Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you want to post a status update, go to your profile page, and right under the 'activity' tab, click on the quote next to your avatar that says, "Write a public message on your own feed".

Dunno if its just my settings or whatever, but the amount of dead space in these posts does my head in.

Any way to make what people are saying bigger and everything else smaller?

yzo5btknnpncxcd6g.jpg

Is there no longer a minimum post count for uploading a custom avatar?  I've noticed people with fewer than 50 posts doing so.

7 minutes ago, mouldy said:

Dunno if its just my settings or whatever, but the amount of dead space in these posts does my head in.

Any way to make what people are saying bigger and everything else smaller?

yzo5btknnpncxcd6g.jpg

It isn't just you. This forum looks incredibly wasteful and I really cannot say I like it. It may be modern and flashy and certainly has some 'modern' features like the 'like it' button, but it throws all user friendliness of a simple forum display out of the window.

The layout needs serious work - compared with the old layout or phpBB based forums like ZDoom I feel like looking through a magnifying glass - the content on screen is probably only half of what could be.

But what's most aggravating are the excessive notification options, which of course are all set to 'most annoying' by default.

Looks like I should upload a bigger avatar now. And please return Post Hell.

I'm asking another thing, since i'm here... How about a better searching mode like in the early version on idgames (searching by name / author / filename or date)? Also bringing back the random file option could be nice....

Only question I have is if this new forum will also automatically mark all threads as read an hour after I've visited the page, regardless of whether or not I actually read them.

Because that was reaaaaaally annoying on the old forums.

This is definitely going to take some getting used to, but I like the smoothness of the new forum. I'm sure it will be very nice once all the kinks are worked out.

So far, I think I agree with the sentiment that the actual forum posts are too fluffy. In general there seems to be too much padding between elements on the page, yet the page content itself is condensed to be right down the center. Somehow I feel like I'm looking at the page in "zoomed-in" mode, which does strain my eyes a little. It probably will take some getting used to.

With that said, I really am loving the new feel of the place. Everything feels much more connected into a new Doomworld ecosystem. I'm hoping to see the "downloads" section even more emphasized as a front page community showcase as things move on. It's really cool to see screenshots on certain downloads now too. I'd love to be able to look at what maps a user has uploaded or reviewed just by looking at their profile, too. It would be awesome for an individual's body of work to be linked right to their profile, as well as their "taste" in doom wads :D

One thing I think would be cool would be for the status bar at the top of the page to be able to peak into view even when I've scrolled to the bottom. Maybe it could "follow" you for a moment and then hide if you don't use it for a few seconds, popping back into view when you mouse over again. That way I could access my notifications or profile even while typing a reply near the bottom of a thread.

Anyways, great stuff. Thanks again Ling for keeping this place going.

HEY YOU CAN WRITE THESE LETTERS MUCH MORE QUICKLY NOW!

OHMEGEWD

SHITZALOOZA

I AM LIKING THIS A LOT

AND THIS LOOKS IMMENSLY COOL AS WELL

Cooler stuff aside, I am wondering about hidden features and secrets of the new look. So far im lovin' it.

And since I primarily use my tablet for all web browsing (including this site!) I can zoom in and out with remarkable ease.

To be honest, when I entered this site, I thought I wound up at some clone site with diffrent scripting and whatever (like a brother site or whatever). Can someone point me to the page which explains the changes and stuff, I would like to take a peek.

Humm, i didn't liked this new DW.. at all. Personally, i think the only place that really needed some work was the idgames interface.

This change was necessary? I mean, it was code, server related or something.. or just to look like every other site 2017?

I wonder if users now can (or, at least, allowed to) attach files in all sub-forums. This'll be kinda a nice touch since uploading all these FDA's I post here once in a century to a random filehost service was getting a little bit annoying. Also test post and stuff.

CSKBO116m23s.zip

I see there's Google Analytics in the list of stuff that wants to get loaded and run JavaScript. It's funny how long names get cut off by the layout. Lots of little unicode things that don't display for whatever reason.

I'm probably going to turn off pic uploads because I can already see what is gonna happen

• User uploads 5 megabytes (or whatever the ultimate limit is) of dumb shit
  • User hits the limit
  • "WAHHH CHANGE IT CHANGE IT I AM ENTITLED TO UNLIMITED STORAGE"

Nearly had a heart attack, I was on just this morning and it was the original layout. I like it but it'll take getting used to after ten years of no change.

Question, is it possible to do a name change, but if you didn't like the name change later on, possible to revert back to the old username?

Saying this since I might change my username again.

I much appreciate the smoother navigation when reading the forum from a mobile device.