Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oxyde

3 Heures d'Agonie 3 ! [Finally Final!]

TITLEPIC.png

Salut à tous!

You might remember some french speed-mapping project that already had two episodes. Today comes the first release candidate of the third and final installment of the series, known as "3 heures d'agonie" !

The 3HA series consist of a replacement megawad for Doom 2 in which, each map must be built under a time constraint of 3 hours. Like any community project, themes, difficulty levels and various other factors evolve from one mapper to another. This final episode brings new blood to the table, with new mappers such as Roofi and Necrotikflesh.

CREDIT.png

The final release can be downloaded right here !

A bunch of (outdated) screenshots are available here aswell!

If you haven't already, you may also check the first episode and even the second one !

Edited by Oxyde

2 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Download link 404s for me

My apologies, I mistyped the link. :)
Should be fine now!

Just a fair warning for those downloading the RC1, 2 errors have been reported :

- Finishing the MAP30 on PRBoom+ seems to crash the game.
- Playing DEMO2 on PrBoom+ also seems to crash the game.

You have been warned. :)

Also, we have a testing server on Zdaemon: play it on zds://164.132.231.164:10666

Edited by Ch0wW : Little clarification of the possible crashes.

have fdas for maps01-03

quick thoughts

map01 - really fun opener

map02 - quirky and cute; i liked the secrets but couldnt find the last one (not on automap)

map03 - interesting. reminded me of perdgate a little bit (the e2? maps) but theres too much sniping and infinite height shenanigans for me to recommend this as a fun play

3ha3rc1fda01-03rehelek.zip

Cool to see another one of these!

highlights for me were m05, m07, and FF's swift-death-esque entries (like the puzzlyness of 13, despite the AV puzzle being lifted from a memfis map, heh). also cheers for another darkwave map that clearly went beyond the time limit :P

Bonsoir! We will be playing this WAD in full on ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival this week, 8pm CET. Hope to see some of the authors join us!

9 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Bonsoir! We will be playing this WAD in full on ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival this week, 8pm CET. Hope to see some of the authors join us!

o/

21 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

You can expect a fairly large part of the crew to show up. :)

Wow, the last episode? But 3 is a good number to stop at. No need for it to become a neverending series of unstable quality. Maybe the French community will even move on to bigger projects? No pressure or anything...

I will be here for the TNS but a bit late because of studies.

In MAP32 sector 44 which can't even be entered by the player has some random and weird boom action (type 176). This also makes it an inaccessible secret.

Other than that, see you on TNS o/

8 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

In MAP32 sector 44 which can't even be entered by the player has some random and weird boom action (type 176). This also makes it an inaccessible secret.

Other than that, see you on TNS o/

Thanks for sharing KD!

This wiill be fixed for the next RC. :)

All in all, several adjustments to make the gameplay experience smoother and bug fixes have been made and we are aiming at a second RC soon!

We appreciate the feedbacks and we hope you are having fun playing it!

Coop-20170323-202323.png

Major thanks to all the people that took part in yesterday's event!

It was as awesome as any TNS is!

To complement the official Frenchie server on ZDaemon Ch0wW mentioned above, here is one for those who like it rough:

Name: Ducks feel PAIN - 3 Heures d'agonie (rc1) [fast and powerful monsters]

Address: 89.221.208.147:10718

I just started playing; I'm on map12. Its not as hard as i expected, compared to the previous megawada iirc. I'm still having a lot of fun though. Some very cool maps in here too :)

also happy birthday franckfrag!

Awesome! Congrats on the release, my dudes.. and happy birthday franckfrag! I'm going to autoalign some sectors in Necromantic Thirst (if I'm lucky) to celebrate. :)

On 28/03/2017 at 11:02 AM, DeathevokatioN said:

Awesome! Congrats on the release, my dudes.. and happy birthday franckfrag! I'm going to autoalign some sectors in Necromantic Thirst (if I'm lucky) to celebrate. :)

Hopefully Map07 kicks some motivation in your way to do that! ;)

RC2 is still a thing people, just adding the finishing touches at the moment!

