Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

DoomWorld Email

The other day my dad told me to do an email domain thingy for ModelsUnlimited (it's in development). Well, I decided to make one for DW. Here's all the stuff...

The URL is http://doomworld.zzn.com

It's easy to make a new account (took me about a minute to do the thing. It's free.)

You get a calender, up to 3mb in your index, and basically most of the stuff in normal email account thingies.

Your email account will be like this,
user@doomworld.zzn.com

Correction: I think it might be a good idea - depends on how well the accounts work

Prett cool, I already registered, but one thing.. Why are the fontcolor and the backgroundcolor almost the same? It makes it really dificult to read..

Linguica said:

no

meh. i fiddle with it. i wont use your website resources.

Prett cool, I already registered, but one thing.. Why are the fontcolor and the backgroundcolor almost the same? It makes it really dificult to read..

Should be fine now.

Registered User Count: 5

Use3D said:

Is it just me or did Ling sound kinda pissed?

i think he said no for doing the looks for the email service. dsm talked to him about it and he wasnt pissed.

Sounds alright, I just use yahoo for email. Not my ISP. (I hate Outlook). I might give it a shot.

RailGunner said:

i think he said no for doing the looks for the email service. dsm talked to him about it and he wasnt pissed.

i would be pissed if i had to post hell four of your stupid threads the day before, so maybe he is.

Hmm...maybe I should register. I have a hotmail account, but thats only for personal e-mail. I used to use hotmail for other stuff, but when my account decided to die, I pleged to never open another hotmail account. Now I make a new yahoo account every time I need to submit my adress somewhere. They always die out before I have a second chance to use them.

the_Danarchist said:

Hmm...maybe I should register. I have a hotmail account, but thats only for personal e-mail. I used to use hotmail for other stuff, but when my account decided to die, I pleged to never open another hotmail account. Now I make a new yahoo account every time I need to submit my adress somewhere. They always die out before I have a second chance to use them.

How about checking them every 20 days or so? Can't be that hard. ^_^

Zaldron said:

How about checking them every 20 days or so? Can't be that hard. ^_^

Nah, I can't be arsed. It's enough of a bother just checking my personal e-mail account often enough to keep it alive. Heh.

Actualy, its more of a problem with remembering to do it. I only do it when I get a reminder. Like now.

/me rushes off to hotmail

I've been using a couple zzn acounts for a long time... it's fine if you don't have a personal domain and want your name or nick on your email, like name@surname.zzn.com.

Railgunner: In case you were the one who altered the look of the site, I suggest that you change the font colour to something readable, like white.

Those of us with real @doomworld.com email accounts need not apply :-)

cph said:

Those of us with real @doomworld.com email accounts need not apply :-)

Those who don't need a new email account need not either :P

DW gives you a @doomworld.com if you are a mod or something so why are you making your own? Just get to mod status and you can have one.

dsm said:

Railgunner: In case you were the one who altered the look of the site, I suggest that you change the font colour to something readable, like white.

I made a brighter blue, like the menu text. later today, im going to make some decorations to the front page.

lithium` said:

DW gives you a @doomworld.com if you are a mod or something so why are you making your own? Just get to mod status and you can have one.

Both those statements are untrue.

But don't let that stop you emailing me at pritch@doomworld.com :P

pritch said:

Both those statements are untrue.

But don't let that stop you emailing me at pritch@doomworld.com :P

And if you still want one just sign up for the emailing service i made via zzn!

(user@doomworld.zzn.com)
C'mon, a "zzn" in the middle doesnt hurt.

Uhh, my new mail adress (dsm@doomworld.znn.com) doesn't work for one reason or another - I tried sending myself a mail using my "regular" mail adress and it didn't work!

dsm said:

Uhh, my new mail adress (dsm@doomworld.znn.com) doesn't work for one reason or another - I tried sending myself a mail using my "regular" mail adress and it didn't work!

yes it does. i was able to get mail from cjb.net. and i sent a few emails with it.

EDIT: Dsm told me that it was a hotmail problem. The email thingy works.

Use3D said:

Is it just me or did Ling sound kinda pissed?

It's probably because the idea of doomworld.zzn.com is totally retarded.

boris said:

It's probably because the idea of doomworld.zzn.com is totally retarded.

NO KIDDING!"?!`$!???

Fredrik said:

NO KIDDING!"?!`$!???

Some people here seem to this that the idea is good...