Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

I would like some good weapon mods

Wich are some of the best weapon mods out there (by best i mean just some small and nice weapon mods like Samsara or Final doomer)

Xaser made a great weapons mod based on Eriance's Demon Eclipe, just google Eriguns and you'll find it on the zdoom forums. 

Well Samsara is pretty huge really, but I think you just mean how it smooths out the Doom gun animations.

I like some of the oldschool, slightly more simple gun mods like bomb_x and Immoral Conduct. I've made a few of my own over the years, I think DMGuns and FunGuns do an alright job at slightly beefing the guns while still feeling pretty purely Doomy.

If you want the more newschool sort of gun mod (or really, just about any kind of gun / gameplay mod) check here:

Well, there is DemonSteele, but it's not strictly a weapon mod. Either way, it's definitely one of the better mods out there if you ask me.

Project MSX is well worth a look, if you don't mind the fact that it also modifies the enemies and entails a very different style of gameplay from that of regular Doom: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25836

For a more conventional experience I would recommend this Doom64 weapons mod, with its 'extras' package: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/doom-64-weapons-only-30-aenima-extra-weapons

I will have to agree with Zed. Russian Overkill is NUTS (crappy joke). The mod has tons of weapons and each one has like a thousand different modes (not that many, but 4 modes for a gun in Doom is more than enough).

Also, it is a crazily unbalanced mod. You can get thousands of HP by healing with some guns or use a minigun, which fires planes, that in their turn fire rockets and many more. However, that is what makes it fun. It is as the name suggests: "Overkill"!

Some other mods I saw recently on youtube is "Nightmare of the Sin", which has a Castlevania feel to it and "Too many super shotguns", which is a joke, I would say.

Just now, ShotgunDemolition said:

I will have to agree with Zed. Russian Overkill is NUTS (crappy joke). The mod has tons of weapons and each one has like a thousand different modes (not that many, but 4 modes for a gun in Doom is more than enough).

Also, it is a crazily unbalanced mod. You can get thousands of HP by healing with some guns or use a minigun, which fires planes, that in their turn fire rockets and many more. However, that is what makes it fun. It is as the name suggests: "Overkill"!

Some other mods I saw recently on youtube is "Nightmare of the Sin", which has a Castlevania feel to it and "Too many super shotguns", which is a joke, I would say.

Russian Overkill is fun but i am just asking for some good weapon mods wich i can use together with some nice megawads

And Nightmare of the Sin does not have a Castlevania feel it IS a Castlevania Doom Mod (It is more of a Symphony of the Night Mod but you get the point)

22 hours ago, Za Warudo said:

Russian Overkill is fun but i am just asking for some good weapon mods wich i can use together with some nice megawads

And Nightmare of the Sin does not have a Castlevania feel it IS a Castlevania Doom Mod (It is more of a Symphony of the Night Mod but you get the point)

A ok. I have never been into Castlevania very much. I just knew many weapons from it and didn't know how much similar it was to the original games. I only tried it once or twice (the mod) and it was fine for me, although I usually play vanilla.