Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

8 hours ago, ShoDemo said:

Had only heard about Mindcrime being a really good album, although I never gave it a listen.

Cool song, nice instruments and rhythm, but did they have to call the character Mary, just to annoy me? I had to search, just to see that the album is a concept album, just to not worry and listen to the song freely.

Reveal hidden contents

In case you are wondering why I said that, in music I am that guy... when I see pentagrams and lyrics that are offensive to God and stuff, I will just skip the song/album/artist I was listening to, even if they make those just to tease someone and don't actually believe in that. This is why I don't listen to Slayer for an example and with their last album, I got triggered as much as I could - still 2 songs I listened to were ok and heavy, but that wasn't enough for me. 

Or I freaking hate Number of the Beast as a song, (while the album was great for the most part) but the song also felt to be one of the lamest Maiden song I've heard, after the songs from A matter of Life and Death and Bring your Daughter to the slaughter. The riff is ok, but the damn lyrics I couldn't enjoy at all. I swear, this song's reason for existence must have been only to tease the priests in the 80s, that went loose with the accusations about satanic music and playing the records backwards to have a secret meaning revealed, e.t.c. (priests in my country would even accuse disco of being satanic music, so I guess that teasing those crazy priests is a more than good thing to do) 

Other example is with Rotting Christ. They are from my country and they produce some nice music at parts (it has good atmosphere if I could describe it), but I obviously don't listen to them. By the way, I was laughing my ass off when I heard that they got arrested just for their name, in Georgia I think. Like, what can accuse them for in order to arrest them???

Generally, I am not into prog metal much, except when I listened some Dream Theater. My reactions with their songs were a mixed bag. I like some, I get bored by others. Loved these 3 songs though:

Reveal hidden contents

Well then, give a listen to these two if you don't know them, you may like both their music and lyrics.

Both songs have the same name lol

6 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

Well then, give a listen to these two, you may like both their music and lyrics.

Both songs have the same name lol

Hehe!  :)

Was also surprised about that. Another similar occasion was when I found that there are 2 Sabbat bands.

1st song: The riff that starts around 1:30 is awesome! And the rest of the song too, coupled with good lyrics and voice. Had only heard Child of the Damned from Warlord, while I was searching for Omen and Grim Reaper songs and now this. Going to search some more songs from them later!

2nd song: This was also pretty good (the voice felt a bit too high for some parts of the songs, but it was badass regardless).

Thanks for the recommendations!

The amazing soundtrack of Castlevania IV

1 hour ago, ShoDemo said:

Hehe!  :)

Was also surprised about that. Another similar occasion was when I found that there are 2 Sabbat bands.

1st song: The riff that starts around 1:30 is awesome! And the rest of the song too, coupled with good lyrics and voice. Had only heard Child of the Damned from Warlord, while I was searching for Omen and Grim Reaper songs and now this. Going to search some more songs from them later!

2nd song: This was also pretty good (the voice felt a bit too high for some parts of the songs, but it was badass regardless).

Thanks for the recommendations!

Omen alikes : 

Been listening to the new Kalmah album. Only band from the melodic death genre I really still follow:

@Spectre01 Insomnium still slays.

"They attack with fury
With a horde of demons born from hell
Following in their wake.
All shall perish by the moonlit silver of their swords,
The dark crusaders sing their hymns of eternal praise
With blood spilled in sacrifice.
"

The basic gist of Hell's history is that they formed right as NWOBHM was on its way out and Bay Area Thrash was becoming huge. So they mixed both styles. The band struggled to find a audience outside of the local scene for what felt like ages. They did eventually get a record deal. But, the label folded before their album was released. So the band broke up in 1987. This caused lead guitarist  Kev Bower to completely stop playing guitar and completely walk away from music for 20+ years. Dave Halliday the bands original singer also committed suicide shortly after the break up. While alive, Haliday taught record producer and guitarist Andy Sneap how to play guitar. Sneap had been a long time fan of the band as well. 

Fast forward to 08 and the remaining members of Hell reform the band with Kev's brother David becoming the bands lead singer. Also Sneap is the bands 2nd guitarst and a official member of the band. 

Podcast I appeared on recently, where we read a terrible story, and then the most amazing story.

So that's how the original sounded like. Well rest assured both versions are amazing. I just wonder who wrote the original, a couple of sources say it's by Grave, though I can't find it.

Edited by Agent6