Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

What happened to Post Hell?

I notice that this forum finally upgraded but it seems Post Hell is gone, what happened to it?

Just now, Jaxxoon R said:

Post Hell has outlived his usefulness...

Well to tell you the truth, without Post Hell the novelty of this site now feels empty, like it's nothing special anymore.

I think there has to be old archives surviving from Post Hell though for us to revisit.

1 minute ago, Cupboard said:

They could charge money for people to view Post Hell. "Inferno! Membership Pass"

There's no way anyone would pay money just for that.

There's a technical reason for it. Post Hell was running off an old arcane version of HTML 1.6 that necessitated the regular sacrifice of kittens to maintain.

Ling sadly ran out of kittens, so Post Hell had to go. It was hard work maintaining it's presence in this earthly realm after all!

I feel like I should be posting this in one of the confession threads, but I was secretly hoping that at some point I would come across a Post Hell thread that specifically concerned me, because I always found it amusing that every now and then, someone on here would end up with some fucko stalker that made a fool of themselves and ended up being helled.

I really miss the experience of Post Hell, honestly. Is there any way an archived version of the site can be put up somewhere? Or some of the threads? It was a hell of a lot of fun.

49 minutes ago, Jannak said:

There's no way anyone would pay money just for that.

I would.

Or maybe time it's to grow up and forget Post Hell, it's all fun and games but it had to happen eventually. As much as it gave us entertaintment, some idiots just wanted to get on there for sake of getting on there, filling up PH with intentional shitposts.

Doomworld was originally from an overbearing religious household. After it went to college & made non religious friends Doomworld decided to reject it's families religion in favor of atheisim. It no longer believes in such silly things as Post Hell.

24 minutes ago, Alter said:

Or maybe time it's to grow up and forget Post Hell, it's all fun and games but it had to happen eventually. As much as it gave us entertaintment, some idiots just wanted to get on there for sake of getting on there, filling up PH with intentional shitposts.

To be honest, I've never seen it being a problem. It's not like there was a flood of shitposting that interfered with useful discussion.

Besides, I firmly believe that growing up doesn't necessarily include rejecting everything silly in your life and becoming A Serious Man. Embracing your inner fifth-grader might just be the most mature thing you can do after spending years convincing yourself that you're better than that.

Alter is right. With fewer distractions like that late forum, you can now focus more on playing and modding Doom, and after that, spending your forum time more constructively, posting about Doom, not random chatter.

Post Hell never distracted me. But if you wanna talk focus and distractions - we have status updates and reputation now.

Shrug shrug.

Aww... Now where will my posts go when all they say is "100% ThreePenisWine! drink my piss now for 50% off!"

I'm hoping there's an archive of PH loitering around: useful or not, there's some comedy gold to be found in there if you can hold your nose for long enough.

41 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

I'm hoping there's an archive of PH loitering around: useful or not, there's some comedy gold to be found in there if you can hold your nose for long enough.

Pretty much this. It'd be really cool if there was an archive for us to poke around in.

Stupid or not, it often made for a great laugh, seeing how people made fools out of themselves. It really feels like a part of Doomworld has died with it.

Post Hell had been a staple of the site.

There should be a hidden button or easter egg that changes the forum theme into PH, with music, the flames and everything. Showing all user titles as Banned etc!

Maybe for one day on April 1st, we could relive the madness :D

6 hours ago, Jannak said:

Well to tell you the truth, without Post Hell the novelty of this site now feels empty, like it's nothing special anymore.

Second that 100%. Sites quality just dropped by a fair bit.

You need a news page. Doom isn't a dead scene, we need news pages to keep us updated on what's what. Without it, your saying it's dead.

Edited by icemann

44 minutes ago, icemann said:

Without it, your saying it's dead.

you're*

Also, not even close. If anything it's preventing people from failing to realize that this website has forums and is actually a very, very alive scene with a lot going on. You know what I think would be a good compromise? Having a news button across the top of the-... OH WAIT LOOK AT THAT, It's right there in the navigation bar. :P

I'm sure post hell will return. Where will we put our shitty posts? After all, its not like the admins can just delete them out of thin air. They have to go somewhere!