Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ferk

Freedoom guy's breathing mask

Am I the only one that finds a bit annoying the breathing mask that the Freedoom guy has in the title screen?
Imho, it looks cooler without it. And it doesn't correspond to how it looks in game

If it really needs visible breathing orifices, maybe something more discrete would be better.

^ whoa. The last one looks pretty neat. Have you checked in game? If it works, propose adding it to Freedoom via pull request.

Edit: the old one does look like like something like out of Star Wars, more specifically "Ren". Never liked it.

This and [url=http://imgur.com/W0BoK8s.gif]this[/url] appear to be identical..? (or at least I cannot discern any differences)

[Edit] Upon very close inspection at 600% magnification, there's a single column of pixels that is different. I admit it kind of gives a better look of the breather part.

What are trying to point out?

edit: the reason is that chungy merged it into Freedoom, that's why :D

Yes, I submitted it to Github and it got merged, I should have said it here.

Hmm.. did you really find a difference?

Maybe I submitted a slightly differently retouched version than the one I uploaded in imgur.

Do you really think the one posted here is an improvement in any way over the one in Github?

Edited by Ferk

On 15.03.2017 at 8:57 PM, Ferk said:

Hmm.. did you really find a difference?

Maybe I submitted a slightly differently retouched version than the one I uploaded in imgur.

Do you really think the one posted here is an improvement in any way over the one in Github?

Hey, sorry for the belated reply. There's indeed a slight difference which becomes more apparent if you upscale the image to 640x480:

RB0UiW7.png 870bBbC.png

In the imgur pic (the second one here), the left-side part of the breather (which is to the right for the viewer) is a bit more articulated IMO. It's not like this is a very big difference though.