What are you listening to?

10 hours ago, varth said:

Man oh man I fucking love Purtenance, I lucky to nab up a used copy of the double LP of Member of Immortal Damnation and have even considered getting the skeletal reaper/horse tattooed on my arm, I'm not much a tattoo guy but I've always wanted a death metal tattoo. Morgoth and Morta Skuld have went to the shitter which was common in the mid 90s, but man, no band fell further than Kam Lee's Massacre, this is like Morbid Angel's Illud Divine Anus album only 20 years earlier! It is the worst fucking transition I've ever heard a competent death metal band make! The fact they were so good at a more death thrash style than the standard Cannibal Corpse/Suffocation sound makes it worse in my eyes.

NICE, I wish I could still find a brand new copy of that albums, or at least of ...to Spread.

Yeah, it's a shame what Massacre has become but Morbid Angel is just as worse really, if not even more so. Have you listened to the new album? Damn if it doesn't suck... easily one of the worst of the year for me. But hey, returning to Morgoth, at least they managed to put their shit together, Ungod slays.

1 person likes this

have probably linked this song before but I don't care.

about ten years ago I was absolutely ravenous for music and I devoured a bunch of prog and industrial and weird japanese stuff and post-punk and funk and basically all the interesting genres in one go

since then I've been more content with what I know and really bad at acquiring the taste for anything new so this is what I come back to most

the single best song I have ever heard

One of the best anime soundtracks I've heard in a while.

Random fact: Every time I look at the cover of Vader's The Empire I am reminded about this album, which is a good thing because it's fantastic.

1 person likes this

MMmmmmh Haus Arafna sure is tasty.

Here's a concoction of a rare kind:

1 person likes this

This album is wrongly overshadowed by the following ones as this is probably one of their best effort.

2 people like this

@Mayhem666 The problem with that album is that the production just doesn't do it any justice. The effects used, and most importantly the atmosphere, simply fail to live up to the expectations. The songs are great but the technical side absolutely ruins most of them. Besides, many of the songs are featured on Angelgrinder and that versions are vastly superior, just look at Satan Divine for instance. Sure, the riffs are more death metal oriented but they do the job, and the solo? Oh boy, yes, the solo, it just mops the floor with this version.

1 person likes this

@Agent6We won't get a agreement about this unfortunately :P As I love the primitive sound of Kiss the goat, keyboard and flûte are just amazing. Can't compare such atmosphere. The fact that I hate the sound of Angel Grinder in general doesn't help too. Lord Belial ceased be great to my ears after Unholy Crusades.

Gotta like those Australians.

Edited by Mayhem666
2 people like this

Really like the visuals and aesthetic of this song

Edited by CYBERIA

Got this CD in the mail the other day.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Fuck yeah, this one and Darkside are the shit

2 people like this

A fallen kingdom, a twisted sky. 
Within, maggots fall from your eyes. 
The spite of darkness won't hear your spell. 
Teach to your juniors, contaminate them all.

Yeah, more Adramelech today.

"With violent craving penetrate the flesh,
With urges untold, pierce the soul,
Driven like a nail through your dreams,
Where you exist, is where the pain lives.

Divine, covetous,
Deviate being.
Outrageous, lustful,
Rise from the shroud!

What heaven forbid, is what I claim,
Unshameful, godless creatures
Infiltrate my being,
Savage desires burn with strength,
Unstoppable,
Take over my body.
"

1 person likes this