Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDickBzzrak

Low Memory -- semi-trollmap for vanilla UDoom [maybe works now?]

So... I'd like to celebrate my birthday with a new release.

tl;dr -- this is BAD.

I've spent a month on this. Seriously.
It's something like cyberspace, but it's not really anything in fact. This is the closest thing to a trollmap a map can be without actually being a trollmap.

Playtested only without monsters. Brutal vanilla hacks which cause FAT slimetrails and might break. Intended for savescumming. "Sissy mode" implemented. Yeah, you heard that right.
Play on HMP only; read the textfile.
I wanted to crash the game in the end of the level, but I couldn't really get the behaviour I have intended, so I gave it up. Another idea I had was an optional Terry-trap, but I'll save that one for the future.
No screenshots, because I care about your sanity AND I don't wanna boot it up again. Really not my best piece of work.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/j-l/lowmem

Edited by bzzrak : forgot to update the OP here to include the link to the latest version

NecrumWarrior said:

When I try to play it in Chocolate Doom 2.3.0, I get an error:
R_FlatNumForName: FLOOR6_9

It's a feature?

Zakurum said:

It's a feature?

That is a possible considering it's a joke wad. It loads fine in QZDoom though. I didn't play it for long lol. God damn the crusher trolling is heavy.

Uhm... at first, happy birthday dude!
At second, i've downloaded a take a look to this thing...
I just hope this doesn't goes to the Terry route, son...

*HIDES IN SHAME*
Gah, I've included a load of textures while making it and I didn't end up using many of them (and I forgot which ones I had actually used), so removing them absolutely trashed the already trashy map. Give me a minute. Yay, I'm the best at doing this.

EDIT: please tell me it works now... same link, hopefully.

REALLY sorry to bump something that shouldn't be bumped, but the textures in the /idgames version are broken, I've uploaded an updated version. Also updated the OP... sorry sorry sorry.

P.S. @40oz if you're somehow reading this, try shooting/punching the switch.

edit: hahaha Ichor, nice idea.

Edited by bzzrak

If this is intended for vanilla, try using the map 6 key doortrack glitch for the exit switch. That's the one where if you try to open the doortracks of the door with the hell knights behind it, it will crash the game.