Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

On 7/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

What's JK3 anyway?

Star Wars Jedi Knight (3) Jedi Academy.

There's nothing to fix here really. PK3 do load.

I'll have to try out that PK3, see what problems you keep running into.

12 hours ago, Voros said:

There's nothing to fix here really. PK3 do load.

I'll have to try out that PK3, see what problems you keep running into.

but it's not only the SBrightskins.pk3 one, the lights.pk3 one also didn't load and I tried changing the name with _dt at the end too.

Well in the log they load, but they don't show up in the game.

BTW it would be really nice if we could see error messages on D-Touch. Most of the time, GZDoom just quits upon loading actors and the log file has no info whatsoever.

Would be nice if it wasn't like that. I want to see why execution could not continue.

5 hours ago, Voros said:

BTW it would be really nice if we could see error messages on D-Touch. Most of the time, GZDoom just quits upon loading actors and the log file has no info whatsoever.

Would be nice if it wasn't like that. I want to see why execution could not continue.

New version will keep a log each time the engine is run which can be viewed in the app afterwards.

I'm saying the log doesn't show that error message when something causes GZDoom to fail executing. That error ks the most important thing and you can't even see it.

Hey, how are people getting brightmaps on their phones? I tried in my moto x play, and it doesnt show D4T's brightmaps (they do work in pc gzdoom 1.8.6 and zandronum 3.0); i tried on a "galaxy note 4" and no brightmaps either; are these phones too old? A friend of mine that got a galaxy s8 said no brightmaps there either. Is there a magic trick to get them working?

Now, about Delta touch, is there a way you (Beloko) could add some way of easy executing a config? For example, between several mods i've done, i have specific keys added, like in D4T there's keys for throwing grenade, melee, swich weapon mod, so I configured the extra keys in dtouch to use these. However, in another mod, Doomstorm, I have different new keybindings, like "leash", "thumper", "slide" and things like that. Currently, i have to rebind them to the custom keys every time i switch a mod. 

It'd be nice if there was another tab when launching a game, where it allows you to execute configuration files, akin to what "exec" command does. I suppose I can call that command in the console, but that requires typing the right name, figuring out in which folder to put the files and all that. If there was an built-in way of selecting a config file when you're launching, that'd be fantastic.

@beloko

Is there any chance of having one apk bundled with native libraries for x86 CPUs? If not so, how much performance does that Tesco Hudl 2 offer for both PrBoom-Plus (software rendering) and Chocolate Doom, just by curiosity?

2 hours ago, Litrivin said:

@beloko

Is there any chance of having one apk bundled with native libraries for x86 CPUs? If not so, how much performance does that Tesco Hudl 2 offer for both PrBoom-Plus (software rendering) and Chocolate Doom, just by curiosity?

Yes new version will have x86 binaries. The Hudl 2 is one of my test machines :)

Good to know then.

By the way, is there any specific reason why the current bundled PrBoom-Plus won´t support properly (level names, music selecion, level progression...) the official NRFTL episode? Supposedly, PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4 does support it.

14 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

@beloko Will the command -glversion 2 work? I barely doubt it 3.0 will run smoothly on phones

Yes it runs in GL2 mode.

İ have the latest version of DoomTouch (4.2.0) and it still can run wads/mods. You need to add an mods/wads Folder. 

@beloko can you look at my problem?

why lights.pk3 and the brightmaps.pk4 files don't show up?

I just cant get any lights on the game and dynamic lights is enable and according to the log the pk3 loads with no errors, yet there are no lights ingame... wtf man im going insane with this.

8 hours ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

@beloko can you look at my problem?

why lights.pk3 and the brightmaps.pk4 files don't show up?

I just cant get any lights on the game and dynamic lights is enable and according to the log the pk3 loads with no errors, yet there are no lights ingame... wtf man im going insane with this.

Honestly I don't know, I don't even have the build environment for the old version anymore. This guy  is using my old code to build GZDoom for Android he may be able to help: https://github.com/nvllsvm/GZDoom-Android

Otherwise you will need to wait until I finish the updated version I'm working on and I can take a look then.

On 19/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, beloko said:

Honestly I don't know, I don't even have the build environment for the old version anymore. This guy  is using my old code to build GZDoom for Android he may be able to help: https://github.com/nvllsvm/GZDoom-Android

Otherwise you will need to wait until I finish the updated version I'm working on and I can take a look then.

Well I guess I will just wait.

Are you still working on Q-Touch too? I would like to see how it plays on my new phone. I tried to run QI4A but it doesn't load the .pak files and they are original so I dont know.. so I wanted to see if Q-Touch works and hopefully it is as responsive in controls as D-Touch

Did you ever upload Q-Touch somewhere or I have to buy it from Amazon?

Q Touch still has some issues with mods, for an example  Rygel's Texture pack doesnt work on Q Touch's DP, but works on Fte

5 minutes ago, DoodGuy said:

Q Touch still has some issues with mods, for an example  Rygel's Texture pack doesnt work on Q Touch's DP, but works on Fte

Can you run QI4A?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.Q4A

I don't get it, I can't run it because it doesn't detect my .pak files, and they are from my original Quake 1 CD. Unless they became corrupted or something, I don't understand why it wouldn't load. Can you test it out? I did put my files in the qi4a/id1 folder but it wouldn't load..

19 minutes ago, qweqioweuo123 said:

Can you run QI4A?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.Q4A

I don't get it, I can't run it because it doesn't detect my .pak files, and they are from my original Quake 1 CD. Unless they became corrupted or something, I don't understand why it wouldn't load. Can you test it out? I did put my files in the qi4a/id1 folder but it wouldn't load..

QI4A does not work on Android 5+ because Google broke *printf. Yes I will be updating the Quake games after Doom.

On 22/8/2017 at 4:17 PM, beloko said:

QI4A does not work on Android 5+ because Google broke *printf. Yes I will be updating the Quake games after Doom.

Oh well.

Can you upload the Q-touch apk just like you did with D-touch? I will buy both once they are on Google Play, I just don't want to buy it off Amazon tbh. Also I want to test how it works on my phone (and hopefully the pak files are recognized)

Beloko, are you aware that the author of Lazarus (a rather bad Doom 4 mod) has a apk of DTouch in its download? Its wrong for him to post it like that and you dont get any profit from your hard work

The apks are freely available at this link and not to mention that beloko shared a Google Drive link with D-Touch a few pages back.

I'm not sure if he makes much profit though.

2 hours ago, Voros said:

The apks are freely available at this link and not to mention that beloko shared a Google Drive link with D-Touch a few pages back.

Well, I'm still using an old port of D-touch. But I am waiting for Delta Touch to arrive.

On 1/9/2017 at 1:56 AM, Voros said:

Quake 2 and Quake 3 touch don't work. They ask you to download something, but that something doesn't work.

I tried putting all the pk3 on the folder so it doesn't have to download anything, it still asks for it to download and it doesnt work. q3 says:

Bad accessing server: Bad file name: q3_extra_pk3.zip

@beloko any help??

Edited by qweqioweuo123