Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

On 6/22/2018 at 3:42 PM, Agent6 said:

Great game, great soundtrack.

I used to listen to this exact video every time I had to study for exams.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:46 AM, DesecratorJ said:

Ok, my username on Battle.net is Bathory, and someone named Enslaved told me that Bathory is a shit band, i'm like, if Bathory was a shit band, I wouldn't imagine what the whole norwegian scene would have been, your shitty band included. What a douche lol.

I'm dead xdd.

But yeah, if there was no Venom, Bathory, Sodom, Destruction, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, and Kreator there would've been no black metal, can't imagine how their most influential works that played a crucial role in the creation and development of the genre would be shit. Indeed, what a douche, and what a joke of a person. Sure, you don't like the band, alright, but I hope he at least recognized their importance.

Meanwhile, been smashing some Emperor lately. Hopefully I'll put my hands on Nightside Eclipse this summer (I'm yet to have any of their works in my collection), but right now I'm bankrupt.

Many references and elements from their past works, great comeback after The Voice of Steel.

10 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I'm dead xdd.

But yeah, if there was no Venom, Bathory, Sodom, Destruction, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, and Kreator there would've been no black metal, can't imagine how their most influential works that played a crucial role in the creation and development of the genre would be shit. Indeed, what a douche, and what a joke of a person. Sure, you don't like the band, alright, but I hope he at least recognized their importance.

Meanwhile, been smashing some Emperor lately. Hopefully I'll put my hands on Nightside Eclipse this summer (I'm yet to have any of their works in my collection), but right now I'm bankrupt.

Yeah, pretty much that, calling one of those bands shit and liking bands that were influenced by those makes no sense to me.

Emperor always been one of my favorite bands of Norway, their stuff after Nightside Eclipse is less interesting to me, but their stuff before that album is brillant.

Speaking of the Bathory influence ... lol

@DesecratorJ No, it doesn't. But then that was probably a troll, so either way, serious or not, who even cares.

Emperor's one of my favorites as well, in the entire genre not just Norway. Their works after Nightside are perhaps not as brilliant, but fun fact, I find IX Equilibrium superior to Anthems, still, for some reason that album is overlooked by most people while its predecessors reached cult classic status. From the albums, Nightside and IX Equilibrium remain my favorite, and yet, there are other Emperor releases I like even more than them, namely the As the Shadows Rise and Emperor EPs.

Ah, such memories. I was a high school freshman when a friend of mine took me down to his basement, where he blasted this song at brain-rattling volume.

I wouldn't say this began my career as a teenage music snob of the '70s. After all, I was already listening to Loudon Wainwright III and Tom Waits, and going by the tastes of my music-snob nephew, Waits has snob appeal to this day. Nor was this my intro to prog rock, as I was already a Moody Blues fan since years. But in my view, this song, and this album, which also gave us the phenomenal 21st Century Schizoid Man, simply crushed all competition, and King Crimson was the clear choice for the most hardcore prog-rock fans.

The copyright police are always on this track like fleas on a dog, so it may last months, weeks, days, hours or even minutes before it's taken down, so get it while it's hot. And crank it, to help those 1969 production values.

"I chant your names this somber night,
To unchain thy forces of malignant arts,
The spirits of bleak dimensions,
To pierce my burning wicked heart!
"

Also Blood II's soundtrack:

Only good thing with this movie is Michael Myers theme.

Better than this can be only "Trioxin 245" from "Return Of The Living Dead":

Jesus Christ what a powerful song! This Fetty Wap guy has one hell of a voice... or one hell of a talent at autotuning, can't tell really, not that it matters in any way.