Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom5962

WAD: The Park and The Minotaure

Hello,

Based on doom2 and jilostsiv, herewith a basic nice map that is fun to play. You can try to defeat the minotaure into his castle.

Start with:

echo runit with linux
   prboom -iwad doom2.wad -file  doom2-nat.wad  em1.wad

Files:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ywk14w

Mirror: --

Have Fun.

the-park-and-minotaure.png

em1.zip

It looks like a 1994 wad , very oldschool and basic. I like the custom tree sprites. I will try it later and give a little review.

(EDIT: Turns out I wasn't playing the OP's wad at all, but something bungled in with the download by Jaska called 'Lost Civilisation'. I am hereby pulling my video link and review)

Edited by Suitepee : Confusion

Suitepee , this is just one map , the wad you have played is : "Lost civilisation"

I don't know what to say about your map , there is no gameplay : only a cyber and one imp , the layout is random and there is not even an exit !

I don't believe this. You are right Roofi; it seems that Doom5962's single map wad is in here, but bungled with something else which I ended up playing as 'Lost Civilisation' by Jaska. Why are these two wads in the same file download?!?!??!?

This is kind of irritating to be honest. I set out to playtest a new mapper's creation, only to be playing something completely different instead that I mistake for it.

Doom5962, you owe us an explaination for this......

Edited by Suitepee

I just now checked out the link Roofi provided also. The first level of Jaska's wad link has 80 enemies in it compared to the one in the OP that only has 3. (in GZDoom)

Is this some sort of scam? Either way I feel that I need to do some sort of actual stream of Jaska's wad to make up for all of this.....

Welp, I'm glad to see I hadn't completely lost my mind when I was telling you that the first WAD was something Jaska had posted screenshots of. Couldn't find the posts when I was looking for them--haven't really gotten the hang of the new forum search yet, I must admit--but I knew that map 01 looked familiar. Fortunately Roofi spotted the baffling mixup (if that's what it is...?) as well.

Well I streamed Jaska's wad last night, and somebody in my Twitch chat suggested that Doom5962 might have had Jaska's wad alongside his in a bad attempt to use the textures from Lost Civilization, since the original post mentions it's based off that; however it seems that the OP has just included the entire wad as the "textures" used or something like that, leading to this confusion.

If that's the case, the OP needs to be edited for clarity and any textures that Doom5962 wants to use from Jaska's 'Lost Civilization' needs to be applied atop his single map wad CORRECTLY.