Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

1 hour ago, Xyzzy01 said:

J-pop meets modern metal. I totally, completely, and unironically enjoyed the hell out of this.

12 minutes ago, Steve D said:

J-pop meets modern metal. I totally, completely, and unironically enjoyed the hell out of this.

Same here, I've not seen anything quite so different in some time. mental.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

This is outstanding. Totally loved it. It doesn't hurt that I hear what sounds like Milan Fras of Laibach in there. ;)

16 minutes ago, PizzaGuy said:

This is so cool. What a cheeky song and a mind-blowing video. Very unusual, very fun style, almost like something from the film "Cabaret." I'll have to look up a translation of the lyrics, which I bet are funny.

I'll forever worship the old Hypocrisy. Much better and visceral than everything that came after Fourth Dimension.

7 minutes ago, Steve D said:

This is so cool. What a cheeky song and a mind-blowing video. Very unusual, very fun style, almost like something from the film "Cabaret." I'll have to look up a translation of the lyrics, which I bet are funny.

@Steve D Glad you enjoyed that song , it's the beat that does it for me. I first heard it years ago on GTA IV. Heres a live performance in English.

35 minutes ago, PizzaGuy said:

@Steve D Glad you enjoyed that song , it's the beat that does it for me. I first heard it years ago on GTA IV. Heres a live performance in English.

Thanks @PizzaGuy! That was a fun performance even though it sounded like playback on her vocals. And what a surprise, she's way hot. ;D It's amazing how many cool songs end up in video games. I've seen it time and again on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Thanks @PizzaGuy! That was a fun performance even though it sounded like playback on her vocals. And what a surprise, she's way hot. ;D It's amazing how many cool songs end up in video games. I've seen it time and again on this thread. 

Yeah it did sound a little bit like playback. Either way , it's interesting to hear the english translation. 

Lots of great songs and bands I've gotten into because I've heard them on games.

On that trend, here's a rock band I got into thanks to this song being featured on a PS2 game called 'Juiced'.

"My house smells just like a zoo, it's chock full of shit and puke.

Cockroaches on the walls, crabs are crawlin' on my balls."

Ah, the good old days. ;)

Completing the theme of live performances by classic LA punk bands, we have Black Flag. Saw them at least twice back in the day and it was always a slam-dance spectacular. They're cited as a major influence on the development of metalcore.

2 hours ago, varth said:

Don't blame metalcore on Black Flag

I'm just going by what others have said. I'm an oldschool punk rocker and while I like metal, I tend to prefer either oldschool Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer (protometal, really) and Trouble style, or New Wave of British Heavy Metal like Motorhead, Girlschool and Tank, all of which are really more rock and roll than metal, or crossover thrash like Suicidal Tendencies, Agnostic Front, The Accused and Siberian Meat Grinder, which IMO seems like the perfect marriage of punk and metal. The closer metal is to punk, the more I like it. ;)

I'm honestly not really sure what Metalcore is. I did a quick check into Earth Crisis and Shai Hulud, and wasn't encouraged to hear more. It seemed like weak emo metal to me. I hope it's not all like that. 

The first time I ever heard of metalcore was because of Hatebreed's cover of "Thirsty And Miserable," which I really like. So, for an unusual 4-post day, why not include that? ;)

@Steve D, metalcore and crossover thrash are very different things.  Metalcore is bullshit evolved from nu-metal; whiny trash with a more biting guitar tone and the occasional tough-guy breakdown.  It's really neither hardcore nor metal; it's just garbage.

(Also, no mention of D.R.I. or Cro-Mags in your crossover thrash listing?  HERESY!)