Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stupid question but how do I post Status Updates? I click on what's on your mind and nothing happens.

Just go into your profile and it's there as a grey bar to the left of the green reputation bar.

Is there anyone else who kinda misses the "about yourself" section on profiles? I'd like to be able to know something about the people whose profiles I visit... just a sentence or two about where you live, what you do, if/how you contribute to the Doom community, etc.

Something else I've come to notice:

Apparently, there's a new disciplinary system in place now, judged by "warning points" and "restrictions." 
This means that much like PH, Losers and getting losered seems to be another thing of the past now.

Not much of a fan of the tabletization of the web. I suppose an upgrade was inevitable sooner or later; it just feels like there are too many new features at once, several social media-inspired ones of questionable merit in particular. Maybe bit of a culture shock like when being used to the classic Doom menu, but suddenly having to get used to the ZDoom's options tree..

Also, is "inb4 post hell" still a bannable offense or has it transcended to meme status now??

Does the forum still use BBCode? Because I'm hurtin' for a raw BB code editor and that glorious monospace font textarea.

It doesn't hurt to try. There is a preview button top right of the reply-box, in case you were wondering. But to answer your question, yes, most BBCode still works.

Italics

Bold
Underline
Well, SUP works fine

monospaced code block

• Lists
  • Also
  • Work

8 hours ago, Nevander said:

Does the forum still use BBCode? Because I'm hurtin' for a raw BB code editor and that glorious monospace font textarea.

while BBCode works in the editor (due to an add-on I think), I don't think this particular software stores BBCode under the hood at all. Ling's posted a sample of the data under the hood, and I recall it stored mostly raw markup for each post.

edit: oh cool, my name isn't cut off anymore. I was thinking of actually changing it to a shortened form I use elsewhere, but I'm glad I didn't now.

9 hours ago, Nevander said:

BBcode mostly still "works" but it gets converted to HTML when you post and there's no way to get the original BBCode back if you want to edit it.

25 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

edit: oh cool, my name isn't cut off anymore. I was thinking of actually changing it to a shortened form I use elsewhere, but I'm glad I didn't now.

Nice! Just noticed mine is all on one line too. :-)

4 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Let's see...

[newproject]Your mom[/newproject]

In case you want the template:

[Name here], before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

goatlords posts don't start with *hits blunt* this is a very serious problem because I didn't realize that he was still posting on Doomworld.

OH MY GOD you can hover your mouse above an (new) /idgames WAD's star rating and see it as a number, that's so great.

edit: some WADs have screenshots with them, who took those?

Edited by bzzrak

44 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

I believe they were cross-referenced from /newstuff chronicles reviews.

2 hours ago, bzzrak said:

OH MY GOD you can hover your mouse above an (new) /idgames WAD's star rating and see it as a number, that's so great.

I like the sound of that a lot, but either I'm mousing over the wrong place or this doesn't seem to be working for me...

19 hours ago, esselfortium said:

this doesn't seem to be working for me...

Or for me, either. Screenshot please? :D

W-w-whaaaat... it was there yesterday! I swear I saw it!

edit: ahhh thanks rdwpa, makes sense. Actually it does not, why the hell do you have to rate it first? What if I made the WAD?

Edited by bzzrak

On 3/30/2017 at 7:09 AM, bzzrak said:

On 3/30/2017 at 9:37 AM, esselfortium said:

I like the sound of that a lot, but either I'm mousing over the wrong place or this doesn't seem to be working for me...

18 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Or for me, either. Screenshot please? :D

6 hours ago, bzzrak said:

W-w-whaaaat... it was there yesterday! I swear I saw it!

I noticed it once or twice but couldn't reliably reproduce it, but I realized now that it only does that for wads you've rated. 

Incidentally, I was trying to find a wad I knew I rated for extra confirmation, but that brings up another thing: the new search function is quite frustrating. Today at least (I've wrangled with it in the past): (1) I tried searching for 'totg' and a couple times and nothing came up, then I realized it was searching only on the page I had opened, which was The Joy of Mapping 2's entry; (2) so I changed the field to search 'All Content', and ToTG's entry in the new Downloads section still wouldn't come up; (3) then I tried just looking for stuff posted by Benjogami, but the search function kept automatically selecting a user named 'b' as soon as I typed the first letter, and I was unable to type past that point, so I deleted it and tried again, several times, unsuccessfully. :D  

I guess the new downloads section might not be indexed yet, which would explain #2, but #1 and #3 could be better nevertheless: this little area on the left of the text field would be better off maybe being more prominent somehow, and I'm not sure what's happening with the member search function. Also it would be nice if there was a way to sort what the search function returns by date, and if showing the most recent content first was the default behavior. 

Edited by rdwpa

I know it's a longshot but it would be ultracool if people on ignore lists did not show up under the 'Recent Status Updates' sidebar. 

Anyway, I'm really liking the new forum, despite my recent nitpicks. 

How to e-mail someone? The old software had that.

It becomes necessary when folks claim slots in your CP and don't log in in months.