Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know people have probably posted about this already and I am sorry if I am not posting in that thread but I did not see it (if it exists). I was a little undecided about the new Forum software at first. But it is really starting to grow on me. I really like the fact you can change your Username if you want to (and your avatar). The old Forum had a lot less options. 

Anyways, Thank You to whoever updated the Forum software. It is a definitely a step in the right direction :D. 

IMP? You changed your username? And this is what you're going with? Haha ok well you have plenty of additional tries to get it right. It's ok, we'll be patient.

I like how it looks on my phone, but I wish I could adjust the forum's font-size on my desktop (without using Ctrl + mouse scroll-wheel).

2 minutes ago, TheCupboard said:

IMP? You changed your username? And this is what you're going with? Haha ok well you have plenty of additional tries to get it right. It's ok, we'll be patient.

I have always been a fan of Zero.  Plus the name Imp was kind of bland. 

BUT YOU WERE THE ORIGINAL. THE ORIGINAL "IMP". literally named one of the most famous doom monsters, ranked 1st place with 3 others: baron of hell, cyberdemon, and cacodemon. easily. but it's ok. we'll allow you to align with this new idenitity. without the custom title though, (as a source of continuity), I'd have no god damn clue who this was. <3 you regardless

3 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

I wish I could adjust the forum's font-size on my desktop (without using Ctrl + mouse scroll-wheel).

My thoughts exactly.

Where are Blogs?

EDIT: This seems like a HUGE update to the site. I am only just seeing the new forum for the first time but I am liking all the new changes and upgrades!

3 minutes ago, mason1729 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Indeed. I zoomed out to 75% and the text size is more like how I'm used to. There are webpage margins now, however.

Yeah looks like zoomed in like a lens but it doesn't affect me that much.

What I do like a lot is that I can still feel the doomworld scent on this, like I know I'm not searching any other doom forum

I am so fucking glad I was in the middle of drugs the exact second this change happened. As always I reserve all judgements until a much later point. But the change-over was too magical. <3 to all logged in Doomers and trolls

15 minutes ago, TheCupboard said:

BUT YOU WERE THE ORIGINAL. THE ORIGINAL "IMP". literally named one of the most famous doom monsters, ranked 1st place with 3 others: baron of hell, cyberdemon, and cacodemon. easily. but it's ok. we'll allow you to align with this new idenitity. without the custom title though, (as a source of continuity), I'd have no god damn clue who this was. <3 you regardless

The custom title works for Zero as well when you think about it. He does weld the Z-Sabre. 

Only two things I miss in new forum software is "post hell" and smaller letters. I like modern design already. 

The design matters little to me honestly, It's functional and that's what matters to me. Ling's working on it. It's crazy to think it's Doomworlds 19th bday.

One of the things that bothers me though is the fact my name shows up as:

NightmareZe
r0 

on my screen. I don't know if it looks like that to everyone else. I wish it was all one word.

1 minute ago, MrGlide said:

On mine its,

Nightmare

Zero.

I tried making my font smaller to see if it would correct the problem. Still displays like that on my screen :( 

Hah, there's no chance my name takes up two lines anymore. Because I just removed a three-letter article from my user name. I've never felt so properly encumbered as I do right now

The larger fonts mean less post visible on the screen at once - not so keen on that. Wraparound on long names is a problem.

I've been unable to use the search function for finding wads - there's a message about indexing so maybe it's not functional yet.

I'm sure these teething problems will be worked out in time.

Well, this'll take some getting used to.

I'm kinda digging the larger font size, though, in all honesty.

I'm a member of another forum that uses Invision so im used to all the new updates, suprised this forum got updated at all to be honest seeing as the old version was used for forever.

Whoa. I'm gonna have to learn how to use the forums again! Also, just found out "Followers", whatever that does.

But hey, I can still visit the old forums from time to time, right?

1 hour ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Only two things I miss in new forum software is "post hell" and smaller letters. I like modern design already. 

No post hell :(

Fucking hell, the old Doomworld site just vanished. 

RIP

seems I have these "followers", two of which are banned users. What's up with that?

I'm intimidated by new things.

What I really want is a nice reliable "New Post" system. I think I found something similar, but not sure if there are better options.

So after browsing around for a while, my only gripes are the font size and the name wrapping, literally everything else seems great as far as I can tell. Naturally little things like this are gonna pop up when transitioning software

Is there a way to restore the 5 minute time frame for editing a post? Now it says "Edited X minutes ago" at any point after the original post is made. Which is pretty annoying, to be honest. I liked having a few extra minutes to iron out the typo errors, like it used to allow previously. Because I'm borderline retarded when it comes to proofreading what I write.

Woah! new forum we have, thats a nice change. looks like i need to learn this forum again. But im glad we made change, forum looks nice.