Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NecrumWarrior

Optimal Way to Play Aliens TC

I've played a good chunk of the 10 Years of Doom Wads, but one that has always given me trouble is Aliens TC. Any time I have tried to play it in one of my preferred source ports, it has yielded many issues, the worst of which is decorations I can't seem to pass through in areas I clearly need to go through. There's also an issue of said decorations not lining up where they should, ie on the ceiling. I was wondering if someone here could enlighten me on how I might get it working, preferably in a new source port but if I have to use something like Chocolate Doom I guess I can do that. 

I run it in (G)ZDoom (just load the .wads and the dehacked file) and make sure in the compatibility settings to set "Ignore y offsets on masked midtextures" to YES. ("+set compat_maskedmidtex 1" on the command line.)

Not sure I've had an issue with blocking decorations, though; I know the vegetation pillars are destructible...

32 minutes ago, Salt-Man Z said:

I run it in (G)ZDoom (just load the .wads and the dehacked file) and make sure in the compatibility settings to set "Ignore y offsets on masked midtextures" to YES. ("+set compat_maskedmidtex 1" on the command line.)

Not sure I've had an issue with blocking decorations, though; I know the vegetation pillars are destructible...

Ah, I think I got it working correctly now. Thank you!