Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

On 4/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, AnArchaicApparatus said:

Recently, I've been getting into Pink Floyd ..... 

Specific album: The wall [I've watched the film, as well, and I highly suggest watching it if one has not, but if one hasn't the time, at least listen to the longer version of Empty Spaces [Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now] from the film.]

I remember watching The Wall in a movie theater in Buffalo, NY, ages and ages ago. Aside from the music, which I had heard from their double-album, I thought the movie was somewhat bizarre and disjointed. (Although, I suppose that's what the film-maker was going for.) Even when the album was released, in 1979, I felt some of the music was lightweight and disco-influenced, and I mostly ignored the album. Now, when I listen to it my attitude is quite different, particularly in light of its thematic elements of isolation and depression.

One of Pink Floyd's lesser-known albums is Meddle, which has a diversity in music. Indeed, it diverges from Atom Heart Mother, which preceded it, and from Dark Side of the Moon, which followed it. As such, it holds a somewhat unique place in the annals of Pink Floyd music.

23 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Master of music: (Beethoven, Symphony #9)

Ditto.

Although Symphony #5 is probably Beethoven's best-known work, S9 is probably his most-performed. The "Ode to Joy" chorale is remarkably moving, and to think Beethoven was practically deaf when he composed this is likely one of music's miracles.

10 hours ago, qdash said:

Greatest death metal masterpiece.

More like grindcore than death but...

11 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

More like grindcore than death but...

No. It's absolutely "readable" riffs and difficult structures to be grindcore or deathgrind. Pure grindcore(goregrind) it's only on their debut album.

Carcass '91 is sick and beautiful, their peak for sure(with "Tools Of The Trade" 'EP '92).

...and now time for swedish classic shit:

I saw your picture
Hanging on the back of my door
Won't give you my heart
No one lives there anymore
And we were lovers
Now we can't be friends
Fascination ends
Here we go again

Cause it's cold out outside
When you coming home?
Cause it's hot inside