Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Well, I've been trying to go back to some bands that I haven't listened to for a bit. I've had Nomeansno's Mama in my car for a month now. Great band. And prolific. 

I found them through the punk scene 20 years ago. They're not punk, but it seems like only people that are interested in punk music like them, or have heard of them. And good goddamn, they have some tasty bass licks.

"Bring me there
Where daylight never exists
And people live on gloom.
Bring me there
Where I will be free
From God's tyranny.
"

2 hours ago, SuperArjunaButt said:

IIIIIILOOOOOOOVEYOOOOUUUUUJESUUUUUUUSCHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST.WAD

That... that is just an abomination. I still hold the view that In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is the best album ever. It's not my favorite album, but I'll be damned if I've ever heard anything that hit me in the emotions as hard as that album did. It's certainly not perfect, Jeff Mangum certainly doesn't have the best voice in the world. It can seem slapped together at points. But I think that honesty is what elevates it; the album accepts its flaws and runs. 

Oh it's a great album.  I just thought it was hilarious that someone ran it through a MIDI converter, and it's wild how you can almost make out Mangum's vocals in it.

Time

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today

And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you ...."

A philosophical observation on something we all take for granted.

7 hours ago, Master O said:

Lot of death metal albums on here.  I wonder if that's the predominant genre on Doomworld...

Not so much on this page. Either way, sorry to burst your bubble but that's only a minority, far from predominant. In fact most black/death stuff posted here for quite a while was from me :v .

They've surely sticked to their formula ever since the band's inception. Not so many new elements except for clean vocals, but good in my book nonetheless.

Started listening some Megadeth again and found this from the first album (first song I listened to, from the whole album). It has a speedy guitar and aggressive vocals, which I like.

13 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Not so much on this page. Either way, sorry to burst your bubble but that's only a minority, far from predominant. In fact most black/death stuff posted here for quite a while was from me :v .

Speaking of non death metal:

Heavy metal featuring a hurdy gurdy:

Speaking of Toto's Africa:

... and something that is definitely not metal:

1 hour ago, Empyre said:

Speaking of Toto's Africa:

Love the leap frog studio stuff. There's quite a bit on Spotify too.

Possibly album of the decade

And the worlds's sexist drummer. I could watch this guy for hours