Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
crusty_charlie

Little sketch of my idea of a FreeDoom Archvile.

I made a crappy sketch of a small idea I had for FreeDoom's Archvile. I would make sprites, however, I have none such talent in that field.
Sorry for the crappy hand writing. I wanted sort of an Eldritch Horror look to it give I always imagined the archviles behaving as such.
Brief details:
-Somewhat masochistic, laughing every time it is shot at.
-Rather than fire, tendrils of green electricity engulf the player.
-During it's electric attack, it's eyes become red.
-When resurrecting enemies, it's eyes become blue.
-The black strings hanging off were bits of skin peeled off due to age.
-When alerted, a reversed voice says, "Fresh meat"
-When killed, it's right arm breaks off as it becomes a pile of bones.Eyes both fall out
-Also shrieks like a banshee when killed.
-Very tall, has a very hunched over stature, hands nearly hanging over it's feet.

I'm actually unsure what you're going for there with the green bits; are those eyes? If so, that's too cartoony and goofy. Unless they're kinda, I dunno, growths?

Please excuse this terrible (especially the hands, I literally just got a new WACOM this week and I don't generally paint digitally - it shows) demonstration of shoulder growths:

Something like this? No head and just a floating torso are kinda creepy, yeah?

@Jayextee: I don't think that was the intention at all, but I love your interpretation.

But I imagine the attack frames would be kind of hard to do. Standing on one hand and striking with the other?

> Archvile
> striking attack

For serious, I didn't put much thought into it. Perhaps place itself on both hands and force a 'glare' at its target whilst green flames/magic/whatever do their thing?

Forgive me, I think all those bones put a revenant in my head.

I still like the idea of that one hand strike though, I just think it would be hard to do.

I'm really appreciating the feedback here!

Jayextee said:

Unless they're kinda, I dunno, growths?

Yes, those were eyes, yet you make a good point. I like the shoulder growths idea you've got going on, maybe when killed one or both growths could pop while gushing out with acid,goop,blood, or something along those lines that spills on to the rest of it's body. That would make a gruesome death!

lunkypunk said:

the attack frames would be kind of hard to do. Standing on one hand and striking with the other?

I never knew how he would attack, maybe it could raise an arm and the growths (I plan to add growths to it's arms and other bits too.) could light up a certain color while pulsating as electricity runs up it's arm? I'll try to draw luckypunk's idea in action though. Same for Jayextee. I'll get back to here in a while with more drawings of this little guy.