Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

I'm listening to the Black Mesa: Source soundtrack

Track: Forget About Freeman

Note: this comes from the mod version of that game.

Usually, when I'm working on a Doom mod, I listen to several different types of music. This is the one that I've been sticking to lately.

The evil that never rests...

Wish I could dig their other works like I do with Inquisitors, but this still remains the only album of DoS I return to.

This is surprisingly one of the few times I decide to listen to classic rock and actually enjoy it.

I never knew Disturbed´s singer had such a talent for melodic singing. Shame they have never used him for this before.

Heh, about revisiting, coming back to Judas Iscariot usually fills me with nostalgia. "...Of Great Eternity", indeed ;_; .

@DesecratorJ Hm, Gehenna never really managed to catch my attention. They have some great albums, but I don't remember playing them more than a few times.

'bout that, I found myself listening to Bloodhammer quite a bit these days, their debut album is simply raw perfection and old school to the bone, same for the EPs. But their later albums aren't on par with them. Also, you still haven't told me what you think about the new Immortal single, it's almost like you're purposefully avoiding this subject. Or you already told me your opinion and I just completely missed it, wouldn't be the first time.

9 hours ago, Agent6 said:

@DesecratorJ Hm, Gehenna never really managed to catch my attention. They have some great albums, but I don't remember playing them more than a few times.

'bout that, I found myself listening to Bloodhammer quite a bit these days, their debut album is simply raw perfection and old school to the bone, same for the EPs. But their later albums aren't on par with them. Also, you still haven't told me what you think about the new Immortal single, it's almost like you're purposefully avoiding this subject. Or you already told me your opinion and I just completely missed it, wouldn't be the first time.

Dunno if I already told you or not, but anyway, I don't really follow the new releases of bands nowadays, i'm more stuck into the oldies, i'm not that deep into black metal too anymore, but in the Immortal case, Pure Holocaust being my favorite album by them, I never liked their new stuff, just looking at the cover art show how uninspired they are, it's like a shitty copy of the all shall fall cover, anyway, Demonaz at least try to keep the band alive from the mess that Abbath is also doing on his side lol.

11 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

Dunno if I already told you or not, but anyway, I don't really follow the new releases of bands nowadays, i'm more stuck into the oldies, i'm not that deep into black metal too anymore, but in the Immortal case, Pure Holocaust being my favorite album by them, I never liked their new stuff, just looking at the cover art show how uninspired they are, it's like a shitty copy of the all shall fall cover, anyway, Demonaz at least try to keep the band alive from the mess that Abbath is also doing on his side lol.

Yeah, it does look like a more grim version of All Shall Fall, but trust me, it doesn't reflect the quality and style of the music. If anything, the single clearly indicates a successful blend of Battles in the North and Pure Holocaust. Uninspired cover, no doubt, but Demonaz certainly knows what he's doing, he can clearly handle the shit without problems. I like their later works but yeah, I'll always prefer their classics, they're too perfect.

Immortal live is also going to be a very different affair, from what Demonaz said they're likely going to be a quartet live. Yeah, you read that right, quartet. Demonaz on vocals, 2 guitarists, and Horgh on drums. He says he can handle the guitar in the studio just fine, but live performances would probably be too much for his arm, so the live line up would most likely look like this. I'm interested, especially when it comes to who will these guitarists be.

And true, Abbath's project isn't doing great, King left, and they also replaced the original drummer at some point from what I'm hearing. Their debut album was also highly disappointing, I've listened to it once and I don't feel the need to do it again... Supposedly that music was originally written for the successor of All Shall Fall but after the complications, when Abbath left he took the songs with him. Well, good thing that he did, that album would've been worse than All Shall Fall. I daresay I'm not finding All Shall Fall as bad as some people want to make it look like, yet with the exception of a few songs everything is way too average...

Yup, more JI.