Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use doomworld predominantly on my smartphone.  I just noticed that when I am scrolling down a thread, I am also flagging numerous posts as soon as I tap the screen.  Is there a way to make flagging a post only possible by clicking directly on the flag instead of anywhere in the top section of the post?

13 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I think the best part about this new forum software is I can finally delete all the stupid blog posts I wrote 15 years ago without that annoying 6 year cap on post editing.

Its ok. We still know what you did.

I've noticed that you removed the automatic notification updates and sounds. Did they strain the server too much?

On 4/2/2017 at 5:49 PM, insertwackynamehere said:

I think the best part about this new forum software is I can finally delete all the stupid blog posts I wrote 15 years ago without that annoying 6 year cap on post editing.

You leave those posts alone!

The old forum had the function of viewing how many posts specific users made on a specific thread.

Too bad the new forum doesn't, unless I missed something.

This forum is so mobile friendly it even expects pc users to utilise it like a mobile. But overall it's good, all I really want back is the old school new post system as it had a nice long list of threads to skim through and less in your face.

Welp, this is the first time I sign in to the new forum since the upgrade. Overall I'm impressed.

I finally had to retire my old Crowfish icon though since the new software made it look WAYYY too pixelated. I've been using this Batman '66 avatar on a few other gaming sites however, so I figured I'd bring it on over here.

Don't know if this is already known as a bug or Dr. Sleep ended up putting formatting at the end of the text file.

Man, I really wish you could edit status updates, I just posted one that sounds completely retarded and would love to be able to fix the grammar mistakes and wording

It would be cool if you could sort search results by date. As it is now, when searching through forum content, results can be a post from 1 hour ago, then a post from 2015, then a post from yesterday, etc. I also noticed that when searching member accounts they seem to be displayed alphabetically which makes sense, but it would be cool to be able to sort by registration date or postcount. I'm not sure if that would be too demanding, but it would in essence bring back the old member list. Just a few small suggestions!

I just thought I'd say how much I appreciate that the new forum saves a post-in-progress when Chrome decides to pull the "aw snap" BS and force a refresh.

Is the legacy /idgames front-end going to be fully replaced by the new software? Right now I keep using the legacy interface because I'm more familiar with it, ignoring the new stuff that you worked to add.

On 4/15/2017 at 5:03 AM, bzzrak said:

Hmm, I see Maes has the highest postcount now.

I am right behind fodders in post count.

1 hour ago, Glaice said:

I am right behind fodders in post count.

...who hasn't posted on the forum since 2008, almost 10 years ago. Fodders was 50 in 2001 according to his post history so he would be roughly 66 in 2017. Morbid, maybe, but I wonder if he's even still alive. The only real name I can find is 'Brian' in this "getting to know you" post from 2001.

On 3/23/2017 at 8:53 PM, Da Werecat said:

I think the "Edited X minutes ago" text is too close to the body of the message, almost looking like a part of it. And it's bold. Maybe it should be a part of the "Posted Y minutes ago" text? Less intrusive this way, while still providing the information.

Just discovered this: if, after completing your editing, you place the cursor at the end of your block of text, then hit the 'Enter' key before saving, it will put a space between your text and the 'edited' notice. I'm editing this post just to illustrate the point.

Low-priority but still useful feature: it would be very convenient if attachments could be inserted into posts as hyperlinks over preexisting text. Right now 'insert into post' overwrites whatever you have highlighted, and the process to add it as a hyperlink over text is: insert attachment into post -> right click and 'copy link address' -> highlight text and add it as a hyperlink -> delete the first attachment link. That is not too bad, all things considered, but it's been a few weeks since I've bugged you about anything so hopefully I won't get eaten.  

Nice :P My signup date it totally incorrect! I originally appeared in '05 but I was an embarrassment to myself, a mere child at the time, heh.

11 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Strangely, status updates by people on my ignore list still show for me ragardless. Anybody else noticed this?

Nope... I haven't ignored anybody! :-)

EDIT: This guy noticed:

Edited by 42PercentHealth

On 4/1/2017 at 3:03 AM, rdwpa said:

I know it's a longshot but it would be ultracool if people on ignore lists did not show up under the 'Recent Status Updates' sidebar. 

When I asked this, it was because I wanted to hide @AbsorbedHatch's status updates. It's not really the lack of content that is troublesome, but that coupled with the frequency of them, and the regularity of them, almost like a steady tapping, and his habit of posting new statuses instead of replying to existing ones. Well, he did warn us

Edited by rdwpa