Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I think I wandered off to the dark side of youtube... This is actually pretty fascinating stuff though. Ritual ambient or something of the sort.

Eh, I was looking through my album collection for anything that would fit into the avant-garde music thread @Jimmy started... decided that while this is certainly an experimental album, I wouldn't necessarily consider it "avant-garde":

If experimental math rock is your kind of deal, this is the album to check out in my opinion.

@AgentSpork, thanks for sharing that, I really enjoyed the music. I'll check out more of their albums later on!

Here's some electro-djent, for want of a better way to describe it. Quite a big fan of The Algorithm's music, I feel it captures that 'computer nerd' sound while still remaining metal which really appeals to me! I have a feeling @NuMetalManiak (Formerly Getsu Fune) will enjoy this one.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

@AgentSpork, thanks for sharing that, I really enjoyed the music. I'll check out more of their albums later on!

Here's some electro-djent, for want of a better way to describe it. Quite a big fan of The Algorithm's music, I feel it captures that 'computer nerd' sound while still remaining metal which really appeals to me! I have a feeling @NuMetalManiak (Formerly Getsu Fune) will enjoy this one.

Ooh, that was really neat. Gonna have to check out more from them.

Now that I'm feeling all djent-y...

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Here's some electro-djent, for want of a better way to describe it. Quite a big fan of The Algorithm's music, I feel it captures that 'computer nerd' sound while still remaining metal which really appeals to me! I have a feeling @NuMetalManiak (Formerly Getsu Fune) will enjoy this one

10 minutes ago, AgentSpork said:

Ooh, that was really neat. Gonna have to check out more from them.

Now that I'm feeling all djent-y...

I know both of those all right. Had fun listening to them, as well as Hacktivist from earlier (rap djent).

To me though, this will always be my favorite djent song. It had EVERYTHING I wanted.

Monuments are freakin' brilliant! Shame I've not seen them live yet.

That was definitely not the vocal style I expected Dazzer, heh.

Talking of seeing bands live, I'm very hyped for Coheed & Cambria's upcoming tour, already got my tickets! Been a huge fan of them since their second album's release, and while I think the latest one is probably their weakest, I'm still very much into the band.

I listen to classic heavy metal mostly. Here is my favourite bands ranked:

1) Iron Maiden (I can't like music more than Maiden)   /   Judas Priest

2) Any bands with Dio or Ozzy (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, e.t.c.)

3) Metallica  /  Megadeth (had to put thrash in my list)

I also don't mind listening to old 80s-90s songs (Disco, Rock, Electronic, e.t.c.)

20 hours ago, AgentSpork said:

Three Trapped Tigers

I'm a big fan of these guys. my favorite track

13 hours ago, tourniquet said:

Gesaffelstein

hah, I'd been listening to a lot of this guy's stuff recently. coming down off an Oizo kick (rather, questing for similar french tech-house-whatever). Sadly I found a majority of it pretty disappointing, felt largely like like stripped down Oizo songs played in diminished instead of minor :p. This one is a bit of an improvement, still a tad basic, perhaps.

anyways, here's some pretty clutch japanese post-rock:

53 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

coming down off an Oizo kick (rather, questing for similar french tech-house-whatever)

hm i'm afraid there's nothing nearly comparable to Oizo, to me he's clearly the master of this genre & since you're allready aware of gesaffelstein i'd recommend SebastiAn as another brilliant french house artist

Currently playing this to rearrange some of my synapses, listener discretion is advised:

Ah well... might as well while I'm at it:

Lemme try to use this board right! Here's my good-song playlist (it's more or less everything but if you like pop, electronica and indie it makes a lot more sense). Updated weekly!