Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

On 1/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, Steve D said:

Thanks, Varth!

Yeah with the crossover, along with The Accused I also like Dr.Know, a newer band I like in that vein are Birth A.D., and while I agree scenes never die they certainly regress. If there are more punks now than then the quality of newer bands is nil, I am sure there is something out there that is decent but the last modern punk band I liked was The Spits who are total hipster shit. I hate I grew such a negative attitude over time about punk but I have, I think people were more creative with punk back then and the personality/creative types that would have been attracted to the genre in previous generations are now drawn to other types of music.

Also feel its appropriate for GISM, who a lot of people have heard, but damn, necro-rotten-demented take on the Discharge formula, I think they integrated cock rock guitar solos and hair styles better than Discharge, and they end up sound way more fucking demented and fucked up. Such a masterpiece!

Super classic release, sounds like Mortuary Drape, Rotting Christ and Masters Hammer had a baby, which is the hideous maggot on the album cover of course

I had never heard of this one before (except an instrumental version in the mobile game), even though I love Maiden. It probably is one of their best newer songs imo.

39 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

Newer

I mean, it's new Dickinson era, but HOLY SHIT, this thing is almost as old as I am. You are right!    :D

Then again, I rarely go beyond the 2000s in terms of music listening, with a few exceptions being Disturbed, Three Days Grace and System of a Down, so...  IT'S TOTALLY NEW AND NOT 18 YEARS OLD!!!

The death of Dolores O'Riordan was horrible news to wake up to. Time and tide being what it is, and being focused on other priorities, I never really heard much music from The Cranberries, but I always liked what I did hear. This song is the first I ever listened to by them. Rest well, Dolores. :(

37 minutes ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

I mean, it's new Dickinson era, but HOLY SHIT, this thing is almost as old as I am. You are right!    :D

Then again, I rarely go beyond the 2000s in terms of music listening, with a few exceptions being Disturbed, Three Days Grace and System of a Down, so...  IT'S TOTALLY NEW AND NOT 18 YEARS OLD!!!

I do quite the same as you tbh rarely I listens to stuff past the 90s, Iron Maiden are one of those exceptions that I listened their stuff beyond the 80s, basically because it's one of those band that introduced me to Metal music as a kid.

25 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Speaking about Iron Maiden I finally got around to listening to this piece.

Was about time don't you think? Haha, well, I mean if you aren't new to the band. It's probably one of their best song hehe.

Every album out of the first seven from Iron Maiden are essential, and Brave New World is right up there with them. I could do with or without everything else they've released. 

I'm highly attracted to Cindy Wilson and Kate Pierson of The B 52s, new wave chicks for life