What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

On 7/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

What's JK3 anyway?

Star Wars Jedi Knight (3) Jedi Academy.

There's nothing to fix here really. PK3 do load.

I'll have to try out that PK3, see what problems you keep running into.

12 hours ago, Voros said:

There's nothing to fix here really. PK3 do load.

I'll have to try out that PK3, see what problems you keep running into.

but it's not only the SBrightskins.pk3 one, the lights.pk3 one also didn't load and I tried changing the name with _dt at the end too.

Well in the log they load, but they don't show up in the game.

On 13/8/2017 at 11:45 PM, Voros said:

That probably means the lights are disabled in-game.

Dynamic lights are ON.

I don't have a clue anymore. I'll just have to check out the mod later on.

BTW it would be really nice if we could see error messages on D-Touch. Most of the time, GZDoom just quits upon loading actors and the log file has no info whatsoever.

Would be nice if it wasn't like that. I want to see why execution could not continue.

Download the Windows version of GZDoom 1.8.6 to get the missing brightmaps.pk3 & lights.pk3 files, put them in the FULL folder and edit the ini file to autoload them.

https://zdoom.org/files/gzdoom/

[Global.Autoload]
Path=lights.pk3
Path=brightmaps.pk3

5 hours ago, Voros said:

BTW it would be really nice if we could see error messages on D-Touch. Most of the time, GZDoom just quits upon loading actors and the log file has no info whatsoever.

Would be nice if it wasn't like that. I want to see why execution could not continue.

New version will keep a log each time the engine is run which can be viewed in the app afterwards.

I'm saying the log doesn't show that error message when something causes GZDoom to fail executing. That error ks the most important thing and you can't even see it.

Hey, how are people getting brightmaps on their phones? I tried in my moto x play, and it doesnt show D4T's brightmaps (they do work in pc gzdoom 1.8.6 and zandronum 3.0); i tried on a "galaxy note 4" and no brightmaps either; are these phones too old? A friend of mine that got a galaxy s8 said no brightmaps there either. Is there a magic trick to get them working?

Now, about Delta touch, is there a way you (Beloko) could add some way of easy executing a config? For example, between several mods i've done, i have specific keys added, like in D4T there's keys for throwing grenade, melee, swich weapon mod, so I configured the extra keys in dtouch to use these. However, in another mod, Doomstorm, I have different new keybindings, like "leash", "thumper", "slide" and things like that. Currently, i have to rebind them to the custom keys every time i switch a mod. 

It'd be nice if there was another tab when launching a game, where it allows you to execute configuration files, akin to what "exec" command does. I suppose I can call that command in the console, but that requires typing the right name, figuring out in which folder to put the files and all that. If there was an built-in way of selecting a config file when you're launching, that'd be fantastic.

2 people like this

@beloko

Is there any chance of having one apk bundled with native libraries for x86 CPUs? If not so, how much performance does that Tesco Hudl 2 offer for both PrBoom-Plus (software rendering) and Chocolate Doom, just by curiosity?

2 hours ago, Litrivin said:

@beloko

Is there any chance of having one apk bundled with native libraries for x86 CPUs? If not so, how much performance does that Tesco Hudl 2 offer for both PrBoom-Plus (software rendering) and Chocolate Doom, just by curiosity?

Yes new version will have x86 binaries. The Hudl 2 is one of my test machines :)

Good to know then.

By the way, is there any specific reason why the current bundled PrBoom-Plus won´t support properly (level names, music selecion, level progression...) the official NRFTL episode? Supposedly, PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4 does support it.

@beloko Will the command -glversion 2 work? I barely doubt it 3.0 will run smoothly on phones

14 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

@beloko Will the command -glversion 2 work? I barely doubt it 3.0 will run smoothly on phones

Yes it runs in GL2 mode.