Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gordon Grand

Doom II MAP01 remake

Hey guys, I'm Gordon Grand and I'm a Doom fan. I just got in this Doomworld community. I have played lots of Doom levels, WADs and mods. They are so good and so awesome! I have learned a little bit about mapping in Doom Builder and I am trying to remake the first level of Doom II. When I finish, I'll share it for you guys to try and leave me some comments.

Edited by Gordon Grand

I remember very old times when I start to modify IWAD maps.

Later I created my own. But it even have no exit. Blocky and flat map. And have one enemy - commander keen inside the cage.

(just don't make a new thread when you finish it, use this one. :] )

Good luck, I sense it'll be something... grand. ok, bad pun.

On 3/26/2017 at 4:22 AM, riderr3 said:

I remember very old times when I start to modify IWAD maps.

Later I created my own. But it even have no exit. Blocky and flat map. And have one enemy - commander keen inside the cage.

I think it's similar to wow.wad

COMPBLUE is not the best texture for making furniture, as it has a pattern. Better use something like BROWNHUG, STUCCO or ZIMMER2, or, why not, REDWALL. Just my opinionTM though.

BTW that light flat could be lowered (or raised). I recommend you to check out John Romero's personal mapping rules, they are helpful (if you haven't already).

What's a sofa that big doing next to a huge badass computer anyway? :]

Don't give up.

On 4/3/2017 at 8:21 PM, bzzrak said:

COMPBLUE is not the best texture for making furniture, as it has a pattern. Better use something like BROWNHUG, STUCCO or ZIMMER2, or, why not, REDWALL. Just my opinionTM though.

BTW that light flat could be lowered (or raised). I recommend you to check out John Romero's personal mapping rules, they are helpful (if you haven't already).

What's a sofa that big doing next to a huge badass computer anyway? :]

Don't give up.

Thanks for your comment.

I was actually trying to make a bench for people who have just arrived the starport to sit their and read newspaper or drink coffee. I will stretch that bench and change the texture. The huge computer is used for marines and staffs around their for searching things relates to the starport. There are small monitors on the computer. The wall and the floor's textures will be changed, and there will be more shading.

There will be more changes.

14 hours ago, Gordon Grand said:

Things will become less realistic

I have done the math and concluded that you type at 0.0001 words per minute. You were probably just putting all your time into making your doom map though, I'm sure. :)

Any updates best friend?