Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhillMcHogan

GZDoom version 2-3-2 OpenGL error (Please help!)

For those who can help,

I recently installed gzdoom version 2-3-2 and when I tried to use it it gave me the error saying "OpenGL is not accelerated!" I really do not know how to fix it and I would strongly appreciate the assistance from anyone willing to help me in my dilemma. 

Seems like a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest video drivers installed!

Also:

What video card are you using?

Are you able to run older builds of GZDoom, or other hardware accelerated ports like GLBoom+?

12 hours ago, Archvile Hunter said:

Seems like a video driver issue. Make sure you have the latest video drivers installed!

Also:

What video card are you using?

Are you able to run older builds of GZDoom, or other hardware accelerated ports like GLBoom+?

My video card is a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I have openGL 1.1 and I am able to use older builds of gzdoom, but lots of the updated addons and wads don't work with the older versions.

From what I can find, that video card only has partial OpenGL 2.1 support. You can try downloading GLEW, unzip it somewhere and find the bin\Release\"32 or 64-bit depending on your OS"\glewinfo.exe program. Running that creates a file, glewinfo.txt, which lists all the things your OpenGL driver supports.

Newer builds of GZDoom require OpenGL 2, and some features require OpenGL 3. If your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 2, there's really nothing you can do besides getting a new PC.

9 hours ago, Archvile Hunter said:

From what I can find, that video card only has partial OpenGL 2.1 support. You can try downloading GLEW, unzip it somewhere and find the bin\Release\"32 or 64-bit depending on your OS"\glewinfo.exe program. Running that creates a file, glewinfo.txt, which lists all the things your OpenGL driver supports.

Newer builds of GZDoom require OpenGL 2, and some features require OpenGL 3. If your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 2, there's really nothing you can do besides getting a new PC.

Where will I find those files?

On 3/21/2017 at 1:21 AM, Archvile Hunter said:

Is there any way to emulate or make the computer "think" that it has openGL 2 or 3? About the glewinfo.exe, I have not found it, I have found stuff like glewinfo.gl.c which I don't know what to do with

56 minutes ago, PhillMcHogan said:

Is there any way to emulate or make the computer "think" that it has openGL 2 or 3?

No, if your graphics card can't use OpenGL 2 or 3, there is nothing you can do but get a new graphics card (or a new PC).

57 minutes ago, PhillMcHogan said:

glewinfo.exe, I have not found it, I have found stuff like glewinfo.gl.c which I don't know what to do with

You probably downloaded the source code instead of the binaries found here.

9 hours ago, Archvile Hunter said:

No, if your graphics card can't use OpenGL 2 or 3, there is nothing you can do but get a new graphics card (or a new PC).

You probably downloaded the source code instead of the binaries found here.

Ok, I downloaded that and opened glewinfo.exe and then it made the read me file giving all sorts of info. Would any of that be used for diagnosis?

All you really need to know is in the first few lines of the txt-file under the first section "GLEW Extension Info". It should say which version of OpenGL is the highest compatible version. For example, mine looks like this:

---------------------------
    GLEW Extension Info
GLEW version 2.0.0
Reporting capabilities of pixelformat 1
Running on a GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 from NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 378.49 is supported

Meaning that my graphics card (GeForce GTX 970) supports OpenGL 4.5.0 and earlier.

Just now, Archvile Hunter said:

All you really need to know is in the first few lines of the txt-file under the first section "GLEW Extension Info". It should say which version of OpenGL is the highest compatible version. For example, mine looks like this:

GLEW Extension Info
GLEW version 2.0.0
Reporting capabilities of pixelformat 1
Running on a GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 from NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 378.49 is supported

Meaning that my graphics card (GeForce GTX 970) supports OpenGL 4.5.0 and earlier.

GLEW Extension Info

GLEW version 2.0.0
Reporting capabilities of pixelformat 3
Running on a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family from Intel
OpenGL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1883 is supported

Here is the information.