Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Kreayshawn, Lil Debbie and V-Nasty -- in a brief appearance -- shortly after the White Girl Mob came to its end.

I'll be quite honest with you, my fellow Doomers, and say that I'm not a huge fan of this song. This is Southern Party Rap and the bars are nothing to write home about. This ain't Lupe Fiasco or Boots Riley at work. And Wiz Khalifa's rap is sing-songy and monotonous. Miley actually comes off better, even though her voice is a little weak.

I've put up some really great Miley material in the past, with her covers of Lilac Wine and These Boots Are Made For Walking especially strong, and naturally We Can't Stop. I know Miley is a tough sell in a crowd of Metalheads, Rivetheads, Technoheads and all the other 'heads around here. ;) But I stand by what I said.

So why is this video among my Miley favorites? Simple. Sheer Thermonuclear Hotness. When you come right down to it, I'm a pretty shallow dude. ;)

^ That image reminds me of the cover of The Chasm's Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm.

Jungle Rot and Krabathor are some of the grooviest bands around for sure.

Fantastic as Nightside might be, I'll always prefer the versions found on the Emperor EP, that rawness somehow managed to add more clarity to the sound so you could better differentiate the instruments. The production was also more balancedl, the drums seem to be too high (and close) in the mix and the symphony overpowers the guitars.

So yeah, As the Shadows Rise and the Emperor EP will remain my favorite releases, but all have something to offer that's good in its own way.

This is different then most songs in this thread, but... this.

Edited by V0idH0und