Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Night-Fang

New Hell Knight pic!

I said I would make a hell knight pic so here it is. Hope you guys really enjoy, alot of work went into this. Comments welcome of course. =)

Nice art there Night-Fang! Kick ass! Make a Marine holding a smoking shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw dripping with blood in the other! That would rule!

I see some proportional problems.. and some of the muscle Anatomy is wrong..
The monsters right arm is up way to high..

But.. I like the pic.. I am not going to be a big fan of your colouring work, but you have a great feel of how to position you monsters to make them look interesting.. keep em coming!

Hey, thats kinda sweet: proper coloring & original position... Thats cool and simple composition, i guess...

The another thing, its his right arm - yes, its too high imwo also...

Want an idea? You can cut it and put it on one of the actual doom screenshot... Of course you can do smthng with a screenshot before replacing the HK... That will be cool, imwo...

HAMMER-STROKE said:

The monsters right arm is up way to high..

No it's not - it's closer to the viewer so it should be larger than the other. It's a question of perspective.

orion said:

I love the colors, especially the highlights. Great Job.

Yeah. The colors rock! Keep up the good work!

Yeah, thats actually a fault of id. A Baron/Hell Knights leg does not simply just bend backwards. They are digitigrade creatures (creatures that walk on their toes) just like any other monster some being most demons, werewolves, etc...

The point is, id software made the orginal barons/hell knights without any heels!

And if you want to get really technical (and funny) you could also say that they are walking around on "stubs" with hooves.

Bottom line is, orginal sprites need an extra leg joint.

Night-Fang said:

Yeah, thats actually a fault of id. A Baron/Hell Knights leg does not simply just bend backwards. They are digitigrade creatures (creatures that walk on their toes) just like any other monster some being most demons, werewolves, etc...

The point is, id software made the orginal barons/hell knights without any heels!

And if you want to get really technical (and funny) you could also say that they are walking around on "stubs" with hooves.

nah, i like the way they are now, looks more evil

desolatordave said:

nah, i like the way they are now, looks more evil

And off balance ;) Realistically, that Baron/Knight would fall right on his face if he tried to move.

Night-Fang said:

Exactly! Same goes for the Bulldemon. If something that front-heavy can balance and walk so damned fast on those tiny stubs, with not enough joints as well.. my friend.. physics does not apply to them.
they would fall on their heads just as much as a baron would. though the demons would be funnier to watch go splat ;)

I'll admit the two-jointed legs bother me too. ID was good at giving the illusion of possible movement though, so not many people notice.

Even on the title screen (the full painting showed it better) the leg of the cyberdemon was -right-.. but in game he seems to have been docked a joint.

Lost Soul said:

If something that front-heavy can balance and walk so damned fast on those tiny stubs, with not enough joints as well.. my friend.. physics does not apply to them.

DUDE!! there DEMONS! physics dosent apply!

I absouluty love that pic the barons of and hell and hell knight were my fav demons always will be great job on this picture nice posture and nice color work. I always did wonder how the hell the demons balance on those backward legs lol for an animal that is built like a gorilla sure moves damn fast hehe. thanx for pointing it out
and DAMN GOOD WORK DUDE!