Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Spanish translation for GZDOOM/Traducción al español para GZDOOM

--- ENGLISH BELOW ---

Aparentemente nadie ha traducido DOOM, y dado que tengo bastante tiempo libre, decidí hacerlo yo mismo.

Esto abarcará los siguientes juegos, además de la interfaz de GZDoom 3.1.0:

DOOM/The Ultimate DOOM

DOOM II

DOOM II: No Rest for the Living

Final DOOM

Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

HeXen: Beyond Heretic

HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel

Strife

Chex Quest

En la versión actual están traducidos todos los DOOM, Heretic, HeXen y su expansión, Chex Quest y la interfaz de GZDoom.

Sólo queda Strife.

NOTAS:

El menú principal y los textos entre niveles de DOOM no serán traducidos por el hecho de que son archivos de imágenes, en vez de texto. Sin embargo, Heretic, HeXen y Strife no sufrirán este problema.

---------------------------------------------------

Apparently no one has translated DOOM, and since I have a lot of free time, I decided to do it myself.

I'll translate the following games, including the GZDoom 3.1.0 interface:

DOOM/The Ultimate DOOM

DOOM II

DOOM II: No Rest for the Living

Final DOOM

Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

HeXen: Beyond Heretic

HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel

Strife

Chex Quest

In the current version all the DOOM games have been translated, as well as Heretic, HeXen and its expansion, Chex Quest and the GZDoom interface.

Strife is the only game left now.

NOTE:

The main menu and the intermission screen in DOOM won't be translated because the text there are actually images. Heretic, HeXen and Strife won't have this problem.

------------------------------------------

Son 3 archivos. Uno para Doom, Heretic y Chex Quest, otro para Hexen y un último para Deathkings. También puedes descargar todos ellos en un archivo .rar.

There are 3 files. One for Doom Heretic and Chex Quest, another one for Hexen and the last one for Deathkings. You can also download all of them in a .rar file.

DOOM/Heretic/Chex Quest: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck68zbxvl13b1ds/DOOM-Heretic-Chex_Esp_v1.2.pk3?dl=0

HeXen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow1vuja8s1c48ov/HeXen_Esp_v1.2.pk3?dl=0

Deathkings of the Dark Citadel: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c86zq1qkpetwj6/DotDC_Esp_v1.2.pk3?dl=0

RAR file/Archivo RAR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihn5e76gurnzjts/GZDoom_Esp_v3.1.rar?dl=0

Edited by KVELLER

Hola amigo, deberias de escribir en Inglés o usar Google Traductor para que la comunidad Angloparlante te entienda.

Saludos

Just a quick observation: Remember that in Spanish, exclamation marks are also placed at the beginning of the sentence (¡).

Heh, no, I'm referring to the in-game translation.

Good night guys.

22 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Hola amigo, deberias de escribir en Inglés o usar Google Traductor para que la comunidad Angloparlante te entienda.

Saludos

Gracias por la sugerencia. Decidí dejarlo con ambos idiomas para que la gente que no sabe Inglés también pueda entender sin problemas.

PD: Debería seguir comentando en inglés?

22 hours ago, Zed said:

Just a quick observation: Remember that in Spanish, exclamation marks are also placed at the beginning of the sentence (¡).

I know. Unfortunately, GZDOOM doesn't seem to have the "¡" sign (I think it's the same with "¿"). I guess i could add the characters somehow, but I don't have the knowledge to do that right now. Maybe in the future.

19 hours ago, Ledillman said:

:O

Interesante, lo probaré para dar mi feedback, gracias por compartir esto :D

Gracias a tí :)

17 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Gracias por la sugerencia. Decidí dejarlo con ambos idiomas para que la gente que no sabe Inglés también pueda entender sin problemas.

PD: Debería seguir comentando en inglés?

Eso es excelente, amigo! Eso si que es pensar en los demás! Buen trabajo. 

Acerca de seguir comentando en inglés no tiene sentido cuando hablas con alguien en español. Aunque el foro es en inglés, no tengo ningún problema, pero la mayoria aqui hablan en ingles.

Bienvenido! :)

I've updated the topic. A new version is available with Heretic fully translated. HeXen and Strife are on the way!

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

Will Heretic: Shadow Of The Serpent Riders be translated in Spanish??

Actually that's the one I translated.

Whoops. I forgot to specify.

Great! Heretic had its own expansion called Heretic: Shadow Of The Serpent Riders release in 1995, it has 5 episodes.

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

Great! Heretic had its own expansion called Heretic: Shadow Of The Serpent Riders release in 1995, it has 5 episodes.

Isn't it a special edition? I don't think the original game was needed to play Shadow of the Serpent Riders.