On 28/03/2017 at 11:02 AM, DeathevokatioN said:

Thanks DeathevokatioN :)

The side of this lift in MAP19 was probably also intended to have the metal texture.

The exit which seemed like it could break was in MAP13; but after taking a closer look, it seems like it should always work out fine. I'm mentioning this here to undo the unspecific mention I made while we were playing.

MAP05 might be a tad too easy in coop. All it takes is for one player to rush to the switch which opens exit, and another player to just sit at the exit door and hit the exit switch. Perhaps the action which opens the exit door should be pushed further back into the big trap area so someone has to fight to get there; the way things are now, you can easily avoid at least 2/3 of the monsters in the map.

Also, the coop switch to open tag 5 can be shot from below with freelook; this is nothing critical, but it could be easily prevented by embedding it a bit more into the pillar. On the other hand, trying to shoot the backup switch from above can quickly become awkward as, without freelook, it can only be done from sector 2 because otherwise the height difference is too big and you won't hit it. This could be helped by positioning the switch a bit lower.

In MAP31, the blue key and red key areas can become inaccessible in coop (the usual "can't open from outside if someone dies in there" issue). Though I will probably never feel the need to go that far as long as the vile at start is still alive xD

These things I noticed while randomly playing a few maps here and there. Maybe you already know about them from TNS (I wasn't there).

As for the fun, the wad seems to keep bringing me good laughs on top of the usual fun coming from gameplay...

Fuck this pool in MAP17 (the distance of the corpse from the pool should give you an idea of the speed at which I was running over it).

An orbiting fireball is nothing new, but windows being involved, that was a novelty to me.

*The next paragraph may contain a mini-spoiler for MAP18*

Unfortunately, I have no record of my action film style blind (I was playing the map for the first time) escape from the blue key area in MAP18 with two viles trying to turn me into a crisp, but I can tell you I made it. That is, I thought I made it; I though I was safe once I knew I'd reach the tele behind blue bars before the flames in my back would get me. Alas, little did I know where the teleport destination was. As soon as I teleported, my marine jumped a little, and screamed a lot as it got fried. After shaking off the sudden bedazzlement, I looked around and found out that the destination was over 2048 units away, but still in line of sight of the vile; to illustrate, this screenshot is taken roughly from the place where the teleport destination is, the vile was located a little bit farther than the line of chaingunners in the distance is (the area opens up).

What probably truly made this funny was that Medis was always randomly passing by the right place in the right time to see both my ridiculous death on the MAP17 minipool and to see me teleport in front of him and instantly die to a vile burst which seemed to come from nowhere right in the next map.

Quack-man! o<

Thanks for the feedbacks; here are the current status of those:

The side of this lift in MAP19 was probably also intended to have the metal texture.

This has been fixed!

MAP05 might be a tad too easy in coop. [...]

Actually, as far as Single Player goes, this works fine currently, but this is indeed, not optimized for coop! A fix will be looked at eventually, thanks!

Also, the coop switch to open tag 5 can be shot from below with freelook;

Again, the side effect of speed-mapping. Same as bove! Thanks!

In MAP31, the blue key and red key areas can become inaccessible in coop (the usual "can't open from outside if someone dies in there" issue). Though I will probably never feel the need to go that far as long as the vile at start is still alive xD

This softlock issue has also been fixed! Thanks again. :)

Fuck this pool in MAP17

I remember this one! Out-of-placeness never had a better taste. :D

An orbiting fireball is nothing new, but windows being involved, that was a novelty to me.

:O

After shaking off the sudden bedazzlement, I looked around and found out that the destination was over 2048 units away, but still in line of sight of the vile;

The eternal problem of teleporters I guess... And wow, you seem to be out of luck playing this wad!

As I've pointed before, RC2 is arriving really soon (planned today actually). Thanks again for playing the wad people, it's really appreciated!

As promised earlier on; The second release candidate is available !

We are aware of an issue regarding DEMO1, DEMO2 and DEMO3 lmp files run out of sync when running on DOS, but it is fine on PRBoom. This will be looked into later on. :)

Among the fixes this RC2 brings, Map32 got a full revamp of it's monster placement, you should have a hard time playing it!

Thanks for reading and playing !

Edited by Oxyde