Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Switcheroom: The Forgotten Maps

Hello everybody, it's been quite some time since I did anything relating to this project, but I'm finally able to go back and deal with some forgotten aspects of Switcheroom. What I have compiled here is all of the rejected maps from the project, not the maps that prevented Switcheroom from being uploaded to the archive, but the maps that were rejected during development by Death Egg & myself for various different reasons. I was supposed to compile these maps & release them shortly after the main project was completed, but I handed the project off to Magnusblitz for it's post IDgames reject period & he never dealt with these maps.

These forgotten maps aren't quite ready to be released, I need some help from someone familiar with ZDoom as I have absolutely no knowledge of the advanced editing features of that port. Since this is just a mishmash of maps in various episode styles I would like to make it so that this is just one long 17 map episode. Also there are several boss maps that don't appear on boss levels so I would need help with getting those maps to work properly. There are a few other things that need to be done to this project before it is release ready, but I will be able to take care of those aspects myself.

Switcheroom Forgotten Maps

E1M1: E4M1 in E1 style [Traversd] -Death Egg Rejected this map in favor of Doomkid's E3M1 in E1 style map
E1M2: E3M1 in E1 style [Doomkid] -I rejected this map in favor of traversd's E3M1 in E1 style map
E1M3: E3M1 in E1 style [Megalyth] -Not an official submission, Megalyth's attempt to improve upon Doomkid's E3M1 in E1 style map
E1M4: E4M2 in E1 style [Gothic] -Not an official submission, Gothics attempt to replace Walter Confalonieri's E4M2 in E1 style map
E1M5: E4M2 in E1 style [Walter Confalonieri] -After I made a number of edits to this map I decided to ultimately reject it due to it not resembling E4M2
E1M6: E4M6 in E1 style [Death Egg] -Death Egg Rejected his map when traversd made an improved take on it
E1M7: E2M8 in E1 style [Traversd] -Removed at request of map author when he made an alternate version of the map
E1M8: E2M8 in E1 style [Scypek2] -After I made a number of edits to this map I decided to ultimately reject it in favor of traversd's E2M8 in E1 style map
E1M9: E2M9 in E1 style [Death Egg] -Death Egg Rejected his map when traversd made an improved take on it
E2M1: E3M9 in E2 style [Doomkid & Jaws In Space] -Rejected when I removed Doomkid's E3M1 in E1 style map as it was the base for this map
E2M2: E3M9 in E2 style [Doomkid & Capellan] -Rejected when I removed Doomkid's E3M1 in E1 style map as it was the base for this map
E2M3: E1M4 in E3 style [Flamen0d] -Rejected because it would have taken me longer to make this map vanilla compatible than it would for me to make a new version from scratch.
E2M4: E4M8 in E3 style [C30N9] -Rejected because it hardly resembles E4M8
E2M5: E3M2 in E4 style [Magnusblitz] -Rejected because it hardly resembles E3M2
E2M6: E3M5 in E4 style [Joseph Lord] -Rejected because it would have taken me longer to make this map vanilla compatible than it would for me to make a new version from scratch.
E2M7: E2M5 in E4 style [Zinkai] -Accidentally made E2M5 in E4 style instead of the needed E4M5 in E2 style
E2M8: E3M8 in E4 style [BloodyAcid] -Accidentally made E3M8 in E4 style instead of the needed E4M8 in E3 style

Since I'm not sure if these maps are online anywhere else, I'll just post my 2 maps that were rejected by Ty Halderman & weren't edited to make it back into the wad.

Jaws maps

E1M1: E4M5 in E2 style [Jaws In Space]
E1M2: E4M9 in E3 style [Jaws In Space]

Thank you for this! I though my map would be lost forever since I made it before I got my Mediafire account and the old link I posted expired.

Oooh, awesome! Glad to see the half of the maps i did won't be lost completely. I'm experienced at MAPINFO so if you haven't found anyone yet I could do it, just PM me what you need.

E2M8: E3M8 in E4 style [BloodyAcid] -Accidentally made E3M8 in E4 style instead of the needed E4M8 in E3 style

Whoops.

I'm about to start making the intermission graphics. I've decided to embrace the silly combined names. Any objections?

E1M1    Hellgar
E1M2    Nuclear Keep
E1M3    Hell Plant
E1M4    Command Hatred
E1M5    Perfect Control
E1M6    Against Thee Processing Too
E1M7    Babel Anomaly
E1M8    Babel Anomaly Too
E1M9    Military Fortress
E2M1    Deimos Warrens
E2M2    Warrens Anomaly
E2M3    House Of Control
E2M4    Unto The Dis
E2M5    Slough Of Hatred
E2M6    They Will Cathedral
E2M7    Command Will Repent
E2M8    Dis The Cruel

Ooh, are you guys planning another one soon? I certaintly hope so, I really fell in love with the concept when I first heard of it a while back. If not, I suppose I could try a single map my self... :[

Switcheroom 2 is being lead by Scifista42. It's nearly completed, but it's been in a development hell for many many months now.

Spotted some errors, if you care to fix them (not sure if you're doing fixes, or just releasing the old maps, warts and all)

• E2M7: several inaccessible secret sectors (11, 42, 316-319 not to mention many others which are redundant)
  • E2M7: an imp in void space (thing 234)
  • E2M8: (minor) a torch is missing from one of the pillars behind the start (sector 29)
  • text file: typo: CRETIDS (presumably CREDITS)
  • Also "styly" I think is usually spelled "stylee", and might even have an accent on the first e?