Well this certainly is nice, but two things:

1) GZDoom 2.4.0 came out and could use some translations, too, and

2) So could QZDoom 1.3.0,

and

3) While we're on the subject, would it be alright for us to ... erm "borrow" these for the official repository? :) We'd give credit, of course.

Maybe you know about this but my brothers and I are working on some projects for a modified version of GZDoom that we will be sharing when it's done; these projects include PSX Doom/Final Doom, Doom 64 and all of the RPG games released by Id software. I think it would be a good idea to translate them into Spanish language if possible in the future.

@Rachael

I actually tested it in GZDoom 2.4.0 and QZDoom 1.3.0. It works fine.

@KVELLER

A couple of suggestions:

I would recommend "botiquín médico" instead of "kit médico" to avoid the aglicism "kit".

Also, "pack de estímulo" for "stimpack", sounds weird in Spanish, especially because of "pack". I would prefer "botiquín pequeño" or something along those lines, but let's see what others have to say.

Good day.

56 minutes ago, Zed said:

@Rachael

I actually tested it in GZDoom 2.4.0 and QZDoom 1.3.0. It works fine.

Indeed it will - but that's not what I was asking. By the time of QZDoom 1.3.0 there will be a lot of strings that GZDoom 2.3.0 does not have, and will remain untranslated, particularly with the truecolor menus as well as any features that were added in 2.4 that weren't in 2.3.

22 hours ago, Rachael said:

Well this certainly is nice, but two things:

1) GZDoom 2.4.0 came out and could use some translations, too, and

2) So could QZDoom 1.3.0,

and

3) While we're on the subject, would it be alright for us to ... erm "borrow" these for the official repository? :) We'd give credit, of course.

Oh, I didn't know that a new version for GZDoom was already out! I'll take care of the new strings. I'm guessing QZDoom uses the same ones?

And of course you can "borrow" these! :)

10 hours ago, Zed said:

@KVELLER

A couple of suggestions:

I would recommend "botiquín médico" instead of "kit médico" to avoid the aglicism "kit".

Also, "pack de estímulo" for "stimpack", sounds weird in Spanish, especially because of "pack". I would prefer "botiquín pequeño" or something along those lines, but let's see what others have to say.

Good day.

Thanks for the suggestions! The main reason I posted this in its unfinished state was because of the much needed feedback.

11 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Maybe you know about this but my brothers and I are working on some projects for a modified version of GZDoom that we will be sharing when it's done; these projects include PSX Doom/Final Doom, Doom 64 and all of the RPG games released by Id software. I think it would be a good idea to translate them into Spanish language if possible in the future.

If you need any help with that when the time arrives, don't hesitate to tell me!

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

If you need any help with that when the time arrives, don't hesitate to tell me!

Of course I will let you know!

10 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Oh, I didn't know that a new version for GZDoom was already out! I'll take care of the new strings. I'm guessing QZDoom uses the same ones?

And of course you can "borrow" these! :)

QZDoom introduces some new ones, but otherwise yes it has all the same ones GZDoom has, too.

1 hour ago, Rachael said:

QZDoom introduces some new ones, but otherwise yes it has all the same ones GZDoom has, too.

I think I'll leave the strings for QZDoom untranslated for now. I don't want to "leave my path". After I finish with GZDoom, Hexen and Strife I'll move on to other QZDoom and possibly other games as well.

Fair enough. I've started a branch for these: https://github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom/tree/language-español

First thing - what region should this be labeled as? This file labels it as Mexican (I figured it was the most widespread accent/dialect), but if you're from Europe that would obviously be inappropriate. The ZDoom wiki states these language codes are available:

esm: Mexican Spanish

esn: Modern Spanish

esp: Castilian Spanish

Secondly, I am in the process of adding ¿¡ characters - those can easily be made, so not to worry about them not existing (for now). I may have gotten them wrong in some locations, though, if you are willing could you double check my work? (As a note, I don't really know much Spanish, I know just enough to barely be able to read it) (edit: found someone to help, actually)

Edited by Rachael

30 minutes ago, Rachael said:

Secondly, I am in the process of adding ¿¡ characters - those can easily be made, so not to worry about them not existing (for now). I may have gotten them wrong in some locations, though, if you are willing could you double check my work? (As a note, I don't really know much Spanish, I know just enough to barely be able to read it)

I can help with that too if you want, but I don't know how to use github. But I assume you work with some sort of "raw text" which you can post / send me somehow so I can check it?

If this is not helpful at all, feel free to ignore this message and I'll just do what I can in this thread.

Good day.

Unfortunately, it seems like Github mangles it up a bit. The only real viable way, it seems is to use a Git client or zip it into a text file - and in the latter case I think I'd prefer to wait until I've had a chance to put more work into it.