Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Rather hated/disliked album of Mayhem, but this one and especially Chimera are easily the best Mayhem since DMDS and Deathcrush.

Unfortunately also the last good releases, nothing good came out afterwards, not until now anyway.

Wow, Rammstein is awesome. I love that song.

I've been listening to Suicide Commando, they're like a techno thing. They have a website.

'See You In Hell' is one of my favorites hits so far, but also most of the 'Mindstrip' Album is awesome.

Finally got my hands on Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, ordered it today <3 . And Northern Chaos Gods totally slays, best Immortal since At the Heart of Winter, so here's something to celebrate.

Now, revisiting the world of Pure Holocaust made me remember what Sabathan said once about Mayhem's DMDS. "Blacker than the blackest black", I think theoe were his exact words. And indeed, DMDS is very atmospheric and dark without a single doubt, but I dunno, I think it's actually a tie between it and PH. Both are bone chilling utter darkness, but Immortal is perhaps more descriptive and immersive. Does that matter? Nah, they both offer something unique, so anyway, I'll just --

"Eternity surrounds me, I am real as the earth,
As dark winds fade away no one knows where I am gone.
Tasting the cold from the shining gates
As snow falls from the sky,
Thirsting for the realms of frost.
At the end of the gate I won't stop but spread my wings,
"

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Finally got my hands on Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, ordered it today <3 . And Northern Chaos Gods totally slays, best Immortal since At the Heart of Winter, so here's something to celebrate.

Now, revisiting the world of Pure Holocaust made me remember what Sabathan said once about Mayhem's DMDS. "Blacker than the blackest black", I think theoe were his exact words. And indeed, DMDS is very atmospheric and dark without a single doubt, but I dunno, I think it's actually a tie between it and PH. Both are bone chilling utter darkness, but Immortal is perhaps more descriptive and immersive. Does that matter? Nah, they both offer something unique, so anyway, I'll just --

"Eternity surrounds me, I am real as the earth,
Tasting the cold from the shining gates
As snow falls from the sky,
Thirsting for the realms of frost.
At the end of the gate I won't stop but spread my wings,
"

No wonder why it alway has been my favorite Immortal album, simply because it feature the band's best material.