos are highly reliant on the engine working the same, which is where PrBoom+'s complevels come into play. Demos recorded in Chocolate Doom (or vanilla, or any port that can emulate vanilla's behaviors) can be played back in PrBoom+, typically under complevels 3 and 2 for Dooms 1 and 2, respectively. Technically a demo recorded in PrBoom+ under these complevels could play back in Chocolate, but be sure the map itself runs in Chocolate, as Chocolate Doom shares vanilla's limits; PrBoom+ does not. GzDoom and all other zDoom-family ports are more complicated; you must have the exact same version of the program the demo was recorded in to play it back.

 

Thanks!! Been reading a little about arguments now.. Makes me think the DOOM engine was robust for an early 90's game.

 

Now where I'm still confused is loading a game and recording. ZDoom says to press F1 with a save highlighted to get the filename of the save.. but I don't have F1 in Delta Touch. I'll fish the filename out of the directory and try again.

 

Thanks for the info and the tip about recording lmp's in PRBoom for better compatibility.

 

Edit: The save is named auto1.zds but the console gives me the error that it could not find the save file.

Edited by Luci : Progress

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hm? You don't need to load a savegame to play back a demo. You just need to load a custom wad and the demo file to play. Unless it's not a custom map, then you just play back the demo without loading a wad.

 

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Demo

 

Look for my posts on page 9 for some examples of command lines

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 3:31 AM, VGA said:

Hm? You don't need to load a savegame to play back a demo. You just need to load a custom wad and the demo file to play. Unless it's not a custom map, then you just play back the demo without loading a wad.

 

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Demo

 

Look for my posts on page 9 for some examples of command lines

 

I want to record a demo starting at my last save, but I'm getting an error that the save (autoX.zds) is not found.

 

I see the app is updating as I am writing this post. New features!

Edited by Luci

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I created a save and then did some tests. I got this to work:

 

-loadgame ./gzdoom_3.2/saves/save0

 

You would want to change it to auto0. (I am using the Gzdoom port and I have selected the 3.2.5 version by the way)

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, VGA said:

I created a save and then did some tests. I got this to work:

 

-loadgame ./gzdoom_3.2/saves/save0

 

You would want to change it to auto0. (I am using the Gzdoom port and I have selected the 3.2.5 version by the way)

 

You f'n rock! Now I'm on a roll. I found that the wads are on Steam all 3 games for $15 total. 

 

DOOM II is killing me (literally!) over and over again. Died probably 20 times on The Waste Tunnels and then was introduced to Archvile in COD.

Share this post


Link to post

It's hard on touch controls. Or are you playing with a gamepad?

 

Anyway, I tried Doom 64 Retribution and it works :D It has higher requirements than most mods but it's good. I am not sure how to use its soundfont so for now its music sounds a bit off but I don't really care, I will play it on PC, I just wanted to see how it looks on my tablet heh!

Screenshot_2018-04-05-02-25-17.png

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Luci said:

 

You f'n rock! Now I'm on a roll. I found that the wads are on Steam all 3 games for $15 total. 

 

DOOM II is killing me (literally!) over and over again. Died probably 20 times on The Waste Tunnels and then was introduced to Archvile in COD.

Keep playing, you will quickly improve with touchscreen. 

Adding gyro aiming  assist in the future, can make aiming a bit more intuitive:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, beloko said:

Keep playing, you will quickly improve with touchscreen. 

Adding gyro aiming  assist in the future, can make aiming a bit more intuitive:

 

Yo that is going to be sick. Touch controls alone bring a different dynamic to play already. It is somewhat tactical.. But with the gyro assist... These need to be analyzed somehow with machine learning because this might be the most unique mobile experience period.

 

I read a little about Visdoom and machine learning.

http://vizdoom.cs.put.edu.pl

 

Forsome reason no matter what save I attempt to load from the command line it only loads the last save. -loadgame auto1 or -loadgame auto0 etc... Are all loading the same file.

 

Props to VGA for figuring out the proper arg to load from the correct dir 

-loadgame ./gzdoom_3.2/saves/<filename>

 

EDIT: VGA- playing with touch

Share this post


Link to post

Use manual saves, not autosaves. Then load them with save0 save1 etc

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×