Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Can you stop raging at games?

On 3/19/2017 at 6:39 AM, MFG38 said:

Out of curiosity, how long are your breaks usually? For me, they can range anywhere between a week and a month.

Usually, the breaks I take usually range from a few minutes to a few hours. Sometimes if it's still not working for me, I end up deciding to try again tomorrow.

You need to learn to play and keep going forward...  Rage is like going 10 steps back, you are going to lose accuracy and be less smooth.

"When angry, count to ten. When very angry, to one hundred." -- Thomas Jefferson

"When angry, count to ten. When very angry, swear." -- Mark Twain

In all seriousness, though, if I find a level that is really that frustrating, I don't bother finishing it. Games are supposed to be fun. If the game is making you miserable, ruining your personality, and making everyone around you miserable to boot, then there's no longer any point in playing it.

Off-topic edit: This doomguy smile seems to be a popular avatar.

Believe it or not, I too can get the ragies while playing games.

With Doom not so much. I mean, I believe I have lost fair and square whenever a mook kills me, and when its something so ridiculous I laugh at it, like being tossed into a room and getting gangraped by cybies or some stuff. I do get angry when the custom wad with "new and interesting monsters" have annoying sounds or when the music is just blatantly bad. I remember how angery I got while playing UAC Military Nightmare, not because of the toughness of the game, but the constant earrape and rape jokes (some were actually funny) which get annoying when over-repeated.

Other games... well... depends.

Multiplayer games used to give me such bad ragies. Take Call of Duty 2 for a example. It was all fun and fine when I would play with my friends (and most often I would laugh like a super popular youtuber during these segments), but whenever they had better buisness and I wanted to play, I would go to the public servers AND BY THE EMPEROR ALL THE DICK SIZE CONTESTS!

Guys who blatantly used hacks and would mock other fair players, people with pretentious names (and every letter would be a diffrent color AND font), and people who rage too hard that they would like to complain over the chat (often calling out on specific people), and those Stop-Having-Fun guys who complained on people using SMGs or other "noob wepunz", and bullies who picked on other peeps for trying to play a game.

From there I moved onto other games. My favorite multiplayer game for now is Zombie Panic Source, it is such a nice and inspirative game, with tons of references to other zombie movies, most likely early Romero's. On this game I never get the ragies. Mostly because whoever is the dick gets karma'ed quickly by the opposing force.

I don't play multiplayer games anymore, mostly due to my unstable internet connection, and I rarely get the ragies, because whenever I sense I am going to get a bad one, I reset and take several breaths. The only singleplayer game I could only rage on decently is Mount & Blade. Whenever you plan out your next move on the world map or anything, and don't want to lose troops or stuff or gold, then some army approaches you, and BY SOME DIVINE MIRACLE OF THE DAMNED, I GET KILLED BY SIMPLE DICKERY, AND GET CAPTURED WAY TO MANY TIME WHILE THAT ARMORED DILDO MAN ESCAPES LIKE HE WAS A OCTOPUS OR SOME *record cut*

I think I may have told everything.

Thanks for tolerating my shit.

I wish I could tell people who play against me at the Battle Spot the same thing.

Yesterday, I kept getting this "Communication with the other Trainer was interrupted" message during battle, and it happened again a few minutes ago when I WAS ABOUT TO WIN. I don't know if this is because I hurt their feelings... :D

Or maybe it's because there's an issue with my modem. :shrug:

At this point in my life, I can't say I really play any video games to such a degree that I would feel stressed out or even "rage" at them. Gaming is simple entertainment to me, much in the way that watching TV or listening to music are to most people. If a game is getting too difficult, I usually either tone down the difficulty setting, or find something else to do.

I cant ever recall a time where I was legit mad at a game. Sometimes if I'm redoing a part of a game over and over again I might swear to my self, but other than that I cant recall throwing my monitor at my door because of a game.

I guess it all depends on the person and their patience level.

I don't really rage at games unless it's starting to impact my life in some way, i.e.;

I was trying to beat FFX before my Nintendo Switch arrived, because I knew that if I didn't finish it before I got Zelda, I would NEVER finish FFX. I had been on the last boss for a day and I was getting so pissed off due to the long-ass cutscene (and area!) before the final boss. I wound up grinding for a few hours and beat him.

Other than that, I don't ever get angry. 

oh I was pretty pissed off last night, faced 2 aimbotters in 1v1s on overwatch in a row. I was pretty salty after that.

15 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

Raging is good when you stream. It increases views.

OMGsh, this is so unfortunately true! I very much prefer to watch an LPer who can calmly work through their problems, acknowledge when they've made a mistake, reload if necessary and try again... Why is it that all the attention goes to angry banshees?

42PrecentHealth: Because it is more real, more human-like, and mainly more entertaining. I consider myself an angry banshee too and sometimes I regret the fact I am not playing any popular game so I could just be myself and profit :)

I don't really rage. But I like making other people rage, so I usually turn smug when someone annoys me in multiplayer.

This'll usually bother them much more then calling them names.

In case of singleplayer games, I always tell myself "I'll try it just one more time, then I'll quit"

But I never quit. I try again and again. And again. And maybe just one more time after that.