Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

The old /idgames database is working again (more or less)

Since I realized it might Take A While to get all the /idgames links working properly again, I decided to do the next best thing:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/btsx_e1

The old server was still working fine so I just pulled it out of retirement for one last job.

Note that this won't reflect any comments on the "new" files database or anything like that, but it will (well, OUGHT to) continue updating with new files. Anyways it's a stopgap measure until the new one is more production ready.

Thanks for bringing this up again but please make sure that the links will stay as they are also in the future. Otherwise the whole redesign of the file database simply failed.

Don't forget: It's not only about visuals and aesthetics, it's mostly about usability, and if all links are broken in the future, you don't do any good.

6 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

Thanks for bringing this up again but please make sure that the links will stay as they are also in the future.

That's the idea:

On 3/16/2017 at 2:47 AM, Linguica said:

Since I realized it might Take A While to get all the /idgames links working properly again, I decided to do the next best thing

Great to see those Doom articles on gaming sites will still have working links.