Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure why the giant font for the post numbers on the main page. It's hardly important, but steals attention.

Not sure if this is a bug or merely a consequence of the migration still being in progress, but, if i click in the text box for status updates, the box says 'loading' then the forum just takes me to my profile page.

31 minutes ago, dew said:

Stuff is very clearly being improved on the fly. Just in the last few hours attachments were fixed, default avatars blanked, probably a slew of other stuff. Maybe less of Graf's entitlement (LOL ZSCRIPT) and more of plain bug reporting on day 1 of migration?

It's the response that matters, and that was less than inspiring confidence.

Nobody expects a transition to be without problems, but the least I expect from the person responsible is not to give snarky responses to legitimate concerns.

1 minute ago, Graf Zahl said:

It's the response that matters, and that was less than inspiring confidence.

Nobody expects a transition to be without problems, but the least I expect from the person responsible is not to give snarky responses to legitimate concerns.

For whatever reason the site is slow as hell.  I'm sure this has already been mentioned.  But yeah- nice job whoever did this.  The /idgames section is almost not shit , gj

I'd rather we don't piss Ling off, and wait for how things are going down in the days to come. There's probably some stress involved on Ling's side, and if anyone has kind of the rights the vent some steam it's probably Ling. Would be really nice if people were a bit more understanding, because migrating "all the things", and taking care of problems while listening to feedback as well, is probably like giving birth, without the yelling and the umbilical cord, that is... On second thoughts, there might be yelling involved in this here process as well...

4 minutes ago, Sure Bowb said:

I'd rather we don't piss Ling off, and wait for how things are going down in the days to come[...]

Yes, nobody wants to read "I think I'll better go and make DukeWorld or something, see ya" but at the same time I think it should be possible to discuss issues sensibly, without raising ire.

The difference is that Linguica actually paid for this so it has to deliver for him. It's not like he can just "quit". That's why the call for peace.

Can you see more than 5 status updates in the timeline? Because if not, they get lost easily if people post quickly (and, at least for now, I have no doubt they come in very quickly).

4 minutes ago, RjY said:

Yes, nobody wants to read "I think I'll better go and make DukeWorld or something, see ya" but at the same time I think it should be possible to discuss issues sensibly, without raising ire.

I think the correct wording is "There you have it! No more Doomworld!"

3 minutes ago, printz said:

The difference is that Linguica actually paid for this so it has to deliver for him.

... which actually had some people over at the ZDoom forum scratch their head in confusion.

Is there no free forum software that would have been adequate?

He may have looked into free alternatives and found that just buying professional software was the ideal way to go.

I'd actually be really curious to know what all went into migrating off the ancient software Doomworld was running on. Could not possibly have been as easy as hitting an "Export" button.

I guess it's okay, and may take getting used too. I feel like a lot of the new "modern features" are just a bit gimmicky and pointless, and do nothing more than to appear as extra bells and whistles. Kinda like what made Wikia so shit. 

General navigation seems pretty good, though. Site might not load as quickly or as well as it used too, though, which was always rather accommodating. Attach Files option is also handy and takes out the extra work of image uploading for when you aren't just copying macros off the internet somewhere. 

And of course, RIP Post Hell. It was probably one of the most unique things I've ever seen on a forum and was always great for a laugh. I tended to check that more than the other boards for laughs. 

Oh man, my avatar looks like it got a little deformed or something... Or maybe the sloppy editing wasn't as noticeable before... 

A bunch of avatars (mine included) got scaled for some reason; that and there's a 90px minimum on avatars.

[BTW, I'm actually working on those CSS edits I "promised" :P ]

[EDIT] Post Hell was the best thing ever. :<

An awesome thought crossed my mind: integrate Doom Wiki as well into Doomworld! So that both the forum and the wiki work like extensions of each other. One can only dream 😌

Quick preview of some (strictly unofficial at present) desktop style edits I'm working on:

K0XQeyim.png

Still not done yet (looking to make the Quote and Edit buttons look similar to Likes), but stuff is anchored to the bottom of posts correctly and padding/fontsize is tweaked a bunch.

Thoughts on this?

I like it too, though I understand it'll take some getting used to. Best thing is, I didn't have to wait until I had X number of posts to change my avatar! KABOOM!

Lots of unused space on the side of the forum that bugs me. I miss the more spartan look of the old forums even if behind the scenes they were a complete dumpster fire. Also post hell is wonderful and its absence makes the world a worse place.

I wonder how long until generic icons such as the heart for "Like this" are replaced with ripped Doom graphics such as skull keys or key cards, if not smiling Doomguy faces.

1 minute ago, printz said:

I wonder how long until generic icons such as the heart for "Like this" are replaced with ripped Doom graphics such as skull keys or key cards, if not smiling Doomguy faces.

Health bonus, please.

2 hours ago, Cynical said:

I see there's a "warnings" system in place.

I am actually curious to see how this pans out. Mods/admins here can actually find the warn button! Guess they didn't like my topic :(

Is there a way to disable the rich text post editing? It's seriously clashing with my browser navigation keys.

Hmmm...

Not sure what to think as of now. Generally sort of turned off.

I think it'll be better once it speeds up, or maybe if there's an old-style option.

This forum looks like my iPhone screen maximized to fit on a standard desktop display. Vertical rectangle world, complete with black bars on the sides like it's a 240p YouTube video circa 2007. Also, the dissolution of Post Hell is a sinful crime against internet humanity.

At least it's all very easy to read and navigate. That's a big plus.

wait post hell is gone

wHAT AHHHAHHHOHAHAAHHHREEEEEEEEEEEE

And I would not have posted this horrible message had I not seen the desktop notifications which are now a thing. I like this feature. Very good. Good on you guys.

Post hell is objectively the best thing about doomworld. I get to look at all the idiots who get loser'd.