Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Misty

How to remove...

How to safely remove longer and normal size custom skies from wad and bring back Doom2 default skies ? Everytime when I'm trying to do this,it gives me some errors. It would be great,if this would be explained step by step. 

1. Open your wad in SLADE3 and open the TEXTURE1 editor, select textures SKY1, SKY2 and SKY3, and delete them. Keep the TEXTURE1 editor open.

2. In another tab of SLADE3, open Doom2.wad and its TEXTURE1 editor, select textures SKY1, SKY2 and SKY3, and copy them.

3. Go back to the tab with your wad's TEXTURE1 editor, and paste the copied skies, close your wad's TEXTURE1 editor, confirm saving changes in the editor, save the whole wad, done.

It worked perfectly. Thank you. But now I have second question - I'm trying transfer one texture on the sky using linedef action 271 ,this works on prboom+ port,but not on zdoom based ports. I tagged sectors with sky texture, created outside sector for applying that action. Maybe it's easier way to transfer sky to tagged sectors,that shows custom texture to both ports? 

Sky transfer should work in Zdoom based ports too - I believe it even overrides the sky as defined in MAPINFO.

Try defining the sky in MAPINFO (presuming you're only using one custom sky per map?) and see if that works.  It's a band-aid solution, but it would at least work.

Well,I have no problems with MAPINFO lump,but it saves as text file. How to convert it into lump? 

Like most ZDoom-specific definition lumps, and unlike lumps like for example SWITCHES that are binary format, MAPINFO is a text format lump, so just write your text into a lump, save it, and that's it.