Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Session 1 - Rough Beginning (*re*uploaded to /idgames)

Since there isn't much active speedmapping anymore (The Russian Speedmapping contest seems to be the only one active these days), I've decided to try a pilot speedmapping session that'll be held every first Saturday in a month, if you guys agree. If you want to participate, then welcome aboard the

EAGLE SPEEDMAPPING SESSIONS!

The first session will be help on the 1st of April, Saturday in 4 PM GMT.

You can check the time here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Eagle+Speedmapping+Sessions+1&iso=20170401T16&p1=136&ah=2

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be limit-removing and playable in -complevel 2

- You'll get the themes when the session starts to ensure fair play

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map

(you can try to go to OFTC.net channel #eagless if you want to chat, but I'm not sure will it work yet)

I hope you'll enjoy and come back for more next month!

/idgames link - https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/eagles01

FOR NEXT MONTH - simple, freer themes.

Edited by NaZa : Reupload and stuff

So its just like Duel Monsters ASS

Just now, TMD said:

So its just like Duel Monsters ASS

In a sense

For me it will start at 22:00, so I'm not sure. But I'm ready to try! Maybe I'll give something small.

The rules do not say anything about the texturepack.

Are there only standard resources?

Can I add my own midi-track?

And where to send the finished works?

Edited by StormCatcher.77

5 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

For me it will start at 22:00, so I'm not sure. But I'm ready to try! Maybe I'll give something small.

The rules do not say anything about the texturepack.

Are there only standard resources?

Can I add my own midi-track?

And where to send the finished works?

Yeah, you should use only standard resources. Midis are obviously welcome, and you just post the finished works here. 

About the time, I'll rethink the start for the next session. 

That's 9AM for me so count me in! It's probably going to suck since I don't even have any maps out there yet but sucking in the beginning is half the fun, right?

8 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

That's 9AM for me so count me in! It's probably going to suck since I don't even have any maps out there yet but sucking in the beginning is half the fun, right?

Hey, same here! Hello, fellow MDT-er! :)

2 hours ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Hey, same here! Hello, fellow MDT-er! :)

Uh... PDT actually. You sure you got that time right? I just punched it into Google and it said it was 9AM.

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Uh... PDT actually. You sure you got that time right? I just punched it into Google and it said it was 9AM.

Nope, says it's 9AM for me in MDT. Might be earlier for you? I just based it off that conversion link.

12 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Nope, says it's 9AM for me in MDT. Might be earlier for you? I just based it off that conversion link.

Well when I click the link yeah it says 8AM, but that has me a bit worried, now I'm not sure what time actually will line up. It seems like Google wouldn't be wrong on something so simple.

About the time issues - daylight saving time has begun in some countries but not in all, so that may be a reason. It's not GMT but BST because saving time. 

7 minutes ago, Combinebobnt said:

does anybody else see something funny about the starting date...

P- pure coincidence. Do- Don't think m- much of it. 

Guys, I have to do on April 1st, so I can't be of the yours this time... Good luck with the session! I wonder of what can it be...

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Guys, I have to do on April 1st, so I can't be of the yours this time... Good luck with the session! I wonder of what can it be...

Oh it's a pity but thanks for wanting to participate anyway! 

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

;(, Hopefully you can join us next session!

Anyway, I did a practice session last night with one of the old ASS themes. If anyone's bored enough.... ;p

E132Homage2h.zip

1 hour ago, bioshockfan90 said:

;(, Hopefully you can join us next session!

Anyway, I did a practice session last night with one of the old ASS themes. If anyone's bored enough.... ;p

E132Homage2h.zip

Very cool! I might do a practice myself sometime today just to warm up. I tried to record a demo but I never did beat the level and I'm not sure how far I was from the end. So many enemies at the beginning holy crap! I had a couple of really good runs where I ended up killing myself with the Rocket Launcher, so that was entirely on me. I can share the demo if you want.

Only a day left! I'll probably participate myself, but don't worry, I won't play shady. I'm not unfair.

I tried to do a speedmap for practice yesterday, but I wound up liking it too much and want to keep evolving it into a proper map. I gave it another shot today and came up with this in 2 and a half hours. Hopefully I will be faster tomorrow. It is playable with Plutonia or Doom 2 with the Plutonia textures linked at the bottom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyqo6d971g4ma7t/Ritual.wad?dl=0

Hmm, I said we'll keep it at no texture pack usages for the time being. There will be certain... themes later on tho. *hint*

I won't be able to participate but I'll give away the themes either way.

The start of the session is in 19 hours and 26 min from now.

I hope at least 3 people participate. That's my main goal.

59 minutes ago, DoomLover234 said:

Hmm, I said we'll keep it at no texture pack usages for the time being. There will be certain... themes later on tho. *hint*

I won't be able to participate but I'll give away the themes either way.

The start of the session is in 19 hours and 26 min from now.

I hope at least 3 people participate. That's my main goal.

Oh I just saw your post about it. You still didn't specify in the OP which is what I was going on when setting parameters for my practice. In any case, my map does still use base textures if you play it in Plutonia. There just happens to be a way to play it in Doom 2 also. I don't see anything regarding IWADs so I assume any official game is acceptable. My first attempt to practice was for Doom 1 E2.