Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

The band name 'asia' is a total coincidence. I guess it goes with the last post haha

Edited by Jthom

The NUMBER 1 HIT SONG from the NUMBER 1 HIT GAME OF 1998 Duke Nukem Time To Kill

ahahahahahahahahaha

How long has entire music videos as ads been a thing? I just got this and it's the first time I haven't wanted to hit skip. Not bad, though it's about as generic as pop metal can get :P

For today's theme I'm choosing Oldschool Badasses, and the only way to prove genuine badassery is to kick unholy ass live.

First up, Grand Funk Railroad, straight outta Flint, Michigan, a band so good live they blew Led Zeppelin off the stage. Here they are covering a song originally released in 1966 by The Animals, in front of a small audience and likely for a local TV show. They totally give it their all.

I guess you can say Alice In Chains is oldschool at this point, especially when they cover an old Led Zeppelin song, backed by the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. New singer William Duvall totally slays, as does Jerry Cantrell.

Alice In Chains is one of the many grunge bands I never saw live. Grunge emerged mostly from the Seattle punk scene through the Green River/Mudhoney/Malfunkshun/Mother Love Bone axis, but also through the local metal scene, which is where AIC came from. They were a North End band and I knew people who knew them, and I once saw Layne Staley at my local QFC.

I personally hated the impact of grunge on the local punk scene. Suddenly, there was no more slam-dancing, and everyone stood around and banged their heads. But in time, some of the grunge bands did some great shit, and AIC is one of the best, IMO.

Video and sound quality aren't the greatest, so the best compensation, of course, is to crank it! 

@Agent6Filosofem is my least favorite of Burzum's first records, even if I still like it though :(

Little gem of swedish melodic death/black whatever

@Ajora Yes man Nifelheim is the shit. Amazing crazy motherf*ckers.

"To down there,
Where chaos prevails.
Down there,
Where fallen souls revive.
Down there...
Underground...
Down there... "